Do you like your Keurig?

I really want to get a Keurig, but I'm not sure which model I should get, and what's a good price to pay for it. We drink anywhere from 2 - 6 cups of coffee a day, I don't know if that makes a difference on which model I should get. Anyone have any opinions on Keurigs?

It is my guilty pleasure! I'll cut back in other areas of life to have Keurig coffee. I love my Keurig, and I do have the reusable Solofill if I feel like using regular coffee and not a K Cup. Today i had 1 cup of nantucket Blend, 1 of Caribou Blend, and 1 of Celestial Season Lemon Zinger tea.

I got a red Keurig Mini at Kohls.com with a 30% off code, so it was $70 shipped.

OMG we LOVE ours! We just got one for Christmas and I must say it is one of the best gifts ever! If you have a Costco, I highly recommend getting it there. It's $139 for the Platinum series but the great part is that it comes with the reusable filter and 60 K-Cups. The reusable filters sale from $17-20 by themselves and 60 K Cups could easily run you $30, so it really is a good deal. :cheesy:

My favorite K-Cups are by Wolfgang Puck so far. The Hawaiian Hazelnut is TDF! :yup:

I bought my girls the Keurig mini for Christmas from Kohls. Between both of my girls, we use the Keurig to make 2-4 cups of coffee a day. I also purchased the Solofill cups so that we didn't have to always use the Kcups. So far, so good. It's easy and quick! The mini is so cute, and I love the red.

after a month of waiting for the right deal on a keurig, i just received our platinum keurig from kohls this week and my husband and i love it.. he says the coffee is incredible compared to the tripe they drink at his office.. and it does make a perfect cup of tea, its really amazing how it gets it to just the right temp..

the platinum keurig came with a 12 k cup sampler and i ordered a box of 18 hazelnut kcups and a my kcup.. i used a 30 percent off code and free shipping code for kohls credit card holders .. the order total was 155 including tax.. i got 20 dollars kohls cash with my purchase, which i used to buy 2 more 18 packs of kcups..

breakdown: keurig platinum, 12 kcup sampler, 3 kcup 18 packs, and one my kcup= 155$ order total

i had a 50 dollar gift card from christmas so i ended up paying 105 which made it an extra great deal for me lol..

They just bought one for DH's office and he likes it and said that its easy to use.

We thought about getting one for the house, but since he drinks black coffee and maybe a vanilla latte once a month it didn't make much sense for us financially. We do drink hot cocoa, but the brand I buy doesn't come in K cups and I make it with milk.

If you just drink black coffee it would be cheaper to just brew it in a normal coffee pot or french press, but if you like all of the different flavors and latte type drinks then I think a Keurig would be good for you.

LOVE my Keurig Platinum! It was a surprise Christmas gift from my parents. I love the large capacity water reservoir. It's nice to be able to enjoy a fresh cup of coffee anytime I want one. No more wasting coffee and no more drinking "old" coffee! If you enjoy fresh, hot cofee you will LOVE a Keurig.

I bought a Keurig last year for myself for Mother's Day and I love it. I don't drink much coffee during the week, but I do enjoy it on the weekends, so I don't use it as often as some people probably do. I bought it from Sam's Club and it came with a water filter and I think about 72 cups. We filter all of our water here anyways, so the extra filter was a nice touch for us. I will say that you should make sure to use as "clean" of water as you can in it because it will build up in there.

We use it a lot for instant hot water to make hot cocoa for the kids, ramen noodles, jello, hot tea...My husband teases me all the time about my $140 ramen noodle maker

What are the main differences between the mini and the platinum? I'm not sure which one I need? Can the mini heat up hot water too?

Mini doesn't have a reservoir, you have to put water into it each time and it has no programmable features, but then it works the same inside.

We LOVE our Keurig. For me the mini is annoying. Go for the Platinum B70. When i wake up its already on and takes less than a minute to brew. I don't drink coffee at all, just tea, hot chocolate and hot cider, dh drinks the coffee though.

Best deal is Costco. $139 with 60 cups and the reusable filter. Next best is bed bath and beyond with 20% off coupon. Stock up on coupons and BBB is cheap for cups. Free shipping from the beyond store too (only accessible online - in store) and they accept coupons too. Extra flavors online.

Don't forget to register your machine and do the buy 2 get 2 at Keurig.com

Go for the Platinum B70. When i wake up its already on and takes less than a minute to brew. I don't drink coffee at all, just tea, hot chocolate and hot cider, dh drinks the coffee though.

Best deal is Costco. $139 with 60 cups and the reusable filter.

Thank you...definitely the info I needed. I love Costco, so I'm glad I can go buy it there. :)

I am glad that everyone still loves their Keurigs so much, I'm excited to get one too!

Thank you...definitely the info I needed. I love Costco, so I'm glad I can go buy it there. :)

I am glad that everyone still loves their Keurigs so much, I'm excited to get one too!

I'm glad you decided to get the Platinum from Costco. It really is the best deal out there with all the extras you get with it. Plus, if you have any problems with it at all, Costco is so good about returns. :yup:

Love that lemon blueberry tea too! I also like the Timothy's white tea orange indulgence. As far as brewer models go- I just have the mini, I like it fine. When I was selecting one for my mom as a gift a difference between some of the models is the ability to use tall latte style mugs. So if that affects you make sure you take note of that, it didn't matter to us, but your travel mugs will all be those tall mugs. Mine is in the kitchen with little counter space so not having a water tank is actually my preference.

I just received mine over a week ago. Bought it from Kohls.com with a 30% off code. It is the B40 and I like it. It has 2 sizes which is enough for me. The coffee is great and so is the hot apple cider :D . I also got the "My K-cup Filter". At 1st the filter was a disappointment and it leaked and caused a small mess. :( I found a guy on Ebay who had a extremely simple modification (small washer install) that took about 5 seconds and no tools an now works great. :) (Just search K-cup overflow problem on Ebay) With the filter it can brew any type coffee in minutes without having to buy the K-cups. But I do like the Green Mountain Extra Bold so I keep them on hand.

I just received mine over a week ago. Bought it from Kohls.com with a 30% off code. It is the B40 and I like it. It has 2 sizes which is enough for me. The coffee is great and so is the hot apple cider :D . I also got the "My K-cup Filter". At 1st the filter was a disappointment and it leaked and caused a small mess. :( I found a guy on Ebay who had a extremely simple modification (small washer install) that took about 5 seconds and no tools an now works great. :) (Just search K-cup overflow problem on Ebay) With the filter it can brew any type coffee in minutes without having to buy the K-cups. But I do like the Green Mountain Extra Bold so I keep them on hand.

I am glad that you like your Keurig! I hadn't heard about the washer fix to help with the My k cup overflow problem. That's great that it was so easy to fix. I bought the Solofill cups, and they work like a charm! I had read about all the nightmares with the overflow with the My K Cup, so I didn't even bother with Keurig's My K cup. Now I am tempted to upgrade to the Costco Keurig, but the mini is so cute. My girls fill their travel mugs with coffee, and they don't fit under the mini.

Has anyone tried the Kcups that are sold at Costco? One has a donut name in the manufacturer. I don't want to invest $30, and then the girls not like the coffee!

I am glad that you like your Keurig! I hadn't heard about the washer fix to help with the My k cup overflow problem. That's great that it was so easy to fix. I bought the Solofill cups, and they work like a charm! I had read about all the nightmares with the overflow with the My K Cup, so I didn't even bother with Keurig's My K cup. Now I am tempted to upgrade to the Costco Keurig, but the mini is so cute. My girls fill their travel mugs with coffee, and they don't fit under the mini.

Has anyone tried the Kcups that are sold at Costco? One has a donut name in the manufacturer. I don't want to invest $30, and then the girls not like the coffee!

The ones sold at cosco are good. Its a really good deal too.

I use my Platinum 3 times a day. I used to never drink coffee, thanks to the Keurig I do all the time. (Maybe that's a bad thing!) We have a Tanger outlet and I bought mine from Le Gourmet Chef. I had just taken advantage of a buy 1 $25 gift card,get one free promotion and I had a 20% off coupon to Le Gourmet Chef. On top of that the Keurigs were on sale, I believe they were 120ish on sale before the coupons/giftcards. If you live near a Tanger that has a Le Gourmet Chef you can sign up for e-mails and they will send you a coupon.

I bought a Keurig last week and have since taken it back. I purchased a Tassimo instead and absolutely love it. The Keurig was fine except there was a couple of times that I only got very little coffee and I mean very little. Don't know if I was doing something wrong or what but it only happened a time or two. The reason why I took it back was because of the coffee selection. Now where I live, you only have Walmart,Kmart and a grocery store or two to choose from. None of those had much of a selection for the Keurig. I love different types of coffees/flavored coffees. It just wasn't worth it to me to have this $130 machine and have to order the coffees online in order to get a variety.

The Tassimo however had a much better selection available in my local stores. It was cheaper too along with cheaper coffees. I love the Suchards hot chocolate and so does the kids. The Starbucks latte primo is wonderful as well as the Maxwell House cappucino. Both of the latte primo and cappucino come with creamers which are t discs intead of k cups. So far these are the only flavors that I have tried and love them all. With the Tassimo, you have coffee within seconds while with the Keurig it took a couple of minutes. My only complaint is the Tassimo is a bit louder than the Keurig but no big deal. Once you register it online, you get to choose 2 different packages of coffee or tea for free and they will send it to you. So far, loving the Tassimo.

I bought a Keurig last week and have since taken it back. I purchased a Tassimo instead and absolutely love it. The Keurig was fine except there was a couple of times that I only got very little coffee and I mean very little. Don't know if I was doing something wrong or what but it only happened a time or two. The reason why I took it back was because of the coffee selection. Now where I live, you only have Kmart and a grocery store or two to choose from. None of those had much of a selection for the Keurig. I love different types of coffees/flavored coffees. It just wasn't worth it to me to have this $130 machine and have to order the coffees online in order to get a variety.

The Tassimo however had a much better selection available in my local stores. It was cheaper too along with cheaper coffees. I love the Suchards hot chocolate and so does the kids. The Starbucks latte primo is wonderful as well as the Maxwell House cappucino. Both of the latte primo and cappucino come with creamers which are t discs intead of k cups. So far these are the only flavors that I have tried and love them all. With the Tassimo, you have coffee within seconds while with the Keurig it took a couple of minutes. My only complaint is the Tassimo is a bit louder than the Keurig but no big deal. Once you register it online, you get to choose 2 different packages of coffee or tea for free and they will send it to you. So far, loving the Tassimo.

I don't know much about the Tassimo and I am glad that it works for you. I love the Keurig and the ability to make any coffee I want with the "My K-cup" or the "Solofill cup". I can buy any coffee at the store and make it in the Keurig with those reuseable filters. I also do not mind buying coffee on-line as I do most of my shopping that way anyhow and I find the on-line prices are much better than the local brick and morter stores. I don't know why your Keurig coffee took a couple of minutes, but when I push the Brew button I have coffee pouring into the cup in seconds. But this is what makes this world go around. Different strokes for different folks.

With the Keurig, from the time it took to heat the water it took a couple of minutes but the instruction manual that came with it said that it would take around 4 minutes. With the Tassimo, the water is heated and pouring in my cup within 30 seconds. I will say though that the water is not as hot as it was with the Keurig.

• 3 months later...
Guest bluecamel1913
We have Keurig at work and it is great. Even if the reservoir runs out, just fill it back up and hot coffee in seconds. Love the selection. Highly recommended product.