Does anyone walk around the stores...

mjmcca

and look at whats in high inventory now in anticipation of BF sales? I was in Target today and I noticed that there had to be 300 Vsmiles on the highest shelves in the toy department. There were also tons of doddle pros and aqua doddles. I am thinking they may be part of a BF promotion or possibly one before BF.

Anyone else go to the storres and look to see whats in high supply and try and guess whats going to be on sale? or a hot seller?

Guest Deals4Me

yep...The DVD players that were super cheap last year., they were on a palet the week before... I figured BF..... they sold a lot. But after BF they raised the price by 20 bucks...

a couple weeks later...probably 4 or 5 days before christmas,I was gonna buy one... was looking for an undamaged box towards the bottom.... WOO HOO! Found one with the Black Friday sign on it...had the price on it! Got an additional $3 off too...

I stalk the store like Walmart and Target the Wednesday night before BF, to see where each item will be. Here in RI we are having a tax free day on BF and the day after

I did that in Walmart last year when I was in a week before BF picking up the kids christmas pictures..lol

Not interested in the Vsmile, I trust LeapFrog products, as we've had great luck with the company in the past, and I don't want to jinx that.

I'll keep an eye out myself, I have a dreaded trip to Walmart to make in the next few days anyway.

I would really give V smile a look. I got the large unit last Christmas and my son loved it. I just got him the pocket for his birthday and i have a hard time getting him to put it down. It is very educational. Teaches math letters numbers colors ect. I am very pleased with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I would really give V smile a look. I got the large unit last Christmas and my son loved it. I just got him the pocket for his birthday and i have a hard time getting him to put it down. It is very educational. Teaches math letters numbers colors ect. I am very pleased with it.

I have one put away for my granddaughter's third birthday in December. How old is your son and did you buy any games that were for kids "older" than him? I want to get her the Disney princess game for it but I think the age is supposed to start at 6! So I don't know if she can handle it.

Gloey

We got the v.smile last christmas for my daughter and she loves it. She is 5 now and it is very educational. I might get her the pocket one this christmas.

I did that in Walmart last year when I was in a week before BF picking up the kids christmas pictures..lol

I totally do that too. It isn't a 24 hour walmart here, so I go in at like 9 pm. (they close at 10) and try to see where they have at least put some of the stuff that won't be on pallets. Two years ago when I did this I was able to get a bunch of the stuff early because it was already ringing up the bf price.

My cousin matt is a district manager for walmart and he can put back items for me.. so thankfully i can avoid some of the rush.. but he cant put them back untill BF and he cant use his employee discount on them but who cares..lol my kids have a vsmile already..it would be awesome if they would put the games on sale!!!!

I totally do that too. It isn't a 24 hour walmart here, so I go in at like 9 pm. (they close at 10) and try to see where they have at least put some of the stuff that won't be on pallets. Two years ago when I did this I was able to get a bunch of the stuff early because it was already ringing up the bf price.

Once DH and I went to Target the Wednesday before BF and bought some of the items we knew were in their BF ad. Then instead of standing in line on BF we went in later that day and they were happy to give us a price adjustment. It kind of took the fun out of it,:( but that left us more time to hit the other stores.:)

and look at whats in high inventory now in anticipation of BF sales?

Anyone else go to the storres and look to see whats in high supply and try and guess whats going to be on sale? or a hot seller?

yes LOL...I never would have thought to do it until someone posted it here :g_laughin

My cousin matt is a district manager for walmart and he can put back items for me.. so thankfully i can avoid some of the rush.. but he cant put them back untill BF and he cant use his employee discount on them but who cares..lol my kids have a vsmile already..it would be awesome if they would put the games on sale!!!!

I'm waiting to see them on sale too!

I bought the V-Smile last year for my boys. I had a VERY hard time finding the games. Everyone was sold out. Also, try to find an AC adapter. The large console does not come with it. You will go broke with buying batteries. I noticed that WalMart stocks the adapters now. My WalMart even has some of the older games on clearance for $11. But it is a great investment. Good Luck.