Toys R Us - Christmas themed toys 90% off -- CARS, GeoTrax, Lego

jswitzer77

Just came from Toys R Us in Jackson, MS. They have a section at the front of the store that says Christmas items are 90% off. Didn't see anything I needed there, but found things throughout the store that were a steal! I see that someone already posted the small Lego snowmen for $0.40, reg $3.99. I got several of those. I also found:

GeoTrax Christmas train set for $1.00, reg $9.98

Disney Cars Mater Saves Christmas -- three Christmas themed cars for $2.00, reg $19.99

Each of these items was marked full price, but scanned at 90% off.

Hope this helps someone!

Edited by jswitzer77

Just came from Toys R Us in Jackson, MS. They have a section at the front of the store that says Christmas items are 90% off. Didn't see anything I needed there, but found things throughout the store that were a steal! I see that someone already posted the small Lego snowmen for $0.40, reg $3.99. I got several of those. I also found:

GeoTrax Christmas train set for $1.00, reg $9.98

Disney Cars Mater Saves Christmas -- three Christmas themed cars for $2.00, reg $19.99

Each of these items were marked full price, but scanned at 90% off.

Hope this helps someone!

Interesting. They were scanning full price at our stores a couple of days ago. Will have to check it out.

Last week I went while it was still 75 off Christmas. I found the GeoTrax Christmas Train in the big box and got so excited. It was under the sign and had it's own spot right with the Christmas stuff. When I got up to the register the manager was up there and when they scanned the train it did not ring up 75 off. I stood there and argued about it for 5 minutes and he refused. He would NOT budge. That would be great if you could get it 90 off. I think our store only had the one I had and no spot on the floor for it with the other GeoTrax stuff. I left very dissappointed. Hopefully it will work for you though. WOuld be nice to see someone get one for that. What a deal that would be. My little guy LOVES that stuff.

I just bought the big Geotrax Christmas train set for $77 + tax. It definitely wasn't on any major sale, but I went there expecting to pay the price I did.. We want to use it for our xmas tree every year for the next 15yrs or so, so it was worth it. What I'm wondering, though, is if Toys R Us price adjusts on things that their customers purchased already (from TRU). Anybody know if they do, and how that works if they do? Wondering if I have a chance to get lucky if it goes cheaper soon:) Or I might rebuy at the cheaper price and use my first receipt to return at the higher price if not. Anybody?

They will do a price adjustment if the item goes on sale, but I am pretty sure that excludes clearance. I would keep an eye out for one of their additional 25% off clearance sales though. It would be an excellent buy for $58. My toddler fell in love when we saw it in the store, but we already have so much Thomas stuff that I hated to add yet another line of trains to the household. But for $58, I would probably reconsider.

Well, it was a bummer that most items were gone. There were no Cars or Legos left. However, I did force the issue with the Playmobil Nativity & Advent Calendar. They were not on the exclusion list, and you cannot claim that a nativity set or advent calendar are not Christmas. If you still have time and want to do the same, it is useful to print off the sale flyer from the website. The signs in the Christmas section also say the same thing. I was able to pull it up on my smart phone to show them. They weren't thrilled, but they honored it. I was able to use my Rewards coupons too, so they were free.