Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2011

Brad

Anyone see the Primo water cooler go down? There is only one left at my Target and it was regular 199.xx and is marked 139.xx right now. I was in a rush and didn't have a chance to run the numbers thru the price checker. When do they mark down that area in the week where the water coolers are??

Possible, but I kind of doubt it. They are too bulky & heavy to ship. The cost of shipping them would erase any kind of bargain price someone would get for them. But they might be going on Craigs List or other thing like that, particularly if near a college.

Yes, probably the case, big college town Montana State University....LOL or they have alot of teenagers

Yes, probably the case, big college town Montana State University....LOL or they have alot of teenagers

I keep one in the basement for when I make a batch of home brewed beer. :-) That and I use it to brine the turkey at Thanksgiving and when I need to cure the bacon before I smoke it in the smoker. Handy little thing, but we have to keep it turned off the rest of the time. You know those things use as much electricity as a full size one?!?! No Energy Star small fridges!

I keep one in the basement for when I make a batch of home brewed beer. :-) That and I use it to brine the turkey at Thanksgiving and when I need to cure the bacon before I smoke it in the smoker. Handy little thing, but we have to keep it turned off the rest of the time. You know those things use as much electricity as a full size one?!?! No Energy Star small fridges!

That is why my son doesn't have one in his bedroom, he can come out to the kitchen and get a drink LOL

It seems hardly anyone is posting here anymore - is everyone posting about Target clearance somewhere else? Just curious, it seems strange that no one posted anything here for almost three days.

On another note - I don't like the mobile version, as I can't see where the person is posting from, so unless you state in your post the city & state - I have no idea where the deal was found.

Can't get out today - home with sick kid. :(

Picked up a docking/charging station for the Wii for $10.48 made by duracell this morning. I love having that 30 minutes in the morning between taking DD to school and having to be at work. It's just enough time to check a few of the clearance spots.

Whats the gift pack offer?

Purchase $20 dark of the moon toys and mail off receipt to receive:

The TRANSFORMERS Gift Pack consists of:

one (1) limited edition TRANSFORMERS Dark of the Moon T-shirt (ARV $10.99),

one (1) special edition KREON TRANSFORMERS figure (ARV $4.99), and

one (1) $5.00 off coupon good through 1/31/2012 for future TRANSFORMERS toys purchase.

LINK limit of 5 per household.

It seems hardly anyone is posting here anymore - is everyone posting about Target clearance somewhere else? Just curious, it seems strange that no one posted anything here for almost three days.

On another note - I don't like the mobile version, as I can't see where the person is posting from, so unless you state in your post the city & state - I have no idea where the deal was found.

I feel like it's just that time of year where clearance is dying down and the deals aren't as awesome on a day-to-day basis. There is a big time clearance lull before Christmas.

I can only get to Target maybe once a week these days, so I don't have a lot to add that others haven't already posted.

I feel like it's just that time of year where clearance is dying down and the deals aren't as awesome on a day-to-day basis. There is a big time clearance lull before Christmas.

I can only get to Target maybe once a week these days, so I don't have a lot to add that others haven't already posted.

I think clearance has just been lousy lately. Even given the season of the year, the clearance has been grim.

I found out a few weeks ago that target is sending ALOT of their marked down items to the local Good Will's. Seems like that are marked down 30% for just a few days and then they are cleared out. The Good Will in our town is now STOCKED full of "salvaged" Target item. Unfortunately, the prices that Good Will marks the items is not always a great price! Edited by aimallis

Here in OH we have a store called Marcs that has a huge Closeouts section. I noticed a ton of Target stuff there about a year ago. Then I noticed my Targets having less clearance or salvaging at 30% sometimes. They must have signed a deal to send it to Marcs.

The crappy part is most of the stuff at Marcs is marked more than I could have gotten it at target so BOTH of my fave stores are less fun to shop now.

I found out a few weeks ago that target is sending ALOT of their marked down items to the local Good Will's. Seems like that are marked down 30% for just a few days and then they are cleared out. The Good Will in our town is now STOCKED full of "salvaged" Target item. Unfortunately, the prices that Good Will marks the items is not always a great price!

To be clear, they are not "sending it" to Goodwill in the sense of giving it to them. They sell it to Goodwill. Goodwill buys salvage the same way Big Lots and other discount stores do. In the current market there is not enough of this type of merchandise available for the discount stores, so they are willing to pay more for it than they used to. That means that a lot of stores are able to salvage their items at higher prices and given the labor cost involved in markdowns they have to determine if the trade off of selling it at salvage is better than doing another round of mark downs. That is why we see stuff disappear sometimes before it gets to 75%. Each Target does salvage as the general manager sees fit, so your local store must be getting good enough % on the $ prices from Goodwill to make it worthwhile.

I agree there isn't too much to report on I did find dry erase boards 081 07 0481 for $1.25 were 5.00 (for post prom gifts).

Really disappointed in the selection of bed linens they aren't marking them down, they are disappearing and whats left have been opened,

labels (outside packaging) are removed so you don't even know what you are getting.

Must have been a day late with electronics this morning here... got this for $25 (regular $100):

http://target.scene7.com/is/image/Target/12359010_is?wid=618&hei=618

...and this waterproof video camera for $19.99 (reg. $80):

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51315Qotx-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Nice to get a couple of Christmas gifts done... no more toy fun in this house; only electronics 'fun' for me now.

... almost forgot; also got 2 of these for $12.48 each (reg. $49.99) at a 'sneaky' store near me that I firmly believe intentionally doesn't sticker stuff so 'someone' can come back and claim it!-- ya Ward Pkwy, I'm talking about YOU :))-- these were still marked $34.98, but rang up differently.

http://img1.targetimg1.com/wcsstore/TargetSAS//img/p/11/16/11160166.jpg

... almost forgot; also got 2 of these for $12.48 each (reg. $49.99) at a 'sneaky' store near me that I firmly believe intentionally doesn't sticker stuff so 'someone' can come back and claim it!-- ya Ward Pkwy, I'm talking about YOU :))-- these were still marked $34.98, but rang up differently.

Funny, I was buying a couple of mens polos today that weren't stickered correctly. I thought it was sneaky too! Most of our electronics was salvaged, including all the GPS units, no surprise. I did get my boys each a pair of the Panasonic headphones. They are fed up with the crummy little ones that keep breaking and we're hoping these work out better. Regular $40 got them for $10

http://img2.targetimg2.com/wcsstore/TargetSAS//img/p/13/59/13596830.jpg

Forgot to mention something that was newly interesting to me... and I am not that plugged in to Target anymore, so maybe it's not so new...

I had bought the polaroid video camera when it was clearanced to $50 about 3 days ago. This morning when I found it at $25, of course I rebought it and will return the higher priced one. Here is the interesting part: the one I bought at 75% off had a 'Return By' date printed directly underneath it's listed price on my receipt. I'm not talking about the receipts expired date listed at the top. This was directly under each of the items I purchased. The return by date is Nov. 18.

I know that there is a portable electronics policy (at least there used to be) for some things, but I thought it was interesting that the exact same item that I purchased at 50% off DID NOT have a 'Return By' date printed; but the one at 75% did.

I saw a lot of those wireless chargers for ipads and phones, carrying cases for cameras and phones. I bought 2 purses (one for $4 and another for $14). One is a casual bag, the other a nicer one; both will be used as diaper bags.

Forgot to mention something that was newly interesting to me... and I am not that plugged in to Target anymore, so maybe it's not so new...

I had bought the polaroid video camera when it was clearanced to $50 about 3 days ago. This morning when I found it at $25, of course I rebought it and will return the higher priced one. Here is the interesting part: the one I bought at 75% off had a 'Return By' date printed directly underneath it's listed price on my receipt. I'm not talking about the receipts expired date listed at the top. This was directly under each of the items I purchased. The return by date is Nov. 18.

I know that there is a portable electronics policy (at least there used to be) for some things, but I thought it was interesting that the exact same item that I purchased at 50% off DID NOT have a 'Return By' date printed; but the one at 75% did.

That IS interesting. I will have to watch my receipts. Perhaps it is new for clearance? They have also posted a big new sign in Guest Services regarding the return policy. I haven't had a chance to read it fully for differences, but I did note that it was up. They specifically reserve the right to limit quantity of returns if I read a small part correctly.

since we are talking about abnormalities .. one of the targets i usually shop the price scanners do not work anymore( all of them)... its been like this for more then couple of weeks ... since i like to scan scan ..i am not comfortable shopping there anymore...:(

KCTraderbear...don't get me started on the Ward Parkway store. "Forgetting" to sticker clearance items is the tip of the iceberg there. Yikes!

Interesting about the "return by" date...they may be doing that so that people return things before they get salvaged (though that is pretty far out for a salvage date).