Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2011

Brad

I went to the Target store in Plainville today. I was just going stir crazy at home! I was shocked to see 3 aisles of 75% off todays...bakugan, hamsters things, teck deck toys, puzzles, some legos,balls, tea sets, cashier set with fake food. There were also crafty kits and lots of thermos bottles.

I found one lone 6 speed sunbeam blender in blue..it rang up INF. The markdown lady said it was fron summer clearance and marked it 90% off $1.79 :woot2: I had no money but was able to scrape that much together at least lol

Congratulations! Excellent score!! :yelclap: You are so lucky to have gotten that mixer at 90% off! At my stores they are usually quite stingy about the INF things, sometimes they'll give me 50-75% off (even if I tell them they were 90% off), sometimes they won't sell them to me at all, and sometimes they insist that they have to sell it at the original price. (At which I say, "No thank you!!")

I got a small score yesterday - after whining & complaining about everyone else getting Harry Potter Lego sets 75% off, I found ONE at my store!! The Quidditch set for $4.98. I think it had to be a return (box is a little damaged), and when they scanned it at CS, must have discovered it should've been marked down, because the 75% off was the only clearance sticker on it. After finding that, I scoured the shelves for more, but no dice. There weren't any more quidditch sets, and all other HP still at full price. (And of course I scanned.)

Did also find a bunch of kids space themed socks in the dollar spot with pink spots - 50% off, would usu. wait til 75%, but my store actually had a sign up this time, and my twins really wanted them, so I snatched up two of each design I could find in their size. I think there are green & black with aliens, blue & orange with planets, and blue & orange with rocket ships. Very cute. also got two Dr. Seuss themed adult sizeocks for DD - she can wear them for Dr. Seuss's birthday, or whenever! There were more Dr. Seuss little items, erasers, pencils, some note pads, plastic cups & bowls, but I decided to wait those out.

found a great deal on the Mind flex toys wh were part of toy clearance .. 85% off $8.xx ... now need some feedback... are these any good ..plaese do share if u have this toy and have used it...( planning to give this to my Nephew ) TIA

also found girls Circo tunic tops 75% $1.74 and tank tops 75% $.98

Pink Dollar Spot 75% off. Found plastic lunch containers with heart, rainbow, pirates on them, reusable freezer packs for lunches, glow necklaces 2-pack, and plastic baggies with cupcakes on them. Dr. Seuss, Ben 10, My Little Pony, and Fred and Ted items were included.

Our Generation were 30% off at most stores. One store had them for 50% off. No dolls left. Only had clothes and a baking set.

Someone asked about air conditioners a while back and FYI they are in the ad this week as "Clearance" 15% off. I haven't been to the store yet, but it sounds like they may be starting to get marked down!

Thanks. Ours is making a weird noise so I think I need to replace it.

Just got back from a huge run of the stores in my area of So Cal, (7 stores total today). A lot of grocery items are marked down to great prices. All were in the 50-75% off range. Included: Coffee, coffee creamer, pasta sauce, soup, Uncle Ben's rice, etc. Trust me, it's worth going for. Pasta sauce was .72 for the Market Pantry version. Peete's Coffee was 50% off, etc. I'm a newbie so sorry there aren't more details, just need to get out and find it for yourself.

Also noticed Summer stuff was going on clearance in the patio/BBQ area. BBQ accessories and patio furniture were all 30% off.

Monday 8/15/11, I found about a dozen different shawn white t-shirts for little boys for $1.98 down from 7.99. They had sizes X-Small all the way to X-Large. I picked up every design in most sizes so my son is covered on T-Shirts for years to come. :)

Some Cherokee T-shirts were 1.25 down from 4.99. Yesterday, I also found some cars 2 T-Shirts for $1.98 down from 7.99.

Just got back from a huge run of the stores in my area of So Cal, (7 stores total today). A lot of grocery items are marked down to great prices. All were in the 50-75% off range. Included: Coffee, coffee creamer, pasta sauce, soup, Uncle Ben's rice, etc. Trust me, it's worth going for. Pasta sauce was .72 for the Market Pantry version. Peete's Coffee was 50% off, etc. I'm a newbie so sorry there aren't more details, just need to get out and find it for yourself.

Also noticed Summer stuff was going on clearance in the patio/BBQ area. BBQ accessories and patio furniture were all 30% off.

Which part of SoCal are you?

I've been searching for the Khaki Sands Jumperoo, which was 50% off. I go to my local Target all the time and a Jumperoo appeared there on Tuesday. I was so excited! Someone must have returned it. It was regularly $90 and marked down to $45. Plus I got my 5% redcard discount. It rang up as INF, but I checked out at the Pharmacy. They just asked me how much the tag said, so I said $45. Now, I'm wondering if it should have been cheaper...or if I should just be happy they sold it to me at all (since it was INF). I ended up getting it a little cheaper anyhow, because the bar that goes across the top was slightly bent. I called Fisher Price and they are sending me a $10 coupon good on any Fisher Price or Mattel item....so really I paid $32 for the Jumperoo...I'm happy with that!

They just asked me how much the tag said, so I said $45. Now, I'm wondering if it should have been cheaper...or if I should just be happy they sold it to me at all (since it was INF). I ended up getting it a little cheaper anyhow, because the bar that goes across the top was slightly bent.

Majority of the time when it's INF, it's 75% off unless it's seasonal. You're still lucky because you could have gotten a cashier/manager that said they can't sell it to you at all and then it would have been salvaged out. From now on, I always calculate what 75% off would be on any INF product (so I'm prepared when I checkout) if I knew what retail was to begin with.

Today A lot of grilling, outdoor chairs and cushions, gardening were 30% off. Some was 50% off. The rest of summer clearance was 75% off like the colorful patio drinking glasses, sippy cups, string of lights, plates, pitchers, etc...

Does anyone know when the Back to School college type of stuff goes on clearance? I need some storage totes and things like that.

Edited by shorty4014

###212-18-0494 Stagg Chili Classic w/ Beans - Was $1.69 Now $.84

###212-18-0758 Stagg Chili Silverado Beef - Was $1.69 Now $.84

###231-20-0092 Musselman's Apple Sauce - Was $2.84 Now $1.42

###212-30-0485 Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce - Was $2.09 Now $1.04 - w/ 55¢ off coupon Now 49¢

Heard from someone that the Our Generation stuff went to 75% off today. My store had no dolls or horses left, but I did find one outfit that rang up 75% off (about $3). My store had a ton of seasonal stuff (nerf, bubbles, water guns) last week and it was almost ALL gone today so I'm guessing it got marked down or salvaged.

Some food was 75% off (Cars Marshmallows $.54), but a lot of what was there a couple of days ago was totally gone...there was a LOT so I really don't think it all got purchased. Hmmm...I didn't have time to really search for it, though.

Some of the kids books were 75% off...some 50% off. Hooked on Phonics sets 50% off (around $19.99 still).

I have a question about clearance markdowns. If the markdown team doesn't physically scan and tag the item, will it automatically scan the clearanced price that it should be later on? If so, when?

I have a question about clearance markdowns. If the markdown team doesn't physically scan and tag the item, will it automatically scan the clearanced price that it should be later on? If so, when?

seasonal from what I see, doesnt require this. It flips automatically.

Other stuff needs to be scanned.

But if theres multiple of the item, then only ONE needs to be scanned.