Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2011

Brad

The harry potter sets I got were the burrow, the one with the spider and the one with dobby (large set, medium set, small set) HTH

BUT I was in a TX Target yesterday and none of them rang up on sale...so strange.

I got some duplo cars legos today for a bday gift for a 4yr old and the other brand "legos" in a bulldozer for $1.xx! Shrikadinks for $4.xx and the bubble blowing jet for 2.xx

The HP Lego sets were only on sale in some stores. Locally we only had the Quidditch set & Dobby's Escape on clearance. All the others remain regular price. If I find one store has them clearance and one store keeps them regular price, I have been known to use cash to buy a couple of the set I want at full price, and return them next day to the clearance store and then get them when they make it to the floor. It doesn't always work out, but often does...

I have to go back tomorrow (7/31) anyway - told my mother I would take her... so maybe they'll be at 75. If they are I'll buy a few for the nephews/nieces.

Not a clearance or sale LEGO set to be found. Maybe I'll get lucky tomorrow.

They did have a lot of TRON and Bakugan stuff. A few "old school" toys.

And dangit... I don't see where they gave me the 5% discount for using my Target

RedCard. WTH?! Guess I'll have to address that tomorrow also.

Question - if I see something tomorrow thats gone to a higher % off - can I get that price matched for something I bought today?? I mean, if I'm going back and have to deal with customer service anyway.. .I may as well squeeze them for those few extra dollars :yup:

They don't do clearance markdowns on weekends. Toys only get marked on Wed/Thurs (okay, sometimes they are off, but that is because they get ahead or behind on their schedule), so you won't see a further change from yesterday.

If you are asking about price adjusting clearance, then no. They do not price adjust for clearance at all. Only regular merchandise that goes on sale. You have to rebuy it at the lower price and return on the old receipt. And you need the old receipt unless you pay by a different credit card for the 2 items. If you buy both items on the same card and use credit card lookup, they'll find the lower price, not the higher.

My SIL went to the WC store and found nothing. She made up this story to one of the SA that they hide stuff in the back, and indeed, she came back with 2 of the plastic food by Circo. Everything else was cleared out. We did better at Carrollwood with baby toys for my niece, plus the Kung Fu Panda for $6 and the transformers track for $7. Didn't have time to drive to the one on Lutz on my way home.

I was checking out and the cashier was wishing she could go shopping. She admitted that they held stuff in back. I'm wondering how much. However, there was a good amount out at the time I was shopping.

I was able to get a Bobafett helmet on Friday at a Target in O.C. The price was $8 or $9... sounded like it was 75% off but there was no others and no sticker. WHen they scanned it, it showed only that price. Does anyone know what the regular price was?

amazon has it for 29.99 but both amazon and toysrus show regular price as 39.99 if it's this

So... turns out there was a "glitch" with their computer system yesterday and indeed I did not get my 5% RedCard discount.

They were very nice about it at least. They gave me the difference in cash... about ten bucks. I already paid the balance - so no interest fees! Cash in my pocket! lol

I wonder how many others got "glitched"....

I'm off on Monday.. may try hitting up a different target to see what they have. If I find really good deals I'll get some stuff for our school toy drive and Toys for Tots

I can definitely say that the Lego Clearance is a complete YMMV. In the 4 stores that I've been to in my area - the prices and clearance have been widely different. The crappest and smallest store had a bunch of big sets up to 50% off (including star wars, racers etc etc) that the other stores didn't have. But I saw a small Atlantis set that went 75% off in 2 of the stores (didn't even see it in the last one) - and it had a clearance sticker on it for 50% off, and they pulled it off and returned it to regular price!!! So I scanned it today and it was regular price for $12.18. The duplos were clearanced but different sets in different stores. I think each store had one set on clearance and none of them overlapped. I have decided to give up on Duplos and am focusing on Legos to stockpile as my oldest will be in the age range next year and the younger one will be old enough to know not to put them in his mouth. The small crappy store still had a lot of sets left at 50% off. I don't think they will go to 75% off. The racer one started at 15% for sure. I'm not sure about the others since there were only 2 stickers on them - 30 & 50. The baby clearance only went to 50% at this store, but 55% at the other 3 stores. So random.

I did find more Cherokee Jeans in the boys section (size 4 & 5) for $3.24. Also I got a baby swim shirt for $1.74 and there were a ton of uniform shirts, pants & jackets for 50% off (for those who need uniforms).

This sale is definately different this year and each store is different. I bought this dora beauty set for 3.22 at one Target and the next day went to my other Target and they were restting the store with new toys and they put a bunch of those out brand new at full price! Plus alot of the things that others are saying they have on sale my stores do not. I have been checking all weekend for returns. I found a few more toys that were already listed plus found this cute game called Monkey Dunk for 3.24. The kids will really like it I think. Otherwise both my stores toys are pretty cleared out. Only had a handful left.

Does anyone know when the college stuff starts to clearance out?

After 7 emails and 6 phone calls- I am still not having anyone at both 1-800# and even the 612#(which is the same as the 1-800#) fix the coupon printing problems. The amount will not print- the item will say"already printed" which - YES- I tried to print but would not etc..... They even emailed me back saying they were working on problem THEN when I emailed them again- they said to change my browser... I also had a friend try and print coupons and her computer said" already printed" ---she never has printed any coupons. I am at a losss at what to do next - some will print just fine and others wont. Any suggestions PLEASE!!! This should make you all laugh- On the 5th call to the 612#- Yvonne (customer relations) said (after 22 minutes) that she would transfer me to Target.com (in Manila)- I said I had already talked to them 3 times and since this was on a 612#- it would continue to be Long Distance( she said - no it was a 1-800#- ) I tried to explain to her but she didnt understand----so I asked that she just print me out 2 coupons and mail them OR send me a 6.00 gift card. She said she couldnt do that either. And THIS IS GUEST RELATIONS!!!!!

Anyway- suggestions welcome!!!!!!

Sandusky Ohio- had very few toys left in Clearance. Elyria-Ohio - had some toys left but only at 30-50% They had that poo/pee babydoll in Black at 75% off but not the white one- The girl in Toys told me to take both to the front and get the discounted price for both. I did- and the Customer service desk person - said no---Only the Black babydoll on clearance. I thought that was very inappropriate and said so!

Wilkes-Barre, PA store has some lego sets left. I saw a few Prince of Persia and Atlantis (I think that was what it was called) sets.

I was able to score Sorry Spin for about $5 and Hyper Dash Extreme for about $5, both are orig $20. I also got a Penguins of Madagascar ball for .87, Cars Silly Bandz for .87, and a Phineas and Ferb pocket skateboard for 1.xx. Oh I also got a Cars Mighty Beans tin for about $5. I was very happy with my haul. I have officially started my xmas shopping!

This sale is definately different this year and each store is different. I bought this dora beauty set for 3.22 at one Target and the next day went to my other Target and they were restting the store with new toys and they put a bunch of those out brand new at full price! Plus alot of the things that others are saying they have on sale my stores do not. I have been checking all weekend for returns. I found a few more toys that were already listed plus found this cute game called Monkey Dunk for 3.24. The kids will really like it I think. Otherwise both my stores toys are pretty cleared out. Only had a handful left.

Does anyone know when the college stuff starts to clearance out?

This has happened for years. There is a bit more of it this year than in some years past, but it isn't a truly new phenomenon. Last year I got a bunch of those R2D2 RC toys 75% off at some stores, but others had it full price. I also got some Harry Potter Legos last year for 75% off at one store, but others kept them full price.

Be on the lookout for items that are mispriced on the shelf tags, too. When they reset, they tend to have a few things that get brought back after having been clearanced in the past that are 75% off because they don't get updated.

Saw a bunch of baby items (strollers/travel systems/changing table) newly marked down to 50% today at the Target at Metcalf and Shawnee Mission Parkway in KC.

Other than that, pretty much nothing interesting except the 3 FULL aisles of women's shoes that are just 30% off. That will be nice when those get marked down!!

Anyone have a guess on how much target did or normally sells lego minifigures for?

I have never seen them at any of my targets around here. Came up INF and the cashier just put it through as $1. They are normally like 5(?) at other stores I think?

Was excited yesterday when I went to my friends store in Kissimee and Found a Moxie doll with a crimper and styler and glitter clearanced for 8.98. Originally 30.00 and A tron huge action figure for 11.98 originally 40.00. This store went 70% off but was still super excited with those two finds! Did not see much other clearance in the other sections ...

if it was the orange pack lego figures they were 2.99 regular price and the last time my store had them they were marked 1.49 (50%) off

Its green. I can't remember what series #, and its stashed in the closet now.

Thank you!

Anyone have a guess on how much target did or normally sells lego minifigures for?

I have never seen them at any of my targets around here. Came up INF and the cashier just put it through as $1. They are normally like 5(?) at other stores I think?

They are normally $2.99. They were clearance to 75% about a week or two before the big day. I got several for $.74 each.

Stopped by a Target off City Line in west Philly today (I'd never been there, as I'm not usually in that area) - they looked like either they were pulling the clearance toys for re-setting, or to box for salvage. The toys were all dumped into carts, but the carts were left in the isles, or near end caps (with scanners & such in them also, so I knew they weren't another customers' cart). No Sales associates were around them, so I fished off the top of the carts, and snagged a few items - didn't feel like digging (and didn't want to stir up any trouble). Besides, all the boys were with me. My receipt didn't print well, so I can't read the DCPI numbers.

###Mega Block Thomas set $12.48

###Moon Sand (2 color pack) $1.84

###Lego ALANTIS Ocean Speeder $1.43

###Lego CREATOR Super Speeder/Red Car/Truck set $5.74

###Playdough Burger Builder Set $3.74

Oh! I also found a cute hooded bath towel in the Baby section, that looked like a shark, had to have it. (Have a cousin & niece both pregnant right now.)

###Hooded Towel $2.48

All the Harry Potter & other Lego sets still at full price. *sigh*

I need to stop buying stuff anyway...

Stopped by my Target today to see if there were any returned toys (none) and happened to walk by the kitchen stuff which had been marked down to 75% and was scattered throughout the kitchen aisles. Pressure cooker was $10 down from $40, lots of Giada studd marked down, 4 packs of wine glasses for $3.50ish, 4 packs juice glasses for $2.50ish, silverware service for 4 were $10ish and other goodies. I bought the following which were all 75% off:

###070070427 Kitchen Essentials by Calphalon 5qt sauteuse (big saute pan) $17.48

###070021122 Pyrex portables (hot/cold carrying case with a 9x13 glass pan and 2 smaller square glass pans) $10.37

###070020610 Nordicware for Kids Baking Kit $4.98 (this is an adorable set which would make a great present- giraffe whisk, alligator rolling pin, teddy bear cookie cutter, apron and 2 small nonstick cookie sheets)

###070051684 Vibe stainless steel pizza wheel $2.24

###070051678 Vibe silicone spatula $1.98

during the toy clearance I had a great find in beauty section:

###037120351 Olay Professional ProX wrinkle smoothing cream 5.97 was 23.89

plus I had some coupons for $3 off each so came to 2.97 almost 90% off.

Super good deal-congrats!

Stopped by my Target today to see if there were any returned toys (none) and happened to walk by the kitchen stuff which had been marked down to 75% and was scattered throughout the kitchen aisles. Pressure cooker was $10 down from $40, lots of Giada studd marked down, 4 packs of wine glasses for $3.50ish, 4 packs juice glasses for $2.50ish, silverware service for 4 were $10ish and other goodies. I bought the following which were all 75% off:

###070070427 Kitchen Essentials by Calphalon 5qt sauteuse (big saute pan) $17.48

###070021122 Pyrex portables (hot/cold carrying case with a 9x13 glass pan and 2 smaller square glass pans) $10.37

###070020610 Nordicware for Kids Baking Kit $4.98 (this is an adorable set which would make a great present- giraffe whisk, alligator rolling pin, teddy bear cookie cutter, apron and 2 small nonstick cookie sheets)

###070051684 Vibe stainless steel pizza wheel $2.24

###070051678 Vibe silicone spatula $1.98

Thanks for the head's up!

I was hoping to stay outta Target for a while,but will definitely have to check out the kitchen clearance at a couple of stores.

That stuff makes awesome Bridal Shower or wedding presents!

Went today and there was ZERO Kitchen clearance. And I do mean ZERO...not an endcap with anything, not a single clearance tag in the section. Weird because there is usually SOMETHING on clearance in that part of the store but there wasn't a single thing.

I didn't need to spend the money anyway, but I thought it was weird.

And you know what else I think is weird? Remember the baseball canvas prints and how the little ones went on clearance? The big prints are STILL full price. They are hanging right there with all of the other art and sticking out like a sore thumb. I wonder why they separated those from the rest.

Went today and there was ZERO Kitchen clearance. And I do mean ZERO...not an endcap with anything, not a single clearance tag in the section. Weird because there is usually SOMETHING on clearance in that part of the store but there wasn't a single thing.

I didn't need to spend the money anyway, but I thought it was weird.

And you know what else I think is weird? Remember the baseball canvas prints and how the little ones went on clearance? The big prints are STILL full price. They are hanging right there with all of the other art and sticking out like a sore thumb. I wonder why they separated those from the rest.

REALLY? Mine doesn't have the big print anymore, so I figured it finally went 75%

i am soo J of all of u guys getting all those legos deal last week... DS looooves legos but ours never went beyond 30% (all of them suddenly vanished ).. i guess everyone likes legos..:)

got a question here about things wh were clearanced in one store and are at full price in another... do they get on clearance after sometime??

I stopped by Target yesterday afternoon. None of the kitchen stuff was on clearance at my store. There was a lot of stuff marked down in the grocery though. To much stuff to name but it ranged from olive oil to salsa. Markdowns were 15-30% and were on every aisle.