Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2011

Brad

Hoping toys go 75 tom.! .

I am too since I will be out of town next week. If no stores go 75% on toys today isn't that a pretty good indicator that it won't be tomorrow since there always seems to be a few that go on Wednesdays?

Things at my store seem to get salvaged a lot more rapidly than they used to and what clearance sticks around seems to be reducing much slower than others are reporting on here. :(

Found lots of Quaker chewy granola bars with 25% less sugar marked down 30%. I know that isn't great but we needed them and there is a $1/2 coupon on target.com.

Also saw Cars cereal down 25%, I didn't have any Kellogs coupons, but with a coupon that would be a good deal.

Found Tide powder boxes 50%-- hardly ever see tide go down that low... guess it is b/c it is the powder.

I am too since I will be out of town next week. If no stores go 75% on toys today isn't that a pretty good indicator that it won't be tomorrow since there always seems to be a few that go on Wednesdays?

Yup. :yup:

Does anyone think toys are gonna go 75% tomorrow?

Nope. :no: There might be a handful of things that go down, but the BIG markdown will probably be next week. It has been consistently for the last years and they marked a bunch of stuff last week (they almost never mark 2 weeks in a row). Neither is great for me, as I am leaving town shortly and next week have a Dr. appt on Thursday, but that is what I think will happen.

Went to 5 Targets today. Three of them were 90% off and 2 were 80% off.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w176/trishaark/TargetSummer2011001.jpg

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w176/trishaark/TargetSummer2011006_picnik.jpg

WOW! You did awesome! Can't find any of that stuff!

Hmmm. My store usually does toys on Thursdays. I had to go in today to get an Rx filled and they had marked toys to 50%, some new things 30% and a few things (small things) 75%. So I'm thinking MAYBE next week for my store, maybe the following. It was just odd that they marked down on a Wed. I'm in VA.

Went to 5 Targets today. Three of them were 90% off and 2 were 80% off.

Great haul!

Just a note on the water guns - you might want to check them out right away. I bought some of this brand water guns on clearance last year and they didn't really work at all. They were the smaller ones, like in your "Big Blast Battle Pack". Of the 8 I got only 2 actually squirted water. I didn't take them out until this summer so I wasn't able to return them, and I had a yard full of dissapointed kids. Hopefully yours are better than mine were.

I am too since I will be out of town next week. If no stores go 75% on toys today isn't that a pretty good indicator that it won't be tomorrow since there always seems to be a few that go on Wednesdays?(

I kind of thought this too. I figured if it was tomorrow,we would have heard from the Wednesday stores today.

I was having an internal debate with myself. It's soo hot here that A/C is a must for the little kids and myself. Heat traps really easily in our apt since we're pretty high up. Anyhow - I was debating how far to drive to get to Target - our closet is super close but doesn't have free parking so I'd have to walk with a duo stroller - way too hot to do that. I went 20 miles (35-40 minute drive including traffic one way) to a Target and got some clearance stuff but also wasted some gas. At least I got the kids out of the apt & we were in A/C. Not sure which is cheaper: 1) Using gas both ways or 2) Running our A/C for 4-5 hours during the day. :)

This is what I got from the 90% off summer clearance:

2 cushions $1.49 each

1 small beverage tub $1.49 (mostly for photos of the kids than putting in beverages)

1 big beverage tub $1.99

3 Sand & yard racks $0.19

10 Boxes of Summer Fruit Snacks (across 3 stores) $0.25 each and $0.63 each

2 boxes of Sidewalk Chalk $0.19

5 Glad Press & Seal $0.29

2 Cups packages $0.29

2 Napkins $0.19

3 8 count cups $0.20

1 Dump Truck $1.29

1 bucket $0.19

4 place mats $0.19

1 design your own flip flops $0.49 (DD loves shoes & stickers)

1 Mixing Bowl $1.99 (this is supposed to have 3 bowls - but only had 1 big one left... I still got it cause I need a big one (wonder if I could have asked for more of a discount LOL))

2 Sports Ball Sets $0.79

I only got stuff that we could use, but I also didn't find any of the water toys. Couldn't find any beach towels, lemonade, the coolers, regular napkins or the cutlery (which I also really wanted). Oh well.

Great haul!

Just a note on the water guns - you might want to check them out right away. I bought some of this brand water guns on clearance last year and they didn't really work at all. They were the smaller ones, like in your "Big Blast Battle Pack". Of the 8 I got only 2 actually squirted water. I didn't take them out until this summer so I wasn't able to return them, and I had a yard full of dissapointed kids. Hopefully yours are better than mine were.

Thanks! I'll check them out.

Thanks for posting pics! Guess I *have* to make a trip out tomorrow. We need paper plates, silverware, and cups for vacation this weekend anyways.

To those who have gotten those things.. How could you tell they were "summer"? It would be nice to find some mixed in. :)

I was having an internal debate with myself. It's soo hot here that A/C is a must for the little kids and myself. Heat traps really easily in our apt since we're pretty high up. Anyhow - I was debating how far to drive to get to Target - our closet is super close but doesn't have free parking so I'd have to walk with a duo stroller - way too hot to do that. I went 20 miles (35-40 minute drive including traffic one way) to a Target and got some clearance stuff but also wasted some gas. At least I got the kids out of the apt & we were in A/C. Not sure which is cheaper: 1) Using gas both ways or 2) Running our A/C for 4-5 hours during the day. :)

This is what I got from the 90% off summer clearance:

2 cushions $1.49 each

1 small beverage tub $1.49 (mostly for photos of the kids than putting in beverages)

1 big beverage tub $1.99

3 Sand & yard racks $0.19

10 Boxes of Summer Fruit Snacks (across 3 stores) $0.25 each and $0.63 each

2 boxes of Sidewalk Chalk $0.19

5 Glad Press & Seal $0.29

2 Cups packages $0.29

2 Napkins $0.19

3 8 count cups $0.20

1 Dump Truck $1.29

1 bucket $0.19

4 place mats $0.19

1 design your own flip flops $0.49 (DD loves shoes & stickers)

1 Mixing Bowl $1.99 (this is supposed to have 3 bowls - but only had 1 big one left... I still got it cause I need a big one (wonder if I could have asked for more of a discount LOL))

2 Sports Ball Sets $0.79

I only got stuff that we could use, but I also didn't find any of the water toys. Couldn't find any beach towels, lemonade, the coolers, regular napkins or the cutlery (which I also really wanted). Oh well.

What type of packaging did the glad press and seal and the napkins have? I looked through those at my store lookin for something diff but would help if I know what to grab! (if the stuff hasnt' gone salvage today-no luck on getting them to let me buy it at the 90% off when it's salvaged)

What type of packaging did the glad press and seal and the napkins have? I looked through those at my store lookin for something diff but would help if I know what to grab! (if the stuff hasnt' gone salvage today-no luck on getting them to let me buy it at the 90% off when it's salvaged)

Mine has sailboats on it!

Any1 know if toys went today?

My 2 local PP buddies haven't seen anything yet. So I'm going to say no.

Looks like we will be shopping on vacation. SO said we will go to Target this weekend when we get there to see if its a good one and work out a game plan for shopping Thursday morning. Be still my beating heart <3 haha.

I just returned home from Target. I did not see one single thing on clearance! I have never seen that before....pitiful:(

All the summer went to salvage it seems or got sold. Its not like the good ol' Target anymore:rolleyes:

SLC, Utah - I was sorely disappointed with my Target today... I was the first person through the doors, ready to snag some deals, but it was a BUST!! Toys were spread all over and anywhere from 15% to a few at 50%.

Some of the summer stuff that I've seen you guys get is still FULL PRICE at my Target!

I walked away with some "Cars" gift bags for $0.68 and 3 packs of gum for $0.66 each. Bummer!

Nothing was marked down today except a few board games from 30 down to 50% off. Nothing in my store is 75 yet..not even the zhu zhu pets...Found a few hulla hoops but they were salvage and the woman told me she would only sell it to me for FULL price not even at any clearance at all...needless to say I didnt buy them....So I will be at Target bright and early on next Thursday!!