Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2011

Brad

Summer aisles here JUST got marked down to 30% off. It almost always seems that those aisles get marked down to 75% off the same week as the toys.

I, too, have noticed more and more toys marked down from the "original" markdown a couple of weeks ago.

Summer aisles here JUST got marked down to 30% off. It almost always seems that those aisles get marked down to 75% off the same week as the toys.

I, too, have noticed more and more toys marked down from the "original" markdown a couple of weeks ago.

I noticed the same markdown on summer stuff on Monday too...is Monday the markdown day for that or is it typically a weekend markdown?

Hi Everyone...Does anyone know how often and what days the baby furniture gets marked down? Seems to be 30% off now..Was wondering when it might go to 50. I did not see the markdown schedule in the initial post.

It is part of Baby generally, note a separate section, so generally Mondays and the schedule is generally true for the whole store - roughly every 2 weeks.

I really think it will be the 28th...but i'll check on the 21st to be sure. For the last two years it has been the last week of July.

As for the 25% off vs 30% off thing...my stores have stayed with the standard 30/50/75% format, but on a few things I have seen 25/40/60%. Not good! But hopefully those toys will still end up at 75% off!

Me too, or at least I am hoping. I have been at Comic Con the 3rd week each of the last several years, and despite annual panic, I have not actually missed the markdown day.

They are experimenting with a variety of changes for markdowns, and they tend to do that in a few markets, so you may be one of those. It does not bode well for those of us who are regular clearance shoppers, but I think that is the point. They don't make much money on those who only shop clearance. If they can make it less predictable, they will get people to buy at lesser markdowns. And, it increases customer loyalty if a regular shopper gets an awesome deal from time to time as it keeps them coming back to look for more, and they'll generally buy a lot of regular priced merchandise along the way.

Hi Everyone...Does anyone know how often and what days the baby furniture gets marked down? Seems to be 30% off now..Was wondering when it might go to 50. I did not see the markdown schedule in the initial post.

I am waiting as well. Sara let me know that her best guess is the 25th. I am going to go sneak a peek on Monday to see what's left of the 30% and to make sure it didn't go 50%.

Speaking of Legos, my DD2 is really getting in her duplos so I'd like to get her more bricks and bottoms to build with (DS is still too small to do anything with them). I did get a tub of regular legos for when they get older but I'm hoping to get some duplo legos for cheap. We got the big tub of Duplos on amazon in Dec for a good deal. Is legos.com actually a good deal? Legos are so expensive in general. I haven't seen any legos clearanced yet in my store. I will have to check the other stores. Last fall we had the Atlantis ones on clearance (only up to 50% off before salvage - most stayed at 30%). I also managed to get a small tub of general bricks at 50% off. I'm looking for Vtech toys that "help" toddlers learn but I don't think they are going on clearance. Toy clearance is so different for 2 of my stores. One went super early and the other went super late (to 75% off).

Summer stuff is 30% off here but I hear that in some places it's 50% off already. Baby stuff is 30% here still as well.

Thanks LovetoshopCA...I went ahead and purchased this yesterday for $172. They were selling fast and I got the last one. It was 30% off.

It's beautiful, make sure to order the converter set (if needed/wanted) now before it's discontinued etc.

So, I see that everyone is saying that the 28th will be the toy markdown to 75% (most likely). Does that mean toys usually get marked on Thursdays? The outline at the beginning of the thread says Wednesday, but I went perimeter perusing today and no markdown team was in sight. :(

MOST stores seem to do it on Thursdays. I have a store here in KC that does it on Wednesdays SOMETIMES. It's hard to say. I always check that store on Wednesdays and if nothing is going on I go back on Thursdays. But I would say that 75% or more of stores mark toys on Thursdays.

but I'm hoping to get some duplo legos for cheap.

Not sure if this helps but I saw either duplos or mega blocs on clearance (sorry, my mind just classified them as little kid legos and didn't distinguish between duplos and mega blocs.) I think there were a couple at 50% that were "themed" like Toy Story or Cars maybe. They were down the regular aisle, not on the endcaps.

I went to my target yesterday and scored some Gilligan and O'marlley bras 75% off for $4.24 each. I was hoping to get some shoes on clearance for my kids, but the pickings were non existent. I know they usually have a good sale at my old store (we just moved out of stat) towards the beginning of Aug. I will hopefully try another one today since someone mentioned they found sandals 75% off.

We're on the road this week, so I hit a Target in Indianapolis. They were marking lots of stuff to 50%, but nothing to 75%. A manager was telling some employees to condense the clearance toys to one aisle, so I am guessing next week is the week.

We're on the road this week, so I hit a Target in Indianapolis. They were marking lots of stuff to 50%, but nothing to 75%. A manager was telling some employees to condense the clearance toys to one aisle, so I am guessing next week is the week.

If they were marking a bunch of stuff to 50%, that would tend to lend credence to the idea that it will not be next week, but the 28th as previously discussed. They almost never mark anything down two weeks in a row. The consolidation is done so that they can maximize the premium selling area and start getting it reset with fall merchandise. The district manager was here chastising a local store for moving regular priced Legos off their primary selling space (Legos have a higher profit margin), and made them move the clearance toys down to the summer & toy electronics aisle to get them out of the primary space.

Lots of toys were 50% today. I got a foam ring toss set for 2.48 it was 75% off. Also the summer stuff is 50% got glade storage bowls set of 3 for 1.49. Also paper plates plastic cups for 1.49. And a jug to make ice tea for 2.49.

Thanks for letting me know...I will do that now.

HTH. My bff waited til she needed it and couldn't order the converter set for daughter's crib but it worked out since she gave crib to a friend and bought a new one w/set when gs was born.

So are we thinking things went 50 today? And will Legos hit 50 today or the 28th? That's really the only thing I am eyeing this year. Since there is not much in the infant/toddler toy group.

That would be my guess. Though some stores will mark Legos to 75%. It will be hit or miss. I hit 3 stores this morning, and lots went 75% and some new 30%. Summer 50% here too. Finally broke down and got DS the badminton he's been wanting for a while. Hoping they don't use the hammers on each other...

does anyone know when the uniforms go on sale and if so, where I could get a coupon to use in addition. TIA

School uniforms? In past years, they didn't mark them till September with the school supplies. SO glad not to have to do uniforms anymore....we changed schools and they can wear what they want.

Update on the Toys:

Almost everything was at 50% off (with a few exceptions...notably most of the "summer" toy section was still 30% off). BUT...I saw a few things at 75% off already! These were some of the ones that have been on the endcaps the longest. I only had 30 minutes in the store while my son was in a class so I didn't have time to scour everything, but here is what I saw at 75%:

###Boba Fett helmet $8.74

###Star Wars Mighty Beanz lightsaber $2.74ish

###Circo vaccum cleaner $5.74

###K'Nex brand "Lego" set...Nascar theme $5.74ish

None of the Legos at this store got marked down to 50% off...all still 30% off. But everything else for the most part was down to 50%. I have found maybe 5-6 things that I REALLY want and the rest I am going to try to leave on the shelves this year. Let's see if my willpower holds out. :)

Oh, and the summer seasonal was marked down to 50% off. I begrudgingly picked up a few things that I really wanted b/c I am going to be out of town next week and will likely miss it hitting 75% off.

I went to my target yesterday and scored some Gilligan and O'marlley bras 75% off for $4.24 each.

I wonder if that was left over still from a month ago or if it's a "new batch". I checked last time and didn't find anything in my size cause I think it's too common. Thanks for the heads up though, I'll have to check that out this week.

Saw the Dance Star Micky for 75% off around $20. They had about 8 of them left. I thought someone was looking for that on here awhile ago. There were Handy Manny toys for 75% off also. Many different sets of Lego Harry Potter were 50% off. All Toy Story 3 Lego Sets were 50% off. A few Star Wars Lego sets were on clearance anywhere from 15% to 50% off.

Saw the Dance Star Micky for 75% off around $20. They had about 8 of them left. I thought someone was looking for that on here awhile ago. There were Handy Manny toys for 75% off also. Many different sets of Lego Harry Potter were 50% off. All Toy Story 3 Lego Sets were 50% off. A few Star Wars Lego sets were on clearance anywhere from 15% to 50% off.

That was me. I got it last week at 50% bc my target only had one left. But thanks ; )