Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2011

Brad

Score!! tons of wine and liquor marked 50% off, good enough for me! Whites and reds ranging from $4.29-and up. stocked up for the summer and parties. my store didn't have any tequila left but saw, beer, gin, vodka, wine, ect all marked 50% off.

Ours went 50% last week, so I bought some wines to try out. Will buy more next week when they drop again. Depends on what is left. The beer on sale is highly variable. One store has one brand, and other store has another. hard to figure out what on sale where on that count. Stores here are still just experimenting with actual liquor sales. Only a handful have it.

No blue dollar spot anywhere. Found the wines marked down 50% and quite a few boxes of GM Spongebob Fruits snacks (I think 8 or 10 pouches per box) marked down to 1.24 (50% off) and some Quaker granola snack pouches marked down to 1.24 also. Thanks for posting as I needed to stock up on snacks for summer trips, sports, etc.

Also found the Crystal Light pouches, Country Time lemonade and lots of kool aid pouches marked down 50%. Not a bad haul for today.

Saw lots of grocery items on clearance, including 8 count Pop Tarts for $1.81, bags of Lays Potato Chips for $2.83, some Lindt chocolates.

Scored a 7 pc Anchor Hocking 7pc glass bake set marked 75% off ($7.48 - DPC #070 02 0427). This came with a 3qt 9x13 dish with plastic lid, a2qt 8x8 dish with plastic lid and a 2 qt round dish with a glass and plastic lid.

seen the acer today, still 30% here. they had 2 left. hoping they mark them down on monday.

Found the netbook today, 50% off at $124.xx. Bought one, there were 8 left when I left. Then I went back an hour later to pick one up for my mom and all but one were gone! I asked the associate where they all went and he said that when he realized they were so cheap, he told other employees and they bought them up!:no:

Found zip.... zadda... nothing at Target today. Unfortunately, it's usually that way for me! (No wonder I don't go much!)

You must be in Clarksville. That Target really does suck. I don't know why they don't build another, bigger one. My mom can't ever find anything. With 3, or is it 4, Super Walmarts, I can't believe they don't bother taking them on. The Walmarts are nasty too, but they are more plentiful.

Bought two Netbooks today at 124.xx .... they had around 8 or 9 yesterday and I got the last two this morning.... must be the gottadeal effect!!

People must have been waiting on them..... good luck finding one at 75% dont think they will go that low.

Edited by tnengineer

You must be in Clarksville. That Target really does suck. I don't know why they don't build another, bigger one. My mom can't ever find anything. With 3, or is it 4, Super Walmarts, I can't believe they don't bother taking them on. The Walmarts are nasty too, but they are more plentiful.

No, actually I'm in Jackson, TN which is in west TN. We have 2 superwalmarts, 4 Walgreens and countless other stores, but only one target and it's 30 minutes away from me on the other side of Jackson. Target and I just don't see much of each other, unless I'm already going to another store that's in the same shopping center. It's just not worth a trip to go to that store alone. LOL!

Warning about the Lego advertised sale...in my local ad it said " buy 2 get 1 free, on any Lego Harry Potter, Ninjao, and Prince of Persia sets, " of equal or lesser value, yada yada. So I bought three Harry Potter Lego sets, but they didn't ring as advertised. They rang, buy 1 get 1 half off. The customer service cashier gave the difference back without hesitation, and told me that it was a misprint, but they do have to honor the ad. So just make sure you check your receipt!

I have a question. I know the toy clearance usually happens at the end of july, but when do things start getting marked down to 30%? I thought it was marked for at least few weeks so Im expecting to see them soon so I can get an idea what is going on clearance. So far the only toy clearanced are those zhu zhus and pixos.

My FAVORITE chocolate bar- Green & Blacks organic milk chocolate and peanut- was 50% off. Too bad they only had 1 left b/c I would have bought every one of them. The regular price of these @ Target is about $1 cheaper than I can find them anywhere else. Archer Farms organic popcorn was $1.18 a bag- 50% off. Honest Kids organic juice pouches were 2.99.

Warning about the Lego advertised sale...in my local ad it said " buy 2 get 1 free, on any Lego Harry Potter, Ninjao, and Prince of Persia sets, " of equal or lesser value, yada yada. So I bought three Harry Potter Lego sets, but they didn't ring as advertised. They rang, buy 1 get 1 half off. The customer service cashier gave the difference back without hesitation, and told me that it was a misprint, but they do have to honor the ad. So just make sure you check your receipt!

Huh. Our ads say buy 1 get one half.

I have a question. I know the toy clearance usually happens at the end of july, but when do things start getting marked down to 30%? I thought it was marked for at least few weeks so Im expecting to see them soon so I can get an idea what is going on clearance. So far the only toy clearanced are those zhu zhus and pixos.

Seems to have started today

Saw one of my stores that seemed to be starting the toy clearance today...they had filled a few endcaps with new 30% off clearance. No movement on the Kung Zhu stuff there, though. They definitely will all be marking down toys in the next week or so in order for the big 75% off markdown to happen the last week of July.

The MLB prints were down 30-50% off at one of my stores and not marked at all at the other one.

I saw TONS of clearance in almost all departments...most of it is just 30% off right now, but housewares, decor, clothing, shoes, and toys all have a ton.

Majority of garden was 30% with a few random things at 50%....they have tons left so I am hoping to score a few larger things for at least 50%. My store had 3 netbooks but we don't need them. We got several DS, PS3, Wii games for 4.98. I got koolaid for 0.11 (50%) Patiently awaiting pool clearance again this summer! Same toys still lingering at 50% and clothing clearance seems to be stalled at 30-50% too! Things still leftover from CHRISTMAS (jammies/long sleeves/ect) My store still has LOTS of girls jeans @ 75% but mostly sizes 10 and up left or size 4.

Saw one of my stores that seemed to be starting the toy clearance today...they had filled a few endcaps with new 30% off clearance. No movement on the Kung Zhu stuff there, though. They definitely will all be marking down toys in the next week or so in order for the big 75% off markdown to happen the last week of July.

The MLB prints were down 30-50% off at one of my stores and not marked at all at the other one.

I saw TONS of clearance in almost all departments...most of it is just 30% off right now, but housewares, decor, clothing, shoes, and toys all have a ton.

THANK YOU, I will head over tomorrow while DH can watch my son..did this include the HUGE one or just the smaller ones? My DS is going to LOVE YOU!

I'm not sure about the HUGE ones. There was only one big one at this store and it wasn't marked down. But it was hanging in a different area, so it's possible that they just forgot to mark it and the ones at other stores might be.

I'm hoping to get two of the big stadium ones (one of each of the two teams in our state...my son likes both) but I think it's going to be hard to find them when they get marked down! I got one of the smaller ones for $9.98 today, though, so I'm happy!