Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2011

Brad

Drove the long 2 hours to Shreveport, Louisiana yesterday and toys were 75% off! There was only one person shopping when I got there at 9:30...and she had two carts and quickly left. People were really only buying a few things even at 75% but the shelves were still getting picked over. The Bossier City store had not marked their toys yet (as of noon yesterday) so they will probably go today. They really did not have that many toys left anyway.

I was mainly shopping for my mom to help her with the grandkids' Christmas...but managed to buy many, many things myself. My most exciting finds were the Star Wars Force Trainer for $24.98 and a black jewlery armoire (for my daughter) for $24.98. I also bought a little white jewlery armoire for my niece for $14.98.

I thought about driving to Monroe today but feel a little tired from the 4 hour drive yesterday (and the stashing away of toys) so decided to skip it. I really bought more than I needed since my kids are getting older and more picky.

Jewelry armoires finally marked down 75% today! I was so excited. Only thing was they didn't have the one I really wanted to settled for a different one. I was just happy to get on and 75% off! WOOHOOO!

The one I got was:

###249080064 Armoire

I saw the little white ones and hesitated to get one for my girls. (I'll probably wish I had) They do have a few pieces they could put in it and for that price would be great for hair accessories and stuff.

Does anyone know how much the circo train table is now? I didn't have a chance to go today and tom. Ill be at. The liberty science center for a field trip with my dds class. I hope to get one!

I picked it up for $19.xx yesterday. My store had a 7 or 8 of them

Not too much today here. I am in CT, and went to the New Britain store today. I did buy some Tide sink packets. You get 3 in a pack and it was on clearance for $.84, but inside, there was a coupon for $1 off ANY tide detergent. I made $.16 on each of those. They were in the trial size area. Hope that helps. :)

The target in Meriden ct had tons of toys left. North haven is still at 50% off.

I got the Tangled castle table & chairs set for 12.48!!! Thanks to this thread. I had been wanting that. I also picked up a little thomas the train playset for 9.99. There were a ton of women shopping in the clearance section and scanning things and packing their carts full. I only got those two things. Didn't really need anything else. The Tangled set was marked at 30.xx, only 50%, but scanned at 75%. Also had a disney princess kitchen for 14.xx, 75% off.

I really don't know that the Legos will hit 75%. I read a post on some website several years ago that if an item at Target starts at 15% off, it's discount will go 15%-30%-50%. It will never even hit 75%- those that go all the way to 75% are on the 30%-50%-75% schedule. I'm pretty sure most of the Legos I saw did start at 15% but I could be mistaken.

I don't shop Ebay..problem solved ;)

I am another one stalking Legos so if anyone sees them marked down HOLLAR. I am not a big enough Lego fan to EVER buy them fullprice regardless of the set but I'd bring them ALL home for 75%! I told the manager that but she didn't budge LOL (I *think* ours started at 30% BTW) and my stores seemed to have TONS LEFT @ 50% (not a big Lego town I guess, also TONS of Bakugan don't think those hit like they did in other towns here either...)

I picked up a Buzz Lightyear Ultimate with remote. Is he supposed to talk? I push the buttons while he is in the box but only his mouth moves; no sound. I was reading the reviews and it is supposed to be pretty good, but I'm wondering if this one is broken. I understand it takes 13 batteries. I'm thinking it might be out of batteries. Any input would be appreciated. My ds is 5. Would this be a good bd gift for him?

I also picked up the dinosaur train critters that talk to each other. I realized when I got home this is more for a 3 year old. Does anyone have these? They have great reviews.

Given the other response, and the fact that you won't likely find another one at Target, you should definitely try it out. If it is defective, you might want to see if Walmart or Kohls or some store with a liberal return policy carries them in your area and try to exchange there. They can return it to the manufacturer if it is defective. The other choice is to try to get the manufacturer to replace it. You have 90 days to return it to Target, regardless, so you have the time to try to do this.

Any idea if or when they will mark down the legos?

Given that most stores seem to have marked them to 50% yesterday, IF they are going to mark them again, I think it will be another 2 weeks. I think, though, that they probably won't mark them down more.

Edited by freesia39
edits

###087050692 Jeep R/C (huge yellow and black remote control jeep truck) was 33.99 now 8.48

###204030816 imaginext The Joker's Fun House was 29.99 now 7.48

###087101681 Rubik's folding puzzle was 9.99 now 2.48

Also found a couple more of the Monster High Fortune Skulls and some Christmas Imaginext stragglers (Two Face and Mr. Freeze) and the Holiday Polly Pockets . . . clerk didn't bat an eye and rang them for .50 each. Can't remember how much they were originally (thinking 4.99) but I was happy with .50 for each one.

I know someone mentioned flannel PJs in mens, but they also marked the Christmas sets with a Tshirt & flannels 75% off. I got smurfs & the grinch for myself. I like those big floppy flannels better than some of the women's pjs. They also marked several of the mens tshirts for sports teams and the old style advertising (miller beer, cereals, mountain dew) 75% and some plain sweaters.

If anyone sees the megaball and the camping stuff go 75% today or next week, please post. I have been stalking a couple of items, but most of the stores around here are already sold out. I don't want to miss going back in case they do it today.

For those looking for kid's bikes, the boxed ones all seem to be marked down. Not the ones already put together, but the ones you have to assemble. There is also the cutest Mini Cooper car that is on sale at some stores. it is yellow.

### 086 02 0585 My little pony mermaid Castle $6.25

### 082 07 0451 Radio Flyer EZ-Rider scooter $13.24

### 086 06 0388 Barbie A Fashion Fairy Tale $5.02

### 087 02 1403 moon in my room $4.98

### 204 03 0086 Buzz light year laptoop $8.74

### 087 10 0676 Buzz light year space shooter game $3.77 **This had a $5 coupon on it making it a $$$ maker!

Disney Cars piston cup garage $7.48 don't have DCPI for this.

### 087 07 1934 Cars monster truck wrastlin' playset $7.48

### 087 07 1857 20 pack hot wheels $4.98

### 087 02 0494 toy story mania video game $12.48

several moxie girls

lots of LPS stufff

Barbie Teacher set $5.xx

Aquadoodle deluxe mat

Fisher Price kid friendly video cameras blue and pink

### 086 02 0585 My little pony mermaid Castle $6.25

### 082 07 0451 Radio Flyer EZ-Rider scooter $13.24

### 086 06 0388 Barbie A Fashion Fairy Tale $5.02

### 087 02 1403 moon in my room $4.98

### 204 03 0086 Buzz light year laptoop $8.74

### 087 10 0676 Buzz light year space shooter game $3.77 **This had a $5 coupon on it making it a $$$ maker!

Disney Cars piston cup garage $7.48 don't have DCPI for this.

### 087 07 1934 Cars monster truck wrastlin' playset $7.48

### 087 07 1857 20 pack hot wheels $4.98

### 087 02 0494 toy story mania video game $12.48

several moxie girls

lots of LPS stufff

Barbie Teacher set $5.xx

Aquadoodle deluxe mat

Fisher Price kid friendly video cameras blue and pink

Is this new stuff you found today? or did your store just got 75% today?

I had my 5 year old with me who really wanted those and was tearing up over it. I tried to sweet talk the guy out of one, but he just walked the other way. Not cool at all!

I felt so bad for your little boy that I scored a second Star Wars set today just in case you wanted it! My son already opened his up and they are divided into 3 smaller boxes of 3 figures, it would cost a bit to ship and would have to be done in the 3 boxes instead of the long one but if you want it I can find out how much it would be. If not no big deal just grabbed it in case for you.

I felt so bad for your little boy that I scored a second Star Wars set today just in case you wanted it! My son already opened his up and they are divided into 3 smaller boxes of 3 figures, it would cost a bit to ship and would have to be done in the 3 boxes instead of the long one but if you want it I can find out how much it would be. If not no big deal just grabbed it in case for you.

That is SO NICE of you! Just a thought if her son is going to "play" with them maybe open them and just ship the guys to make it even cheaper? (assuming its not being kept as a collectible of course!)

PP do you mind sharing what console the toy story mania was one (we bought it for ps3 and DS for full price of course, but would buy it on Wii since all my kids LOVE it)

I think most of the things I got have been listed so here is just a picture of my haul. I spent around $300 and saved $900.

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z370/sabbie4/493.jpg

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z370/sabbie4/498.jpg

Edited by sabbie

I think most of the things I got have been listed so here is just a picture of my haul. I spent around $300 and saved $900.

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z370/sabbie4/493.jpg

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z370/sabbie4/498.jpg

Merry Christmas! or Happy Birthday! :D

Yikes, the pictures are really big!! Sorry about that, I have tried to resize them but it doesn't work. Well you can see in life size what I got I guess.

Cool pics. Thanks for posting. It makes me excited just to see what other people found! (Time for shopacholics anonymous for me?) I did get a few of the things you got, the FP Little Mommy (got 2), Fairy Pollys, Target baby dolls and that gear thing.

Went to two stores today, one had extra 30% off clearance clothing and several racks of 75% off. Both stores had a rack of Champion women's workout attire and heavy winter coats 75% off, near the PJ's.

No sign of the clearance pots and pans or Corningware, it all mysteriously dissappeared. Looked for 75% off Yankee Candle and Sporting Goods and no luck, either, still 30-50%.

That Little Mommy doll set that is pictured above went 75% at one of my stores last week and luckily I decided to let DD have it then instead of sticking it in the closet for a holiday present because it did not work. Luckily I was able to find another one for her, but when I returned the broken one the woman at CS said that another woman had returned one the day before because it didn't work either. I just thought I would warn everyone that they should check these before you store them away. The doll should say Hello Mommy as soon as you put the batteries in it, but the first doll we had would only say Hello Ma and cut off.

That warning about the dolls reminds me....If you are buying any of the large Lego sets, the ones that are usually in the $100 range, be sure to check them carefully. A few years back one I bought and put back had been opened and returned with junk in it. It has some legos to sound right and they put the junk in for weight. But it was not what I bought. If it looks tampered with, open it it up and reseal it because it is a lot of money for that kind of disappointment!