Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2011

Brad

I went to Target on Roosevelt in the South Loop today. There were a handful of toys marked 75% but like everyone else 30-50%. They had at leat 8 train tables and only one 120 pc train set. The selection wasn't that great overall so I'm saving my next run for the suburbs. Most of the sporting goods clearance was 30-50%. They had a lot of the little tikes outdoor stuff.

I do a lot of shopping at the Addison store and wasn't impressed with their selection of clearance toys. Last July I scored big but it's not looking like it will be the case this year.

This is especially for 1angellnhvn!!!! :D

I stopped by my Target this afternoon and saw that this had been marked down to 75% off and was ringing up at $32.xx It was the 10 in one hockey table set.

###091170058 Titan 10 in 1 Multi-game

Everything else toy-wise that I glanced at was still only at 30-50% off. Tomorrow must be the big day for the markdowns, I'm guessing.

Guess I better get back there in the morning! WOW!!! That's awesome! I walked by half a row of them at the store I went to at lunch. Can't remember if i Looked at them or not. Oh man!!!! I was in a hurry and spent more time looking through the toys! :(

Stashing for the toy clearance isn't really the best technique, since they do have to actually scan the toys for the markdown to happen. If there is only one of a certain toy and you hide it, it won't get scanned and therefore won't be marked down. If there are 20 of that same toy, but you are still worried about getting it, you could hide one away, I guess, if you weren't going to be able to be there right away after the toys get marked.

I do like to go ahead of time, though, and make a list of the toys I want and where they are located (which aisle or endcap) so I can easily find them.

If they are still marking things down when you get there, you DO have to wait until each toy is scanned for the price to be marked down on that toy. However, if there are 20 of the same toy, they ALL will be marked down as soon as they scan the first one.

I have a long Target Toy Clearance tutorial on my blog, which I don't think I can link to, but I will PM you the link.

Can you please pm me the link to your blog too?

Thanks for the helpful info!

Hoping that my store didn't go today!! They're usually a Thursday store, but all you people posting and saying that your Thursday stores went today is scaring me!!! Maybe if they did go today then not many went since all the roads are an icy/slushy mess!

No one even in the toy aisles at my store today so you never know!

No one even in the toy aisles at my store today so you never know!

I'm hoping the same for my store! I get all panicky with this toy sale because I'm afraid I'll blink and miss it. LOL. I'm also worried that they might be behind since I doubt many showed up to work on Monday and possibly Tuesday.

My daughter picked the Fisher Price Imaginext Big Foot up at the Fort Walton area Target tonight for $21, regular priced $98. She was actually looking for the remote Buzz Lightyear, but didn't find it. This will make a great Bday present for my grandson turning 4 on Valentines. Day

I do a lot of shopping at the Addison store and wasn't impressed with their selection of clearance toys. Last July I scored big but it's not looking like it will be the case this year.

What Addison store? Do you mean Wooddale, Glendale Heights or Villa Park? I think those are the ones closest to Addison........or is there a new one in Addison? :confused:

My target had the toys 50% so I am hoping friday morning they go to 75. I noticed they stoked all the kitchen clearance items in one endcap does that mean it will go 75 too this week? [ My target kitchen section did not go 75 while others were recently going 75) Lots of clerance in bedding at the target too but I believe the majority was because it is an older target and is getting remodeled prob for the new supermarket add ons. Does bedding go to 75?

Just went to one target in evening... few of the things have been marked 75% rest are at 30% and 50%...very slim pickings at this store.. things i have been stalking are mostly gone.. some legos are there which i bought at 50% not sure if legos go down further... will try another target tomorrow morning...

found some girls levis jeans at 75 % (size 16 fr $4.24), saw some men's jeans /sweaters/shirts at 75% also the men's robes were 75% (L,XL,XXL)

i bought..

### leapfrog Zippity 19.98 @75% (can anyone share thier review fr this.. dd is turning 3 soon )

### first act guitar 9.98 @75%

My Target went 75% off today. I got there about 1:00 and they'd only marked down 3 endcaps and still had a few more endcaps and 2 aisles left to go. It was only me and one other lady for the longest time. We filled our carts, the ladies scanning were SUPER nice and stopped what they were doing to scan all of our stuff (they told us in advance that they would do this for us). Got some great deals as usual! SOOOO glad I decided to check!

What Addison store? Do you mean Wooddale, Glendale Heights or Villa Park? I think those are the ones closest to Addison........or is there a new one in Addison?

I am a city girl so I am talking about the one on Addison Ave. I'm not sure what area it is in but the exit is Belmont.