Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2011

Brad

:eek: Made me spit out my drink when I read this! My 11 year old wears a womens size 11 and my 5 year old wears a size 4!

Wow! You must have a huge 11 year old, or she has huge feet! My 7 & 9 year old boys both wear around a 4 or 5. My 7 year old is huge for his age, too. He is fully a head taller than his friends and built like a linebacker. I have a friend whose son is 12 but looks 16 or so, too, so it certainly happens. They just spurt up when you have your back turned.

Edited by lovetoshopCA

I also found the Paul Frank socks and when I got to the cash register they rang up 0.00. They got someone over there with a PDA and he said that they had been salvaged but that he could give them to me for the lowest price they had been marked and I said "what is the price?" He said "$12.29" needless to say I didn't get them.

Yeah that is why I didn't even bother.

I don't think it's that uncommon for pre-teen girls to be wearing 9's. I know a few girls that do. 11's are getting up there but feet are getting bigger.

Really? I don't even know many adults that wear that 9s let alone 11. The only time I knew lot of women who wore that size was when I lived in Washington DC. I enjoyed it because I wore an 8 and 8s were never sold out when clearance rolled around. People who wore 9s were out of luck back then! Funny that so many women in that area wore that size, but they did.

Really? I don't even know many adults that wear that 9s let alone 11. The only time I knew lot of women who wore that size was when I lived in Washington DC. I enjoyed it because I wore an 8 and 8s were never sold out when clearance rolled around. People who wore 9s were out of luck back then! Funny that so many women in that area wore that size, but they did.

Your actually right! I'm an 8 but my DD 9 she wears a 7 and Dd 8

wears a 6!

WOW thanks for the heads up..my DD will be 10 in March and wears a size 12! LOL I only wear a 4-4.5 though...do you mind sharing what size your 8/10 yr olds wear so we can compare?

My 8 yo wears a size 1/2 and my 10 yo wears a 2/3... my little one is TALL and her feet are giant! It's actually the calf part of the sock that is unusually tight. The foot part actually has a bit of room to grow into, but I can't imagine an adult wearing them. I'm 5' 10' and under 130 with fairly twiggy legs, and there is no way that I could wear them up on my calf.

HTH

Wow! You must have a huge 11 year old, or she has huge feet! My 7 & 9 year old boys both wear around a 4 or 5. My 7 year old is huge for his age, too. He is fully a head taller than his friends and built like a linebacker. I have a friend whose son is 12 but looks 16 or so, too, so it certainly happens. They just spurt up when you have your back turned.

We grow them big at our house! She is 5' 8".

:eek: Made me spit out my drink when I read this! My 11 year old wears a womens size 11 and my 5 year old wears a size 4!

I know we have little feet but its not so bad its perportionate to our frames. I am only 5'4 and around 100lbs and DD is only 48lbs....my boys I think are pretty normal though my 7yr old is in a 13 and my 12yr old is in a size 9.5.....I have to buy all my heels in a size 5 though and that can be difficult most stores start in a womans 6....

I have a friend that wears a womans 11 and she can never find shoes :(

FYI...those socks WERE in the kids section at my store. Was there an adult version as well?

Very interesting about the Mighty Beans. I have a theory. We actually bought a pack of Mighty Beans when everything was 50% off. It was in with all of the stocking stuffers and I let my son pick out "anything" in that section and that is what he picked. They rang up $2.99! (But I didn't have the heart to make him pick something else at that point). I wonder if they manually tried to fix that glitch and accidentally made ALL of the Mighty Beans part of Christmas? And now that it's all salvaged they just went back to reg. merchandise. Whatever it is, it's weird. But I'm happy I got 10 for the price of 1!

Heck, maybe they ARE kids... dunno. I didn't look at the tag real close. It seems like they would be a kid's 'thing', but I only ever saw them in the women's hosiery dept. at the 2 stores I saw them in. Guess that's what made me 'assume' they were for adults. I bought them for my kids regardless, so I guess it didn't matter to me. I, myself, didn't need monkey slipper socks. LOL!!!

Ours went 50% today.

Thanks!

At the stores I go to alot of the Carter's clothes were already 50% off but I'd love to get it for 75%. All the other baby stuff (pacifiers, crib mobiles, boppy's) were still 30% when I went to check tonight. They have been 30% for a while so hopefully soon they'll go to 50%.

I found a pair of Paul frank socks in the kids section. When I checked out I asked the cashier if I could get a price check on them. They rang up as 0.00. She said I can give them to you for .50.

I also got a series 1 and two series 2 mighty beans for .29. They were in the reg toy section. They price next to them said $1.99 or $2.99 I don't remember but I scanned them anyway and was really excited to see them for .29. Now if I only knew what to do with them. I guess they will go to toys for tots next year. Oh btw I live in ct if that helps anyone.

we are a big footed family-My mom and I are 9.5 (though I was more like a 8/9 before children), my daughter (shes 16 as of today!) is around a 10 but it can vary with shoes (adult), son is working on men's 10 (he's 14). my husband is 11, my brother is a size 15, my grandmothers were a size 10, dad was 13....interesting was for my daughter looking into some shoe brands I think it was DC's and they don't have any large sizes, it stopped at 10 and it was too small for her

The stores in the Minneapolis area have gear on clearance. Quite a few items actually. I just got back from my visit to the downtown Minneaoplis store and nothing was 75% off except for the Christmas socks, tights, shoes, etc. A lot more marked down to 50% though.

-------------------------

hey did kristin did u check Kitchen section at all??? they have lots on clearance in this month. can we both keep track n post here.. i m planning to go check tommoroow or wed!

m keeping an eye on cookware set

I did not walk through the kitchen section. I can keep my eye open for you though. What cookware set are you looking for? Do you only shop the downtown Target?

We grow them big at our house! She is 5' 8".

Wow! I am impressed! She sounds like my friend's son. I thought he was 16-17 and he is only 12! She is going to be tall like my sister-in-law, I bet. 6'1". I don't envy all the shoes you must have had to buy! My big guy has extra wide feet, so I am stuck buying all his shoes on Zappos.

Oh, for anyone who has trouble buying shoes, Zappos isn't cheap, but that free shipping both ways is awesome. And you can call their 800 number and get advice about what brands run big or small or narrow or wide. Because I called, I got their VIP service added to my account, so they overnight the shoes to me. I have bought 4-5 pairs and had to send back 3-4 before, but it has never been a problem. Love that company! Without them DS would be shoeless Joe. :-)

My DD6 wears anything from a 13 to a 2, depending on the shoe, but she's an amazon- she can wear her 12 month pants as shorts, but has to wear an 8 in jeans for length. DS11 wears a 7, but he was in a 3 until last spring. His boots that I bought a full size too big in november (a 5.5) were rubbing blisters, and when I looked at the size I about choked. He's in a 7 now. He had tiny feet forever- now I can't keep him in shoes!

My kiddos are too young to figure out how big their feet really are, however, I think DD2 has small feet (still in size 5/6). DH has big feet (size 11) and I have small feet for my height (size 6/6.5) - but I seriously can fit the size 3.5/4 ballet shoes they sell at Target (no socks though). Really bizarre.

Christmas INF here. :( Sad... I found out that the Santa's reindeer carter's pram that I wanted for DS was 90% off but since my store had no tags... they quoted me a price that was 60% off only. I dress DS (2.5 months) in a lot of holiday clothing LOL.

Also - the weather? Another snow storm?! how can I take out the car to get toys. :D

Went to Hackensack, NJ Target last night.

Xmas was gone, gift wrap tape and might beans regular price in their places. About 3 aisles of assorted toys on markdown, didn't scan any - did see a lot of Legos. Saw an endcap of firepits for 14.XX - looked like a good deal. Will have to check back for 75% off on toys. Also watching for the boys snow pants to be marked down - despite recent weather here, some are still left and not all in the smallest size.

Went to Hackensack, NJ Target last night.

Xmas was gone, gift wrap tape and might beans regular price in their places. About 3 aisles of assorted toys on markdown, didn't scan any - did see a lot of Legos. Saw an endcap of firepits for 14.XX - looked like a good deal. Will have to check back for 75% off on toys. Also watching for the boys snow pants to be marked down - despite recent weather here, some are still left and not all in the smallest size.

Thanks I was going to go to the hackensack store. Edgewater has nothing and christmas pjs are only 30% off. North bergen has nothing left. As far as toys only 30 and 50%.

I have a question...seems like everyone is thinking the 75% off will be Thursday? but I thought the schedule says they do toys on wed.??

I cant wait for them to go 75% off already and be done with it, im loosing sleep thinking about the items I really want and hope to get HAHA. Its stressful not knowing what day to expect them to get marked down again. But I will say, target clearance shopping is a total adrenaline rush!

I have a question...seems like everyone is thinking the 75% off will be Thursday? but I thought the schedule says they do toys on wed.??

I cant wait for them to go 75% off already and be done with it, im loosing sleep thinking about the items I really want and hope to get HAHA. Its stressful not knowing what day to expect them to get marked down again. But I will say, target clearance shopping is a total adrenaline rush!

I think it varies from store to store. Some people report toys being marked down on Wednesday, but I know that my store does it on Thursday. Although last year it didn't happen til Friday.

I wear an 11W or a 12 depending on the make of the shoe. I can't EVER find anything CUTE that fits! It stinks! I wanna cut my toes off so I can find cute shoes! Especially cute tennis shoes usually only go up to a 10! :( It's not fun for those of us with big feet! My girls are taking after me in that regard! :(

Just curious (and to help me figure out what is on my list)...what are everyone's "must have" items this time? I am pretty much only looking for boy stuff, as I think the girl selection is really poor this year (for my daughter's age range, at least...she's 4). I'm hoping for:

Empire Strikes Back Figurine Set

Toy Story Matchbox Train

Star Wars Plug and Play Video Game

Lego Sets (my store had a lot of Power Miners...not much else)

I'm going to try really hard not to over do it. I just recently organized my "stash" and I still have a TON from last January and July's clearances, so I need to only get the things I need for sure.