Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2011

Brad

Thank you for the info. on the Mighty Beans, I went to the Wooddale IL Target and didn't find any so I drove over to the Rosemont store and scored 15 of them for .29 each!!! These will really come in handy for my sons birthday party goody bags. I noticed that they still had a small corner of Holiday clearance at 90% way in the back of the store, most of it was candy canes and broken items but I did score a set of snapware containers. They scanned for $9.99 but they were obviously left over from Christmas so the cashier gave them to me for .99 cents!!! Woo-hoo, I definitely did my happy dance on the way out the door and I intend to use them year round. :)

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z117/elaineb1/th_container1.jpg?t=1294554907http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z117/elaineb1/th_container2.jpg?t=1294554907

I did score a set of snapware containers. They scanned for $9.99 but they were obviously left over from Christmas so the cashier gave them to me for .99 cents!!! Woo-hoo, I definitely did my happy dance on the way out the door and I intend to use them year round. :)

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z117/elaineb1/th_container1.jpg?t=1294554907http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z117/elaineb1/th_container2.jpg?t=1294554907

You got lucky on the snapware. Those aren't part of the c-mas clearance. There are lots of items in the store that look a lot like they SHOULD be part of the c-mas clearance, but aren't. I'm always too chicken to ask for the cashier to ring it down...especially to 90% off. Good job!!

just a heads up on ppl looking into the little mommy doll she's been $5 at walmart.com since before Xmas. I was kinds disappointed in her too. Very soft squidgy body and I didn't like the hair. Gift recipient didn't mention either though.

I haven't been to target since it was 75% off but will head in today for some returns, hope I find something

Your store may have only had one kind, but they are not all the same. The ones on clearance are Series 1 (not labeled with the series though), and they have a sticker over the UPC code removing the regular UPC. Series 2 (red edge) and those without the sticker should be ringing up regular price.

Nope...I got series 1 and 2 both for $.29. There were two different styles of packaging and the Series 2 with the red edge were for sure included...I scanned multiple packages of both kinds.

Thank you for the info. on the Mighty Beans, I went to the Wooddale IL Target and didn't find any so I drove over to the Rosemont store and scored 15 of them for .29 each!!! These will really come in handy for my sons birthday party goody bags. I noticed that they still had a small corner of Holiday clearance at 90% way in the back of the store, most of it was candy canes and broken items but I did score a set of snapware containers. They scanned for $9.99 but they were obviously left over from Christmas so the cashier gave them to me for .99 cents!!! Woo-hoo, I definitely did my happy dance on the way out the door and I intend to use them year round. :)

I tried to get those on Thursday and they wouldn't adjust the price bc not all the christnas items were 90% off : (

I went to the Castleton store in Indy and they had a lot of toys 1/2 off. I found 1 Thomas the Train set for 75% off, which I promptly scooped up! :) I can't get the package because the kids will see, but I will post the DPCI as soon as I can - probably nap time. :)

At Walmart, they had a lot of toys 1/2 off too. I found them when I was searching for that $15 Norelco deal. I found a couple lego sets for 1/2 off - which we all know is kind of hard to find legos that much off. If you have someone looking for legos (mostly toy story 3), i would check Walmart. I don't know if they'll last long.

I went to another Target. No Mighty Beans and very little toy clearance; they didn't have the full couple of aisles of clearance that the other stores seem to have.

For the 90% off, I got 2 of the Corona and Budweiser beer bucket and glass sets, 8 pairs of the Paul Frank mukluks, a men's toiletry bag, a Nick and Nora pj set, and a pair of Christmas slippers.

For 75% off, I got 2 packages of the Fruit of the Loom boy shorts.

Does anyone know what happens to the items they salvage? Do the items get donated, destroyed, thrown away?

I got one of these at 75% off, I ask the cashier if this was Christmas, she said it looked liked it and gave it to me

Any thoughts on when they might salvage?? I want to try and make one more trip back before they do.

I couldn't believe we went this morning and there was still xmas stuff in the xmas aisle. This store went 90 Tuesday. I would bet all will be gone from the stores tomorrow morning if it's not gone already.

I went to another Target. No Mighty Beans and very little toy clearance; they didn't have the full couple of aisles of clearance that the other stores seem to have.

For the 90% off, I got 2 of the Corona and Budweiser beer bucket and glass sets, 8 pairs of the Paul Frank mukluks, a men's toiletry bag, a Nick and Nora pj set, and a pair of Christmas slippers.

For 75% off, I got 2 packages of the Fruit of the Loom boy shorts.

Does anyone know what happens to the items they salvage? Do the items get donated, destroyed, thrown away?

They sell a lot to Big Lots, but I'm not sure if that's stuff that gets salvaged or just stuff that never even makes it to stores. They do donate some of it to Goodwill.

I am not sure if this has been mentioned. But I found several flameless candles for 90%, unmarked and on the candle isle with the other candles. There are larger ones sold by itself, medium sized sold in sets of two, and small sized in sets of three. There were two different scents....huckleberry and cinnamon apple. Regular price is $13 - I got them for $1.30. It is worth the try to scan and see....

@Rebalou:

Where did you get the coupon? TIA

QUOTE: Baby Alive "Bouncin' Babbles" dolls for $6.84 - so just $1.34 after the $5 printable

It was available through late December on Hasbro's site. They offer a lot of great coupons there periodically.

another Christmas clearance find... haven't seen it posted yet.. K'nex Nascar micro (they were part of christmas toys) $0.44

they were in the reg aisle . They look like the regular box..no holiday packaging .. only the nascar ones are ringing up .44 others are regular price.

### 20470653 K'nex Nascar micro $.44

It is the ones with the cars. The ones with the crews look the same but are not on sale.

I got one of these at 75% off, I ask the cashier if this was Christmas, she said it looked liked it and gave it to me[/quote

With the Christmas tree, reindeer and gingerbread house it sure looks like Christmas to me! :fluffy:

But not all 'Christmasy' items were included in the Christmas clearance-like the crackers, pj's, and toothpaste unfortunatley. They just mark them down differently even though they are clearly christmas. I think it's funny all the PJ's they still have with candy canes and especialy like others have said, the crackers with reindeer and trees on them. I saw those containers and scanned them too. Wish I had at least tried. But most of the stores I go to won't budge if it doesn't scan..

But not all 'Christmasy' items were included in the Christmas clearance-like the crackers, pj's, and toothpaste unfortunatley. They just mark them down differently even though they are clearly christmas. I think it's funny all the PJ's they still have with candy canes and especialy like others have said, the crackers with reindeer and trees on them. I saw those containers and scanned them too. Wish I had at least tried. But most of the stores I go to won't budge if it doesn't scan..

personally I think I just got lucky, our store is way too good at pulling the items out of the regular sections though I lucked out with the foil wrap that no one checked (most were sitting in the back of the pile but don't think anyone was hiding it)

Went back to Matteson store for one final check. There was still quite a bit considering 90% off started earlier this week. Grabbed a pair of silk boxers for DS $7.99 for .79. Found a hard cover word search book red with snowmen all over it and it was still scanning full price, they gave me 90% off $7.19 for .72. Came across one box of New Years eve Crackers still scanning $14.99 they gave them to me for $1.49. They had some ornaments, light clips, a few outdoor outlet timers (I think these were returns cause they were all labeled 30% off), stockings, and candy canes. Came across one Thomas Holiday train that scanned .99, but I really don't have anyone in my life thats into Thomas so I left it. All in all I think I've found all the Christmas deals I'm going to find. Now If I could just get those Kitchenaid pots and pans set to stick around long enough to see 75% off I'd be a happy girl!

I found the .21 goldfish crackers too! Woohoo! Also, found a Taylor Swift Christmas CD for .69, mixed in with the audio/video clearance!

Question: If I have the dcpi#, can I enter that on the website to see if a certain location has any left? Thanks!

Came across one Thomas Holiday train that scanned .99, but I really don't have anyone in my life thats into Thomas so I left it.

Augh! I can not find those anywhere and my son is a HUGE Thomas fan! I live close to the Oak Lawn store and shop there, Crestwood and Burbank. I noticed that there are alot of "Chicagoans" on here... Nice to meet you all!

I scored today :) found a 3pk of tape for .30 along with 2 single packs for .20, a roll of reynolds foil for .29, too many of the goldfish .21, bought 7 of the 1.29 sock slippers posted earlier, a few kid craft kits and window clings, some pet tree ornaments, a babys 1st christmas ornament, taylor swift cd, martina mcbride cd, ella fitzgerald cd and lady antabellum cd, 2 gingerbread houses, some chocolate/gummy mold kits, and 2 adult and 2 kids N&N pj's but had to fight for the second kids one. The store separated the things out and marked as repackaged for 10.01 a piece and neither cashier or guy at CS could accept as item was whole no repackaging needed or done as such should be regular price. I had to wait for a manager.

I missed out on some josh groban and andrea bocelli cd's because apparently they're from another vendor who doesn't discount and CS wouldn't let me repurchase some lights I returned but I kinda expected that going in. I really didn't expect to find as much as I did so late in the game.

I think the best find was an "accessories set" in the men's dept for $1. It has a set of cufflinks, a tie pin and 4 collar picks in a little snap closed case. Nothing out of this world but will make great gifts for my five cousins as they get older.

Augh! I can not find those anywhere and my son is a HUGE Thomas fan! I live close to the Oak Lawn store and shop there, Crestwood and Burbank. I noticed that there are alot of "Chicagoans" on here... Nice to meet you all!

Darn it.. If I had known I would picked it up for ya.

Thanks for the Mighty Beanz tip. I went in today, not expecting any to be left. There were 3 packs in the regular toy section on a peg that had the $2.99 price. I grabbed em and sure enough they scanned at .29 cents! 9 new beanz for a total of .87 cents, can't beat that! My son loves those...he was one happy kid. :yup: