Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

I went without the code the first time around & searched all over. Went back with the code, punched it in to their red UPC price checker & it showed they had them at the good price.

HOw do you do this? You mean you can punch in codes to see if they have an item? Is that at the normal price scanner thing?

HOw do you do this? You mean you can punch in codes to see if they have an item? Is that at the normal price scanner thing?

I don't quite understand this either?

Half of the time the scanners in my Target don't work or they turn them off or something.

I got little "dance" bags/backpacks, tu-tu's, earrings, legwarmers, crowns, and gloves; and everything fits in the little "dance" backpacks all for .25 each. I am going to use them for goodie bags for my daughters birthday party next month, at a cost of $1.50 per girl.

I don't quite understand this either?

Half of the time the scanners in my Target don't work or they turn them off or something.

At some of the newer or newly remodeled Targets, the scanners have buttons on them. I have heard you can input the DCPI, and be able to find the location of stock. But as my lone Target does not have these scanners, I have never done it, and don't know if a code to tell the scanner to do that is needed, or if just inputting the DCPI automatically brings up that information.

My local Target has to types of scanners or price checkers. They are red boxes mounted on posts at various places around the store. They have signs above them that say something like "Check a price Here". Some of the price checkers have a row of buttons on them - numbered 0-9. You can either scan the UPC code if you have the item in hand; OR on punch in the DPC code - number by number & then press ENTER. The DPC code is a 9 digit code laid out like this: xxx xx xxxx on the price tag. If you have a clearance item with the red sticker it's at the top of the sticker. Otherwise it is located somewhere...on the packaging. It's NOT the same as the UPC code.

If you don't have the item in hand, only the DPC code will work. It will tell you if the store has any of a particular item, the aisle it's located in & if they have any in the backroom. I was using the DPC codes the other day (posted by other forum users) to check for the clearance microwave, clearance Seal a Meal machines, TMX Elmo, etc. That was how I found they did have a microwave so they I went on a search for it.

The UPC code (when scanned in) will only give you the price.

Wow...I'm a newbie (been here less than a week) & got to explain how the code stuff works. Cool, eh?

First of all, I want to say Thanks! for all of the input here. I finally found a place where I have alot in common.

I don't have much to add but I did find Fighting Illini stuff ( can koozies, chip/dip helmet, keychains ) at 75% off.

On a disturbing note, I overheard a Manager saying that once the clearance selection goes to salvage, they won't be marking down again until after Christmas. I sure hope he didn't have his facts right!!

Excellent description ialady - thanks! :)

My local Target has to types of scanners or price checkers. They are red boxes mounted on posts at various places around the store. They have signs above them that say something like "Check a price Here". Some of the price checkers have a row of buttons on them - numbered 0-9. You can either scan the UPC code if you have the item in hand; OR on punch in the DPC code - number by number & then press ENTER. The DPC code is a 9 digit code laid out like this: xxx xx xxxx on the price tag. If you have a clearance item with the red sticker it's at the top of the sticker. Otherwise it is located somewhere...on the packaging. It's NOT the same as the UPC code.

If you don't have the item in hand, only the DPC code will work. It will tell you if the store has any of a particular item, the aisle it's located in & if they have any in the backroom. I was using the DPC codes the other day (posted by other forum users) to check for the clearance microwave, clearance Seal a Meal machines, TMX Elmo, etc. That was how I found they did have a microwave so they I went on a search for it.

The UPC code (when scanned in) will only give you the price.

Wow...I'm a newbie (been here less than a week) & got to explain how the code stuff works. Cool, eh?

I went back this morning (was there yesterday) and they must have cleared out some more stuff from the back. I got the Halloween Kelly dolls for $1.24. I only saw one yesterday, the one with the orange poofy hair, and the box was ripped. Today they had about 7 and sifferent costumes. I bought 5.

I also scored on the 10 frames in the box for $4.98. They weren't there yesterday. I had my eye on them last week but wasn't able to get to Target after the last markdown and of course they disappeared. I saw two boxes of it today though one box looked like a return so I left that one. Thanks for all the great posts!

Hi Gator Pam & Group :)

I am new to this board and I am confused. DH worked at our local SuperCenter one holiday season, to earn a little Xmas cash and more often than not, when a customer asked for different items, he referred them to Walmart or other stores because Target simply didn't carry it, or only carried certain accessories and not the item itself.

I read the newbie post, but I'm just not sure if it's worth a trip (with 5 kids, mind you) to Target to peruse the perimeter after what my husband had to say. :g_shrug:

I am looking to you for shopping guidance and wisdom :bow:

Thank you!

Hi Gator Pam & Group :)

I am new to this board and I am confused. DH worked at our local SuperCenter one holiday season, to earn a little Xmas cash and more often than not, when a customer asked for different items, he referred them to Walmart or other stores because Target simply didn't carry it, or only carried certain accessories and not the item itself.

I read the newbie post, but I'm just not sure if it's worth a trip (with 5 kids, mind you) to Target to peruse the perimeter after what my husband had to say. :g_shrug:

I am looking to you for shopping guidance and wisdom :bow:

Thank you!

Target is the greatest place ever! If they don't have it, I don't need it... :D

I picked up the BBQ Pit Crock Pot at my Target today. I wanted one of these when they were still $100! I finally saw them drop to $24.98 a few days ago and snagged one!! :]

You'll soon be hooked, I got it last Friday, and Friday night, and Saturday night, we had it in use, had ribs for the hockey game Friday night, and then enjoyed some beef brisquet during the College football games Saturday....

Wow, You were so right about this, Grants Dad!!! We did ribs in them on Sunday and my mom immediately said "Ooh, I want to do a brisket in here soon." The ribs were so tender and so yummy!

Yesterday my MIL was at target and just missed the last Elmo TMX , Darn. She said she didn't realize it was going to be there and instead of going right back to toys she was looking around and seen a man with one and she asked him where he found it and he told her he got the last one. Oh well I'm sure it will be out again.

Went to a different Target than usual last night, so I finally found one of the Snowman ice shaver/sno-cone maker machines. Marked $12.48, scanned at $6.24 (75% Off). I bought a few bags of halloween candy all 75% off, found a Dr. Mario GBA game for $7.48 (originally $29.99, includes some other game as well), and picked up a few dollar spot clearance items for my nieces' stockings. Came out with about 3 bags, 15 items, spent $21.xx. My bf was amazed as my items were ringing up, since it took the scanning of the GBA game to break even $5 LOL.

Just got back from Target - new stuff in the One Spot:

plastic toy kitchen utencils, food, plates, etc.

Hello Kitty stuff - mirrors, pens, pads of paper, makeup bag, jewelry

magnetic wooden trains that click together

wooden toys

holiday spatulas, bowls, aprons, rolling pins

baby utencils, bowls, and hat w/blanket

pet items

holiday ornaments, etc.

I went to my target yesterday, and only found a handful of things with clearance tags on them... last year I got tons of costumes at 90% off.. this year all they had were t-shirts at 75%. I did score 3 elmos...

I also asked about that lil' quad.. they don't even carry power wheels at the 3 stores we have here w/i 100miles.

If anyone can get their hands on one for $16.00, I'll pay all shipping costs and paypal you the $$.

Before hitting Target last night, I was talking about how WM has the H&N Monopoly for $15 online and in-store. I was surprised that I hadn't seen any other stores try to come down to the pricing on it, since it was about $30 everywhere else. I also got the Target toy book yesterday with the $10 off the game coupon. Now, when we were at Target, the game had a price cut tag on it and the shelf said $15.00... Does anyone know if they'd still accept the coupon so it would be $5 AC?

I bought it at our Target yesterday for $10. with the coupon from the Toy Book. It rang up for $15.00 and then they applied the coupon. It was a terrific and fun find! Also the Barbie Genevieve doll with the cat was marked down to $14.xx and with the $2. off coupon in the Target Toy Book it was brought down to $12.xx. Another present crossed off the list!