Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

Thanks to this thread when I went to Target tonight I went looking for this and the folding grill. No grills in site, but I did find the Smoothie maker just sitting on the shelf with the other regular priced appliances. I couldn't remember if this was the right brand so I snatched it up and scanned it. Bingo! Too bad it was the last one or else I would've bought more as gifts.

It makes me feel so sneaky that I helped people find a great deal!! I LOVE IT! I am glad you found one:gdparanoid:

Went to 3 Targets today & I found:

Sony undercabinet CD/radio - INF - told her it was $25.04

Hamilton Beach Ice Cream Maker - $6.24

DeLonghi waffle maker - FLOOR MODEL - $9.98 (reg. 39.99)

There were tons of floor models kitchen appliances on clearance at one of them, but I just imagined my DH having a stroke if I bought one of each. Unfortunately, the smoothie maker was not on clearance yet at any of them. But I am stalking them!

I'm now on the hunt for:

* smoothie maker

* princess castle

* princess couch

* guitar

What kind of guitar are you looking for? Child's guitar? 3/4 guitar or fullsize?

What kind of guitar are you looking for? Child's guitar? 3/4 guitar or fullsize?

The fullsize one. My brother is learning how to play & I'm sure he'd be thrilled to have one. They are all still full price at the Targets I visited yesterday.

Are ya guys ready??? The new set date for The One Spot/See Spot Save is.........

November 5th!! :) We got a ton of boxes for the new set rolling off the trucks now. :)

It should be going clearance soon, then.

Thanks becca!

Current See Spot Save (to be referred to as SSS by me from now on) items are the ones with the blue dot, yes? So those will be the ones going clearance, as well as the Hallowe'en items?

The fullsize one. My brother is learning how to play & I'm sure he'd be thrilled to have one. They are all still full price at the Targets I visited yesterday.

Have you looked at www.musiciansfriend.com ?

They have great sales a lot of the time. Sign up for their email.

I bought my daughter a Dean guitar (child size) for $25 last year for Christmas. That's a real guitar maker and cheaper than the First Act ones. And it came with a free guitar case.

Have you looked at www.musiciansfriend.com ?

They have great sales a lot of the time. Sign up for their email.

I bought my daughter a Dean guitar (child size) for $25 last year for Christmas. That's a real guitar maker and cheaper than the First Act ones. And it came with a free guitar case.

Thanks for the info. I didn't see any special deals though, and I was hoping to score one of the Target ones as they were clearancing ~$37.xx. If you know of a special though, please let me know!

$37 for an adult guitar? that's a great price, but we're a family of musicians and we get a little snotty when it comes to who the guitar maker is. No offense at all, please!

Do make sure that you read all the reviews you can find on the guitar. It's a keepsake, and if your brother really gets into it... he'll never want to get rid of that guitar, and will hope that it plays forever.

$37 for an adult guitar? that's a great price, but we're a family of musicians and we get a little snotty when it comes to who the guitar maker is. No offense at all, please!

Do make sure that you read all the reviews you can find on the guitar. It's a keepsake, and if your brother really gets into it... he'll never want to get rid of that guitar, and will hope that it plays forever.

I had heard of the deal from another board, and it included guitars/bass guitars. Hard to find, but a real deal. I figured at that price he couldn't NOT like it as a present! :) It was only if I could find it at that price though! Thanks again for the link...

When at target yesterday (when I got my smoothie maker) I saw the High School Musical Mix Sticks. It scanned as INF. Well first of all none of the scanners were working at first! I was so upset! I figured the cashier would be too;) . Anyway they were fixed and it came up INF, I asked someone that had a gun scanner and still INF. Great! I think. Take it to the cashier and 'bleep' $49.99. Darn it! No clearance for me.:no:

I'm a newbie to the whole Target clearance thing and I started reading this thread from page 1 and I still don't really get it. Where are you finding all these deals? The end caps? Is that what you mean by the perimeters? And what's the blue dot. A sticker or something more obvious?

I'm sure all these questions are answered somewhere else, so if someone would point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. I'd love a sno-cone maker for $6.xx. :)

Yes the perimeter is the end caps. Perimeter means just walking around the ends of all the aisles, going around. Most Targets put all clearanced items on the end caps tho sometimes they are directly in the aisle which is why you need to walk the perimeters and up and down the aisles too.

As far as the dots. They are located in the One Spot area or the area that is typically as soon as you walk into the store. It used to be dollar items, now it is also 2 for $5 items also. These get marked down according to the time they have been out. Thus the sticker...blue sticker you mentioned would all be marked down at the same time where some items may be red stickered and be marked down at another time.

Hope that helps!

I went to Target today hoping to find the latest clearance items you all have been posting. To my dismay, almost all of the clearance stuff is gone. Did have a display model of the ice shaver. Even the toy clearance on the endcaps was gone. I was very disappointed.

I think the items we have been finding in small appliances may be stuff that has been hidden away in the back room. I still can't find a model number on the Chefmate microwave, but the manufacture date is 2005. In today's turnover, that's a pretty old model. So I think finding these items will be pretty hit or miss.

We're also entering a pretty slow period for Target clearance, until after the holidays. Although if it hasn't gone clearance yet, the dorm/new apartment themed stuff in domestics should be going pretty soon. Keep an eye on those kitchen in a box and such sets. I bought one for $8.74 last year to put away for when Beorn leaves home. And at the time, he was only 12!

Went back today. Found the Baby bratz pony hidden behind some bouncing balls. Red sticker price $6.98, scanned for $2.17! That'll be someone's Xmas present. Also found the Bratz Rock Angels plug n play guitar, originally $29.99 down to $12.38. That's for my dd:D

I officially hate my target! :mad: I found those Smoothie makers. There were 8 on the shelves so here I am thinking I lucked out. Scanned it and voila! $29.99 I can't find anything good there. Got some South Beach Diet Bars marked down to .88 though. They're on sale at Stop N Shop for $2.50 each now.

I went to Target and I got the Smoothie Maker for $6.24, the ice shaver for $6.24, and a Toastmaster Hot Pot for $2.48. The best thing is that none of the items were marked at 75% off, but I knew they were because of you guys. Thanks so much!

They also had the Snowman Sno-Cone syrup for 75% off at $0.48 per bottle too, so I grabbed some of those too.