Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

Actually you weren't very far from the new one, it is located behind the mall off of Coliseum Blvd. I haven't even been there yet. They just opened it two or three weeks ago. They tore down the old one that was there. I go to the one on State rd. 37 (stellhorn rd). I am actually from New Haven and that one is closer.

So its one of those "its the big building with the bulleye on it" type misses LOL Will have to take a gander next time we head that way

TY for the info :)

I went to the Target on Cityplace in Dallas yesterday and found amazing deals but I'm so pissed off! I bought all these candles just last Thursday and this week they're on clearance!!! All the High Fragrence candle stuff (I personally bought the sensual amber) went down from $9 something to less than $5!!!!!!!!!!!! What I am angry about is that I threw away my receipt so I couldn't get any price adjustments. Also those asian decor candle sets are on clearance as well. So many great candles going dirt cheap.

I went to the Target on Cityplace in Dallas yesterday and found amazing deals but I'm so pissed off! I bought all these candles just last Thursday and this week they're on clearance!!! All the High Fragrence candle stuff (I personally bought the sensual amber) went down from $9 something to less than $5!!!!!!!!!!!! What I am angry about is that I threw away my receipt so I couldn't get any price adjustments. Also those asian decor candle sets are on clearance as well. So many great candles going dirt cheap.

Wooo, I hope I can find the candles at my Target!! I was not willing to pay $9 for them. I go to the one in Flower Mound or Lewisville, by the way. :]

If you paid with check or credit card, just take them back & they can look up the reciept!

If you paid with check or credit card, just take them back & they can look up the reciept!

We tried that with pajamas for my son! We bought them on a Saturday and when we came to the store that Sunday, they were clearanced for almost $10 less! We got the receipt and grabbed a set from the display, as the customer service rep was going through the adjustments, she spotted the clearance tag and stopped the transaction. She said that the adjustments "..DO NOT APPLY TO MERCHANDISE THAT GOES ON CLEARANCE!" and promptly asked for the next person in line! I spoke to a manager and he backed up her claim. My wife was so upset she called the regional manager (Columbus, Ohio) and he said the same thing. Even though we were replacing the pajamas because the previous pajamas had been destroyed in our house fire that Friday, no pity was received from the manager. My wife threatened to stop shopping at Target, but the guy just said he could not do anything about it.

We tried that with pajamas for my son! We bought them on a Saturday and when we came to the store that Sunday, they were clearanced for almost $10 less! We got the receipt and grabbed a set from the display, as the customer service rep was going through the adjustments, she spotted the clearance tag and stopped the transaction. She said that the adjustments "..DO NOT APPLY TO MERCHANDISE THAT GOES ON CLEARANCE!" and promptly asked for the next person in line! I spoke to a manager and he backed up her claim. My wife was so upset she called the regional manager (Columbus, Ohio) and he said the same thing. Even though we were replacing the pajamas because the previous pajamas had been destroyed in our house fire that Friday, no pity was received from the manager. My wife threatened to stop shopping at Target, but the guy just said he could not do anything about it.

You take the ORIGINAL item back into the store and return it using a check or credit card and then purchase the same item marked clearance. You can't just pick up another one and return it or get the price adjusted on something if it goes clearance.

I was at target today and found a really good deal over in the kitchen clearance section, they had the Rival Crock-Pot BBQ-Pit for $24 and change. I thought maybe some people here might be interested in this item, it's a really good price for the BBQ pit.

:yup:

What becca and scrabbler said. Didn't I include that information in the ~*~*~Newbie Guide~*~*~?

Yes you did. And we seriously thought of doing that but felt that they would remember us and not take the return! As I'm thinking about it now, I regret that we didn't do that. But thanks to this website and this message board, I rarely, IF EVER, buy anything from Target and pay full retail!

Ok well I spoke too soon. Since you have your receipt I would have returned the PJs and bought it again at the clearance price. Of course that's if you haven't worn them yet ;)

Saw the Flypens marked down 30%, making them around $85-ish. My store had 4 or 5 left. Still too high for me to even consider getting it for my almost 9 year old.

Just yesterday, the Flypens/chargers went to 50% off here in KC making them $62.xx. They come with a pen AND a charger in the box. There are flypens for sale (without the charger) for $99 in the aisle-- the sale pens were on the end caps. The charger is also for sale at a regular price of $30, so the combo set for $62.xx is a pretty good deal. Has anyone heard anything about how well they work? It is a gift for my nephew and I'm not sure if they are a thumbs up or thumbs down. It's from Leap Frog, which usually has great stuff, but I just haven't heard anything about these pens from people who use them.

Yeah! I'm going to have one happy daughter. I oicked up a Rival Ice Cream maker for $12.48 today. Clearance aisle in housewares area, sign said 30% off, but original price was $50.

There was George Foreman Family Grill, BBQ Pit as earlier mentioned, picture frames, vases, and various small electronics.

Enjoy!

I had some time to kill this morning, so I went Perimeter Perusing for the first time in a long time. I found floor models of the following two items, so I asked for and received an additional 30% off at checkout.

Chefmate 1200 watt white digital microwave oven. I can't find a model number on it though. regular $43.99 ---> 75% off $10.97 ---> additional 30% off $7.68

Rival Nonstick Electric Fold N Store Griddle regular $49.99 --> 75% off $12.48 --> additional 30% off $8.74

Now to see if everything works! I was told standard return policy applies, even though there is no packaging or paperwork to return.

Nice deals/finds Gator Pam!

I never thought about asking for an additional % for floor models.

Although after Christmas 2004 I did witness a lady getting a beautiful Christmas tree for the 75% at the time plus 50% off since she was taking the tree that was on display.

I will have to remember to ask next time.