Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

I got an amazing deal today.....Its called Disney Mix Max. It is apparently the new version of the mix stix, but plays video as well. It holds up to 240 songs or 6 hrs of video, and is expandable with SD cards. It was scanning Item not found. So, i went to the electronics register. There was a woman in front of me who had 2 of them as well, and was having the price checked. They said sense they were not found, they must have been clearanced out already, and gave them to us for ~15 each. I was excited, grabbed my 2 (the only other ones) and paid. Got home to look them up online....THEY HAVE NOT BEEN RELEASED YET! They come out in October and will retail ~100.00. I was so thrilled! This will be for my girls from Santa, and I cannot believe what a deal I got! I am still thrilled about it!

How awesome! Talk about being in the right place at the right time.

I got an amazing deal today.....Its called Disney Mix Max. It is apparently the new version of the mix stix, but plays video as well. It holds up to 240 songs or 6 hrs of video, and is expandable with SD cards. It was scanning Item not found. So, i went to the electronics register. There was a woman in front of me who had 2 of them as well, and was having the price checked. They said sense they were not found, they must have been clearanced out already, and gave them to us for ~15 each. I was excited, grabbed my 2 (the only other ones) and paid. Got home to look them up online....THEY HAVE NOT BEEN RELEASED YET! They come out in October and will retail ~100.00. I was so thrilled! This will be for my girls from Santa, and I cannot believe what a deal I got! I am still thrilled about it!

They probably got put out by accident or something.. but anyway... Good job on the AWESOME find!!!!!

Simply stated, walking around the ends of the aisles, out of the main aisles of the Target. Most of the good finds, the odds and ends, are located on the back ends of the aisles.

I see! Thanks for the quick answer! I always check the endcaps when I'm there - so I guess I've been a perimeter peruser without knowing it!

Wow, your lucky! Great deal.

A good day for me at Target. I got the Pepsi and Almay deals.

I also got the Hello Kitty IPod Car Charger and Transmitter for 30% off. Not the greatest but I had my eye on it and I figured I would treat myself. I also found the dock for Nano. They were marked $9.98 but came out $4.99 *SCORE*. They had like 10 or so left. The store I tried before only had the Shuffle docks :yuck:

A good day for me at Target. I got the Pepsi and Almay deals.

I also got the Hello Kitty IPod Car Charger and Transmitter for 30% off. Not the greatest but I had my eye on it and I figured I would treat myself. I also found the dock for Nano. They were marked $9.98 but came out $4.99 *SCORE*. They had like 10 or so left. The store I tried before only had the Shuffle docks :yuck:

Wow - that is a nice haul! I think I'll go try for that nano dock at my Target. But I already cleaned them out on the Almay yesterday - maybe they will have restocked...:D

Well said! :gdiagree:

For a more detailed answer, read the very first post in this thread, a/k/a The Newbie Guide.

Yeah - I read that - it has really great information - thanks for all that work! I thought I was a knowledgeable Target shopper - but I learned some stuff about Target policies that I didn't know. Maybe I overlooked it, but I just didn't see a definition of exactly what "perimeter perusing" was. I knew it had to do with deal searching, and now I know the definition of the term! Thanks for the definition scrabbler, and thanks for the great thread and all the info in the op Gator Pam!

If you get a listing of the stores that carry the D&B purses, please post here! I'll be waiting! :cheesy:

Here is the e-mail I received today from Target guest relations.

Dear Target Guest,

Thanks for writing about the availability of the Religion jeans, Dooney and Bourke and coach purses at your Target stores.

I'm sorry, but I wasn't able to locate the items for you. However, I'd like to request you to keep checking your Target stores for the availability of the items. If you need assistance locating the contact number of the store, please call 1-800-800-8800.

Thanks for shopping with us. I hope we'll see you again soon at Target.

Sincerely,

Jason

Target Guest Relations

www.target.com

Whoa, that store probably got fined heavily for breaking a street date if they have a release date on them. :x What an awesome find, though!! :]

Whoa, that store probably got fined heavily for breaking a street date if they have a release date on them. :x What an awesome find, though!! :]

I dunno...I dont know how anyone could track the sale other than this post, lol. He had to enter it manually, since it scanned no item found. Now i am curious as to how Disney is about street dates, lol.

I dunno...I dont know how anyone could track the sale other than this post, lol. He had to enter it manually, since it scanned no item found. Now i am curious as to how Disney is about street dates, lol.

Hmmm, if he just entered 15.00, then it probably doesn't track it or anything.

I know the movie and music street dates are a killer on fines, though. lol

Awesome!!!!!! I dream of deals like that. :)

Guest JustMeDiana

Does anybody know if they still have school supplies 75% off?

I was in several Target Stores this week, and they still have some school supplies at 75% off. I live in Central Texas. Slim pickins better hurry!!! :gdrunner:

Went to our Target and they were marking down lots of furniture and fitness stuff (75% off). I got the barstools with black seats for $7.XX a piece. A pedometer for $4.XX and a digital jump rope $5.XX for my son. Was also able to score the 2 Almay bars and $5 GC, too. :D

Also, our Target was still stocked with folders, backpacks, lunchboxes. A few scissors, pens..

WOW What a great deal. Lucky, Lucky you. I had to go to my Target to see if maybe, hopefully they had also goofed, but alas, It was on the peg at the normal price. :(

Oh Oh.. almost forgot. I didn't get any but they were also marking down Thomas Obrien towells(75%). The soft kind, too. And lots of sheets/duvets were being marked down to 75%.

Thank you so much!! I bought 4 of the towels the other day at 50%, but at 75%, I got the washcloths and hand towels too!! (and 4 more towels in a different, non matching color because they are just so nice!!)

WOW What a great deal. Lucky, Lucky you. I had to go to my Target to see if maybe, hopefully they had also goofed, but alas, It was on the peg at the normal price. :(

So your store actually had them? This one has a video screen, not the Mix Stix which is just an MP3 player. I too have gone to several other Targets since, and none had any out yet.