Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

At my Target, it seems like everybody grabs the clearance stuff at 30% and 50% off, so by the time it gets to 75% off, the shelves are practically bare. At 90% off, all that's left is the broken crap nobody wants.

:yup:

That's pretty much the same here at my one lone Target (although no one here in Gator Town seems to realize the US flags and flagpoles follow the Independence Day clearance, so there's usally a lot of those left at 90% off). However, it pays to look in areas where 90% off seasonal clearance may be mis-stocked. I do find non-broken clearance items mixed in with regular priced items on occasion. Whether a team member restocked it in the wrong place, or a Guest tried hiding it, I can't answer. But it's always worth a look.

Well my Target has tons of the Tiki Fountains .. but they are NOT on clearance. Isn't that odd? They do have some nice fire pits @ 75% off but I have to rationalize how much I would actually use them. I'd rather put the money toward a hot tub. lol

Both of the Targets by me seem to have less and less on clearance lately.

My Target in Sioux City, IA today had hardly any 75% off left and a couple of firepits at $44.XX. They did have several isles of toys at 15% and one at 30%. My best find was three Xylon 2" double faced tape dispensers for $2.48 and the refills for $1.48 . They were reg. $10.97 and $6.97...great for scrapbooking.Starting to mark down the Bounty paper towel big packs and Charmin to 15% off.

wow your Target still has those things left...... I was in 2 last week on Friday and they were all gone

If you're talking about the Tiki fountains .. they should have tons left since they are still charging $159.99 and not putting them on clearance ..

If you're talking about the Tiki fountains .. they should have tons left since they are still charging $159.99 and not putting them on clearance ..

Andrea, just double checking.

The fountains may be scanning clearance, and may not have been tagged or signed as such. Did you scan one to make sure? If so, keep checking on them on the day the Garden department appears to be marked down at your store. At least you know to watch them, compared to the typical Target 'guest.'

The section w/ the bulk items was pretty much all at 15% off now - mac & cheese, shampoo, body wash, fruit snacks, pull-ups, pampers wipes, etc. A few items like the granola bars, All detergent, were not on sale.

*kicks Target* grrrr major rant follows

Ok went to target today, went through the toy aisle

(which by the way varies from 15-50%)

Found like 10 things that had gone salvage aka rang up 0.00 when I scanned 'em

Now keep in mind this is the same target where I've gone before and picked up 0.00 items for 90% off before

Take them up to the register, cashier doesn't know what to do, cashier calls another worker, said worker scans them with a special scanner and says it's $4.05...to which I kindly explain it was salavage, I've been through this before and Customer Service did it at 90%

They call another person and THAT person says I can't have it, not even at $4ish...that the customer service rep (who at the time got the ok from the manager) was wrong to give me the other items blah blah blah

They need to bloody well clean out their salvage then GRAHHHHHHHH or get their collective crap together and figure out what that store's policy on salvage is and not tell me something different each time I go in.....I don't need to be doing their salvage collecting when I'm not even employed there :K

Ok rant over

Now if anybody finds Ice age 2 stuff or Hi hi Ami Puffy yummi stuff, there's a smallish chance you could get them for under a dollar....depends on your target GRAH

I have never gotten 90% off on salvage, except on seasonal items. Toys are always sold at 75% off for salvage at my store.

I have once seen a toy with a clearance sticker marked for 85% off, but only once. And it was marked that. If it scanned 0.00 or item not found, I am sure the best I would have gotten is 75% off.

I've lucked out so far with anything rining up for 0.00. Generally the person looks at me then the item then looks back at me and says "how's about $x.xx for this" This is starting to sound like a trend that cashiers are told they are not to sell items when they ring up for 0.00. That would be a bummer because I've made some huge find with item havong no price at all.

If you're on the lookout for an MP3 player, I just got a Samsung Yp-F1 for $75 at Target, 50% off. I usually wait until 75%, but the electronics at my store rarely make it that far. It's 1gb, has a built in FM radio, and voice recording capabilities. The only issue I've had with it is that it uses Windows Media player to sync with, and media player isn't the easiest program to use. Supposedly, the newest version is easier, but it's beta, so I'm waiting until they get the bugs out before downloading it.

The salvage at my store usually gets cleared out quickly, but I have gotten a few things(not recently though) I did stock up a bit for the holidays with their toy clearance though.

I have never gotten 90% off on salvage, except on seasonal items. Toys are always sold at 75% off for salvage at my store.

I have once seen a toy with a clearance sticker marked for 85% off, but only once. And it was marked that. If it scanned 0.00 or item not found, I am sure the best I would have gotten is 75% off.

Pam is 10000% correct, here.

I've lucked out so far with anything rining up for 0.00. Generally the person looks at me then the item then looks back at me and says "how's about $x.xx for this" This is starting to sound like a trend that cashiers are told they are not to sell items when they ring up for 0.00. That would be a bummer because I've made some huge find with item havong no price at all.

If you find the right cashier, they will either ask what you want it for or just type in a low price.

Went to my target today and did some christmas shopping got all for 75% off

Take along Bob The Builder 2-n-1 toys $3.74 got three different ones

Large plastic Tonka truck $4.98

Ballerina Leap pad book K-1st grade $3.74

Princess makeup $1.98

Barbie fashion plate $1.48

Large Bratz Doll that blows bubbles $7.48 ( don't really care for them but daughter really wants one and how can santa say no)

Barbie playset with phone, purse, glasses and plastic lipstick $5.24

Mermadia Barbie $2.98

Probably could have gotten more but I had the kids with me so it was hard to hide everything. Its a good thing some of it was for nieces an nephews. I think I might have to go back later without the kids.

Most of these toys were in the regular aisles with clearance tags and not in one spot so look down all aisles.

Yes, I was just coming to report that quite a few toys have gone to 75% off. It feels a little late to me, as I always thought it happened mid-July, but I'll take it!

So many are 75% off that there isn't enough endcaps at my Target for all of them to be displayed there. So definitely, look in the aisles, and scan anything you're interested in, just in case only one item was marked down and the team didn't put stickers on the rest of the inventory of the items.

My Target had lots of 75% toys on every aisle.Barbie computer was 50.xx now 12.00 Video Now PVDs, vsmile accesories.Lots of Bob the Builder,Elmo,Princess,Star Wars, Cars. Christmas and Birthdays are done.Check every aisle not just encaps. I am in Alabama

I don't know if this has been put up in this thread yet, but I was just at Target a couple of hours ago and there was a ton of stuff on clearance. Most of the toy aisles were practically bare! I was just there on Monday, and it wasn't like that.

Anyway, I picked up 2 Fashion Fever Barbie's with some kind of makeup stuff for $3.72 each (tag says 14.99 original), and 4 Fashion Fever clothing items (2 skirts, 2 shorts for Ken/Blaine/whoever) for $0.41 each (says $1.67 original or something around there). I'll be holding on to those for my nieces for Christmas :)

When we were by the pet food, there was a Barbie Mermaidia dress-up set on one of the end caps marked $2.48. (Went to TRU also, and they had the Fairytopia and Mermaidia dress-up sets for $8 something on mark-down).

Well, I headed out yesterday in hopes of finding a car, and birthday presents for my oldest DD who will be 7 on Sunday. My intent was to get her a cheapy digicam, maybe a $30 or so camera. WRONG! lOL. I hit 75% of toys, so i got alot, hhe. I got a Bratz Genie Magic genie, that she has been asking for forever, orig 39.99, marked 9.98. I got a Bratz Spring Break doll, 3.74. Baby Bratz, 1.95. Snow White doll 2.48. Video Now media wizards 1.24. I got toher toys as well. Also hit shoes at 75%, so I got the kids each some shoes at 3.xx each pair.

Wow - my store was completely wiped (although I did meet a woman with 2-cartloads full, so maybe she was the one who got to it all :cheesy: ), but I did get the Fairytopia Mermaidia Barbie for $2.98!

Also, picked up (2) of the Circo tank tops in the girls' section for 75% off ($1.24/each). My daughter loves to sleep in these.

Their bulk houshold items are currently 15% off (hoping to catch some of these on 30-50%), but would definitely be a good time to go through your coupons to save alot.

Wow - my store was completely wiped (although I did meet a woman with 2-cartloads full, so maybe she was the one who got to it all :cheesy: ), but I did get the Fairytopia Mermaidia Barbie for $2.98!

Also, picked up (2) of the Circo tank tops in the girls' section for 75% off ($1.24/each). My daughter loves to sleep in these.

Their bulk houshold items are currently 15% off (hoping to catch some of these on 30-50%), but would definitely be a good time to go through your coupons to save alot.

Yeah, I went on Monday and there were tons of the Mermaidia dolls, marked at $9.98 or something. There were none of them last night.