Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

Hi, i need to be refreshed on the ways of Target. I know that if you buy something there and within 30 days you find it cheaper that you can take your receipt back and get it for the lower current price but does that apply to clearence items?

For example i just bought a Lexmark All In One printer for 33% off and also a Casual Home Wood Banker Chair (pc chair) for 50%. If these are marked down again and they still have them in stock can i get a credit for the difference of the current price?

As a price adjustment? :no:

The way many people get items they already bought at cheaper clearance is to buy the item again and return the previously purchased item with the receipt for the higher price. If you didn't keep the receipt, the Guest Services desk can do a receipt look-up for any method of payment other than cash. However, if you will be re-buying the item with the same method of payment as the higher priced one, I suggest you have the new one to be bought in your cart but unbought at Guest Services, as Target will only refund the most recent or lower priced purchase of the same item if you are returning one of them on receipt look-up. Then you can go buy the lower priced item after making the return.

IME, Target will insist an item be held overnight before putting it back on the sales floor. I have never been able to return an item and then turn around and buy the exact item I returned at the lower price right away. So, if you plan to do this, make sure you have the item in your cart to buy at the lower price.

Excellent! Any idea if any bar-be-cue grills and fire bowls are included in this go around?

I know for sure that this firebowl is on sale at my Target I have been eyeing it all season.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0009RPWC0.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_.jpg

[[font="Tahoma"There are 2 Targets in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and they can have the same items with different prices...I love perimeter perusing at Target though! Does anyone know when the patio items will go 50% off?:g_shrug: [/font]

Read on another site that toys are starting to be clearanced - 30% off. Don't know if that's true or not.

Yes, they are-I was just in today. A good many of the toys in fact are clearanced and some are more than 30%. Some up to 50%. Got the First Act Discovery drum set (includes drum, sticks, maracas, tambourine and harmonica) all for 13.xx. Was originally 27.xx

You can see it here:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-8/qid=1151618095/ref=sr_1_8/601-0570149-9255333?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=B0002KJ2V6

Also, the grills and firepits were not on clearance at our target. :( Was hoping to pick up a bbq.

lots of Bratz and Polly pocket stuff, Barbie Mermaida stuff, Hello kitty... not on the end caps got to go into the isles

Me I'm still watching the 90's trivial pursuit, it's still 9.98 at my store...I see on the list it's $5something...so if anybody else's store gets it down to $5ish please let me know

At most Targets, the toy department is marked down on Wednesdays. That will vary by store, depending on if the mark down team gets behind in the items they need to get marked down. But generally, you should check toys on Wednesdays.

I am waiting for the beach towels to go lower, I will pick up some at 50% but really need to get quite a few but would love to find them at 75% but those types of clearance is hard to follow unless someone knows how they mark that stuff down.

Not RAOS towels, right? If they're part of the Domestics department, the schedule posted in the Newbie Guide (very first post of this thread) says the usual day for Domestics to be marked down is Tuesdays.

The length of time between markdowns can vary depending on how sales of the items at the current markdown are going. A Target with slower sales on the towels may mark them down lower two weeks after marking them at a lower pecentage, say 30% off, One where the towels are sellng rapidly at 30% off may stay at the 30% for a good month or more. It's only the seasonal items that follow a holiday type of schedule, or a special temporary department like the Global Bazaar, where all the stores seem to mark the items down at the same time.

However, if you know an item has been marked down at one Target, you can be pretty sure the same item will be marked down at all Targets eventually.

My neighbor went to Target yesterday and the beach towels were marked down to 50%, including the character ones for kids. When I was there earlier in the week the toys were being marked down. I asked a sales associate when they would be marked down lower and she said that it all depends on how they are sellling. If they sell well at 30% then they will keep them at 30%, if they don't sell well, then they will mark them down further.

I am still waiting for this to go 75% off it has been 50% off in my stores for like 2-3 weeks.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_5/602-6743239-0855031?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000CD9ZYC

This item is only 30% off in my store and we are desparately hoping it hangs around so it can go at least 50 off! I thought it was very nice but wasn't sure I would get it. Today hubby and I were in Target picking up some stuff and we walked by them again and HE mentions that hopefully it will go 50% off soon! Got him trained!!

I was at Target either Thursday or Friday and they had full size leather footballs with real laces on clearance for $4 and change, normally $19.99. We got one.

Also they had some small pink soccers on clearance for around $3 and change. And full size basketballs for around $3.