Sharper Image Literati reader

kathytheshopper

I see Best Buy has their Literati readers on sale for $79.99. I had gotten two at Kohls so I took my ad over and they matched it. Plus I had 15% off AND there's a $10.00 rebate! That will make them $58.00 (plus tax) after the rebate. For that price, even if they aren't that great, it's still worth it. I've got one already wrapped for my daughter-in-law. I'm not sure what I'm doing with the extra one-I might keep it for me. I read all the time. Fun!

WOW, just found a $30.00 rebate on here. That will make them $38.00 after the rebate.

Edited by kathytheshopper
addtl info

Kohl's matched Best Buy's price of $79.99 then I had a 30% off coupon,bringing it down to $56.

Minus the $30 rebate (expires 12/26!) AND my $10 Kohl's Cash,

I got this for $16! (the price on the sticker says $249.99)

:eyepoppin

It is a full color screen but not touch screen and it's preloaded with 150 books but you have access to over 2 million books.

The hard drive is only 4 gb but it is expandable to 32 gb.

THANK YOU Kathy for posting this awesome deal!

Kohl's matched Best Buy's price of $79.99 then I had a 30% off coupon,bringing it down to $56.

Minus the $30 rebate (expires 12/26!) AND my $10 Kohl's Cash,

I got this for $16! (the price on the sticker says $249.99)

:eyepoppin

It is a full color screen but not touch screen and it's preloaded with 150 books but you have access to over 2 million books.

The hard drive is only 4 gb but it is expandable to 32 gb.

THANK YOU Kathy for posting this awesome deal!

WOW!! I sure was wishing for a 30% off! That's an amazing deal!

it's not quite as good but there is a free ship over $50 and 20% off online code. I just did it online total was 84. Will still have the rebate and Kohls cash. so it would be 44. Don't have a kohls charge, and didn't want to load 3 kids in the car! Will be boxing a picture for Christmas though, even thier "priority" is after Christmas.

I asked an associate at the return desk if I could price match BB's ad. She said yes they would price match it. The cashier wouldn't let us price match it when they realized it was a $20 price differance and there's a $30 rebate on it.

It was still pretty reasonable with the Kohls cash and the 15% off discount but I wanted to get it cheaper. lol

I picked up two of them yesterday. The manager checked me out so I did not think they would price match AND give me the 30%. She did! After tax and subtracting the $10 Kohls cash for each, it cost me $20.50. I homeschool the seven kids so this will be really helpful. There are 25 pre-loaded classic books. About 19 of them are books that my children are required to study in their literature programs. You have access to >150 books on the Kobo site plus many more via other sites. I hope to be able to use it for the library e-books. I must say it is not nears as nice as the Kindle but for the money, you cannot beat it.

Page turning is a little persnickety!

My DD is reading Little Women right now as I type.

I now see Best Buy has the Literati reader on sale for $49.99 online. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/The+Sharper+Image+-+Literati+Digital+Reader+-+Black/1215556.p?id=1218234934099&skuId=1215556

Has anyone tried to price match this new price with Kohl's? I want to try it!

Everyone still loving their Literati? I suppose if I get it for under $30. it is worth a try!

I now see Best Buy has the Literati reader on sale for $49.99 online. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/The+Sharper+Image+-+Literati+Digital+Reader+-+Black/1215556.p?id=1218234934099&skuId=1215556

Has anyone tried to price match this new price with Kohl's? I want to try it!

Everyone still loving their Literati? I suppose if I get it for under $30. it is worth a try!

Good luck with price matching it at Kohls. I tried to price match it at $79.99 but my Kohl's wouldn't price match it because of the rebate. I contacted Kohls and asked about their price matching policy and basically told that the manager can do whatever they want.

I did buy one at $99 with a 15% off coupon and the $30 rebate and received the Kohl's cash for the purchase. I bought it for DH and he loves it so far. I have a Nook but I may swipe his reader. LOL.

Hopefully your store's manager will let you pricematch. I would give it a try if I were you. Good luck!

I bought one of these on Black Friday from Hastings Bookstore. Took it back within 3 days. I never could get it to connect to the internet/wi-fi no matter what I did. It is not very user friendly at all. Maybe I just got a "bad" one but I definitely thought it was a bomb. :( Hope everyone else has better luck with theirs!

• 2 weeks later...

I bought one of these on Black Friday from Hastings Bookstore. Took it back within 3 days. I never could get it to connect to the internet/wi-fi no matter what I did. It is not very user friendly at all. Maybe I just got a "bad" one but I definitely thought it was a bomb. :( Hope everyone else has better luck with theirs!

I am having the same problem with it not connecting to WiFi and will not sync even when directly connected. I'm going to return mine also. Also, they don't have much customer support and other consumer reviews tell of the same problem with not syncing. :(

Borders has the Kobo wifi reader for 99.99 right now for Borders members. Maybe I'll try that.

I am having the same problem with it not connecting to WiFi and will not sync even when directly connected. I'm going to return mine also. Also, they don't have much customer support and other consumer reviews tell of the same problem with not syncing. :(

Borders has the Kobo wifi reader for 99.99 right now for Borders members. Maybe I'll try that.

I sent mine back to Overstock last week. I had trouble with the Wifi too. It also would barely hold a charge. I ordered a refurb nook from ebay!