Difference Between Black Friday Sites?

Verity

I was at the Black Friday 2005 site and I saw an advertisement for Official Black Friday Deals, so I clicked it and it brought me here. Do you guys have different deals or something? I thought Black Friday was all the same information?

:greenappl

The ads are the same (or will be once they start coming out). There are just multiple sites that have them and each site has different features. We've been doing this for many years now and there are new sites popping up each year that try to do the same thing. The old "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" saying applies here.

Most of them do it to try and make money from ads (you clicking on the ad at the other site proves that). We don't need ads (in fact we pay to have ads shown elsewhere instead :) ) We think that we are simply the best site as we have this busy forum, plus many great features on the main BF site such as the new-ad notifications, the personalized shopping list, etc...

But, you have commission based links like FatWallet right?

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/Sales/Category/toys

Isn't that the same thing? Except one is an ad, one is an affiliate link?

I wouldn't say it's the same thing personally, the deals are at sites you'll be buying from in any case so it's not like they're reccomending something because someone is paying them to do it.

With the Google Adwords an advertiser just has to pay per click fees and they'll be listed, Gottadeal seems to be linking to what they'd be reccomending in any case so you aren't being mislead with ads.

Exactly. The two things are different. Ads (such as Google Adsense) add nothing to a site and exist only to make $ for the site owner. Having affiliate links for some items is a transparent way to also make $ while not annoying visitors and taking up valuable screen real estate with traditional ads. The same thing applies to the main GD site.

I don't know what the other sites have because I don't go there...but I really like the features Brad and Ross had last year. You could very easily find sale lists by store and by type of item, you could customize email alerts for certain stores, you could make a shopping list by checking off which things you wanted from various stores...GREAT organizational/planning tools.

that check list was the COOLEST!

you checked off the items you wanted and then you could print the list out, have it each store seperated and only those checked items. Made it all very streamline and very simple for hubby to understand.

Yes, the shopping list works very similar this year except it actually saves your list, so when each ad comes out you can select the items from that store and it'll be saved. You can try it out now on the site using last year's items so you know how it works - just click the "MY SHOPPING LIST" link at the top of the page.

The shopping list requires a forum account (so we can save your list with your username), so those of you lurking will have to register for the forum to use it this year.

I didnt know there were other bf list...lol...I found this on last yr and again this yr so I have no need to go else where...I live in a little town and have to drive 50 minutes to got to another small town and shop...they dont have alot of shopping centers so this site has the ones I need...I wish there was a BIGLOT bf list...lol...we have NO TARGET...NO TRU....NO KB TOYS...NO SEARS....nothing nada......