Will the price of gas affect your BF shopping?

Angelseyes28

Here in Canada we're paying $1.06/litre the price just dropped 10cents a litre 2 days ago, which works out $3.37 US a gallon, so you guys still have bargain gas south of the border! Won't stop us, just encourage me to make sure I " fill 'er 'til she spills" before heading home!

It won't affect me. I live less than 10 minutes away from most of the stores (wal-mart, target, best buy, circuit city, office max, etc.). Only Staples is about 30 minutes away and we don't have a CompUSA in town. The closest CompUSA from where I live is in downtown Chicago, which is about 2 hours away.

I haven't filled up my one vehicle for 3 weeks. Im stay at home mom so I don't have to go places all the time. Now I conserve gas by staying home and only going out if needed and for the kids after school stuff.

All my BF stores are relatively close. A bonus this year is Target moved in up the street

Not at all, I am driving DH's truck this year (mine is wrecked in the garage) so I will just burn up his gas!

Seriously, I would shop wherever regardless. I usually fill up the day before Thanksgiving, so I am ready to roll on Friday. We don't run around much anyway so $40 in gas isn't going to kill me.

My sister in law and I have a system, I drive, she pays for breakfast and lunch. DH and I have "almost" twin SUVs, lot of room to fill up with the bargains!

Yep we Hot Dealers commonly refer to FREE AFTER REBATE as FAR :)

That's impressive mileage, is it diesel?

28mpg is impressive? That's sad.... If a diesel got that, then either something's wrong or you're talking about a really old diesel (my 85 Mercedes gets almost 30mpg highway, so city mileage would probably be a tad under 28mpg).

Rising gas prices don't really affect us since:

• We drive a fuel efficient Honda Accord 4 cylinder.
  • We earn 5% cash back with our CitiBank credit card (which has no annual fee).
  • We only drive 6,000 miles per year, roughly 1/3 the annual average.
  • I refuse to buy into the hype that gas is going to skyrocket and everyone will be buying scooters.

Everyone IS buying scooters! On our way back home yesterday, I saw what looked to be two large scooters, would have thought they were regular motorcycles at first. Two-seaters, windshield, all that stuff (didn't get a much better look than that). We also saw a scooter strapped to the back of an RV with a milk crate attached to the back (where a trunk would normally go). Plus there are two crazy people in town here who have bought two full-size electric scooters (full-size as in, they're two-seaters, have working lights, etc...not the kiddie scooters at Toys 'R Us). Of course, those crazy people are us.

I buy EVERYTHING on BF ONLINE! Toys R us has great deals and free shipping....and I hate those old ladies that elbow me and run me over with their carts.

Problem is, my boys are almost completely out of the "toy" stage. But I found great Narnia stuff that is coming out in Nov. at TRU online, and still got the free ship and BOGO on board games....even the Narnia GBA game....

All I'll need to get is stuffing stuffers at the Dollar Store.

:2dog:

Gas went down again this morning. Its now $2.39 a gallon. Its pretty bad though you get excited over that price!

It's $2.89 a gal. in my neck of the woods, down from $3.29. Scooters are great if: a) you don't live in the country, and B) it never snows where you are.

When you can get free shipping online, it pays to stay home on BF, alhtough I do admit it's great fun!

It's $2.89 a gal. in my neck of the woods, down from $3.29. Scooters are great if: a) you don't live in the country, and B) it never snows where you are.

When you can get free shipping online, it pays to stay home on BF, alhtough I do admit it's great fun!

Hrm, I live out in the country AND it snows here. To make matters worse, we live on a road that has "Hill" in its name (so, it's pretty steep to say the least). That's ok though, we just use them when we want to ride around, or go somewhere locally (not much to do), and drive a car everywhere else (work, shopping, whatever).

Cinnamon-

Go to photobucket.com/albums/y160/sgtboots2002

There are some pics of the huskies in the family. Total of 11 - Dad has 10, I have 1. Only one red in the bunch!

OH I want to take them all home! After i got over the smashed-up Isuzu, the pictures were cute! :)

Cindy (short for Cinnamon) looks almost identical to the red husky.

Still haven't figured out how to cut and paste here.

Nope...we moved to a different town this year...and there is NO WalMart here...so I have to drive an hour to even go...but it's a tradition!!

OMG!!! I couldn't imagine being that far from a Wal-Mart. Especially since we're usually there several times a week. Pathetic, I know, but we just can't help it. There's seems to always something that we need. And you just can't beat the prices there.:runaway: