Will the price of gas affect your BF shopping?

Angelseyes28

It won't affect me personally, but I know it will hurt a lot of people in my neighborhood. We don't have any big retail stores here other than Walmart, everything else is about an hour away. I bet there is going to be a pretty good increase in online sales.

It won't affect me personally, but I know it will hurt a lot of people in my neighborhood. We don't have any big retail stores here other than Walmart, everything else is about an hour away. I bet there is going to be a pretty good increase in online sales.

It's the same here. I live in the country and the closest walmart and target store is about 20 min away. Everything else is 30-45 min. I'm going to try to get several people together to BF shop this year. That way we can carpool.

I just love the words FREE AFTER REBATE so much that it prolly will NOT affect my BF habits...lol

Besdies, maybe I don't drive a HONDA, but I DO drive a VW that gets 28 MPG city, so I'm pretty good there....

Yep we Hot Dealers commonly refer to FREE AFTER REBATE as FAR :)

That's impressive mileage, is it diesel?

Guest DigDoug

Nope, it will not. I have decided I am not going to stop living my life because of gas prices. I just started dating a new girl that isn't exactly close, but I'm not letting the price of gas stop me from dating her.

I'm just going to eat PB&J during the week. ;)

Nope, it will not. I have decided I am not going to stop living my life because of gas prices. I just started dating a new girl that isn't exactly close, but I'm not letting the price of gas stop me from dating her.

I'm just going to eat PB&J during the week. ;)

Congrats on the new girl!:clapping:

No, because every last store in the area is either practically across the street or all the way across town, and the nearby ones don't have what I need...so if I need toys/clothes/appliances/electronics/*whatever*...I tend to wind up at the mall, at TRU, or Target, and those are all a 20 min to half hour drive. So really that encourages me to do BF because I can get deals on things that one day and not have to make multiple trips down there.

• 2 weeks later...

It will affect all of us. Remember all those great deals have to be trucked to the stores. An increase in gas prices will mean an increase in a stores prices.

My hope is that loss leaders still bring in enough customers that purchase more items, for the stores to keep up the BF practice. I generally purchase just the lowest priced items and not much more.

Sorry my first post sounds so negative, but I am a addicted BF shopper so I will be out and about.

Keep up the good work GottaDeal and all posters on hot deals.

Guest Deals4Me
Affect me? Nah. Darren's new job is so close, we can spit on it. Its accross the street. by car, 1 minute... LITTERALLY. So he walks. We will PROBABLY be driving up to his moms...and spending the night. Spendng the night either way. I cant stand my local walmart. So I will go the 45 minutes to there..

Won't affect my decision to go or my shopping! Prices have come down to about $2.77 here and have remained steady for about a week. I too am hoping that they will come down more before Thanksgiving gets here.

All of the stores I plan to hit are in the same area and are only 3 miles or so from my home.

I will be going for the great deals, of course, and if those don't appear to be on the horizon than I may not do as much shopping, but I'll still go.