Official Black Friday Line Reports

bigjimslade

Some people must not have to earn a living, thus having all this time on their hands to wait in pointless lines, for so called deals. just think how many kids that will do without you could help with all that extra time to waste on a line and money spent on gas for generators, etc,etc. Lets see......a week in line at Minimum wage of $7.75 per hour times 40 hours.....$310 minimum in lost wages...times people in your group..... WOW with 5 people in your group....that savings you got only cost you $1550 for those BIG savings.

Like PT Barnum once said..there's a sucker born every minute...LOL

Some people must not have to earn a living, thus having all this time on their hands to wait in pointless lines, for so called deals. just think how many kids that will do without you could help with all that extra time to waste on a line and money spent on gas for generators, etc,etc. Lets see......a week in line at Minimum wage of $7.75 per hour times 40 hours.....$310 minimum in lost wages...times people in your group..... WOW with 5 people in your group....that savings you got only cost you $1550 for those BIG savings.

Kids are doing without whether they stand in line or not, and maybe they have PTO and make more than minimum wage. Maybe they volunteer the other 350 odd days and donate to toys to tots. Get off your high horse.

Okay, who invited Debbie downer????? lol

They could all be on vacation, they could volunteer, give to toys for tots, etc and you wouldn't know. It's amazing To me that it's so easy for people to assume the negative instead of the positive. You don't know these people and have no idea what their reality is...

Just a dose of the real world, not the fantasy world of shopaholics

Sometimes people's "fantasy worlds" are they only way they can deal with their real world. I guess you do not participate in such things as reading, watching movies, playing pretend with your kids or daydreaming. If people want to spend their time surrounded by family and/or friends waiting in line and making memories, having some laughs and creating traditions, who are you to judge? The problem with society is that people think it's their role to judge and "police" people whom they know nothing about. What seems stupid or trivial to some, means the world to others.

To those in line - Keep up the updating and good luck!! :cheesy:

report from the Florida couple at Best Buy, just visited the store, they were no where to be seen, tents still up but nobody around, 2 tents is all i saw. I have 2 pictures I need to upload

If I showed up and there were empty tents there, I think I would go the the head of the line. But only if I was going to stay...

If I showed up and there were empty tents there, I think I would go the the head of the line. But only if I was going to stay...

I would wait maybe 30 minutes in case they had to use the restroom but a minute longer I'm moving to the front. This is BF not a parade...

I would wait maybe 30 minutes in case they had to use the restroom but a minute longer I'm moving to the front. This is BF not a parade...

30 minutes in the bathroom? lol If they are in there that long then they have bigger problems than me taking their place in line lol......just sayin. Btw, "not a parade" is hilarious!!! lol

Obviously jealous.

Was at Best Buy today to get my daughter Santa Paws and there were 5 people in line. All guys probably early twenties... freezing their butts off. It was 22 degrees out. Thats nuts.... saving a couple hundred bucks I am ALL for, getting hypothermia or frostbite I am not. LOL

Edited to add... Everett, WA.

Good luck to all of you that are braver than me and waiting in line.i can only take the line for a short time LOL!! I do know what you mean about it being a tradition. Even if i didn't need anything i would stilll go out on black friday and find something . It's all about the day :)

Originally Posted by enoreeman

Just a dose of the real world, not the fantasy world of shopaholics

Sucker born every minute.. don't think so.. These people could be unemployed, or in college and only way to afford to get something.. you are right, a dose of the real world is what you seem to be getting.. wake up and smell the coffee, not everyone in life has money to burn. Would you like to hand some money out so others do not have to wait in long lines to get the deals?

So you come to a message board dedicated to those who enjoy BF and the deals to be had there for what reason? Looks to me like the reason is a pathetic attempt to make yourself feel better about being such a wanker that you have to insult others. I wonder if you are aware of how many people are laughing at you?

I'd wait in line for several days for some anti-troll spray so that I could hose you down with it.

Geesh, just go away!

Maybe I'll watch the news tonight... Shame you are on the other side of town, I'd come pay a visit... LOL

Always welcome! We are roasing in the hot Florida Sun. Been on numerous telecasts, and it is a high compliment when news folk brag that they got the scoop on the people with the better camp setup! A lady from Gottadeal forums visited me today. was that you?:)

So you come to a message board dedicated to those who enjoy BF and the deals to be had there for what reason? Looks to me like the reason is a pathetic attempt to make yourself feel better about being such a wanker that you have to insult others. I wonder if you are aware of how many people are laughing at you?

I'd wait in line for several days for some anti-troll spray so that I could hose you down with it.

Geesh, just go away!

Well said! We have some trolls that come out to heckle, but when they find out that some of the deals developed like the WII/TV combo and the $189 Laptop, they change their demeanor and drive away....

Got back from Walmart in Buffalo,NY around 4pm,a lot of people just walking around and a lot of pallets out for the midnight deals,but no ballons to mark the big ticket items and no actual formed lines.

Seems like it would be very easy to go in at any time and stock up on most of the 12:01 deals and just hold them in your cart,no one is really watching any of pallets including the videos and games and get what you need with out a real hassel.