Official Black Friday Line Reports

bigjimslade

Here you can post info on the lines forming in your area and also use this as a check out thread before you head out to camp.

While I am not camping yet here is a line report already

St. Pete couple in line a week early for Black Friday

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/nov/18/190004/st-pete-couple-in-line-a-week-early-for-black-frid/news-breaking/

I know this is heresy on this site, but this is just ridiculous. Giving them Ipads only compounds the problem. And since they have 10 people taking turns, you can bet that at 5:00 on BF the first 10 spaces in that line are already taken. IMHO it's things like this that will eventually result in Black Halloween.

BB has absolutely NOTHING worth doing this for. IMO BB is living off a reputation that they built 6 or 7 years ago. They've stunk since CC went out of business and had no competition. HHGregg is coming up, but their prices are worse than BB's. I think someone should have these folks evaluated for mental fitness.

I agree that BB is way overpriced on everything, there are several CompUSA stores in the Tampa area and they have online prices in the stores, the only thing BB is good for is listening to the brainwashed sales people trying desperately to sucker people into buying Monster Cables, which in a digital world are totally a waste of money.

There is no way in the world I am going to camp out for a week in front of a store for anything, I could be out making money to buy better stuff for my money.

The $198 laptops are Celerons for petes sake, single core sludge pumps, spend some more money and get something with some real power like a intel Core i3 or even better an i5, do not waste money on a Celeron. Thats like buying a Corvette with a lawn mower engine in it.

I know this is heresy on this site, but this is just ridiculous. Giving them Ipads only compounds the problem. And since they have 10 people taking turns, you can bet that at 5:00 on BF the first 10 spaces in that line are already taken. IMHO it's things like this that will eventually result in Black Halloween.

I thought it would be interesting if they got the ipads and left. :D I think next year, someone will go two weeks early, set up, get their "First In Line" prize and leave. I wonder if those people realize that they have to pay taxes on their prize?

Just curious, what are you hoping to get? Good luck to you, there is NOTHING I would wait in line for anywhere, for that long lol.

Its really a tail gate party that happens to go on for a few days and happens to end on BF. We have fun with it and get some nice things for friends and family.

You are crazy! Are you a college kid? Those seem like the ones that are in line for days. ;) What are you getting anyway?

Why yes, I am! Thank you very much. My setup is two pop up screen rooms, one with a picnic table for games, and the other for my command center. I have a cantenna on a tripod to catch the WIFI signal to utilize up to 3 laptops. We are using a combination of electricity and generators for power. We currently have 5 tents setup as well. I have a kitchen in between my tent and the command center. It has been a crazy day to say the least. I have been called hardcore by more people than you can imagine, but I win most of the people over with humor and shopping know-how. BTW, I turn 50 on Black Friday, so there goes your theory on youth out the window. I also know of many in the over 40 group that are among the most prepared out there. I am here for others as well as myself and it is a tradition they have come to expect.

The $189 laptops are now an added bonus.

Why yes, I am! Thank you very much. My setup is two pop up screen rooms, one with a picnic table for games, and the other for my command center. I have a cantenna on a tripod to catch the WIFI signal to utilize up to 3 laptops. We are using a combination of electricity and generators for power. We currently have 5 tents setup as well. I have a kitchen in between my tent and the command center. It has been a crazy day to say the least. I have been called hardcore by more people than you can imagine, but I win most of the people over with humor and shopping know-how. BTW, I turn 50 on Black Friday, so there goes your theory on youth out the window. I also know of many in the over 40 group that are among the most prepared out there. I am here for others as well as myself and it is a tradition they have come to expect.

The $189 laptops are now an added bonus.

Sounds like you are having fun!

My dad goes to the Vintage Grand Prix race at Mid-Ohio every year and sets up his tent with a kitchen. He sits outside all day in 90 degree heat and humidity watching the races. He barely gets the chance to shower (ick!) but he has so much fun! He has made quite a few friends up there and they meet back each year to grill filet and drink good scotch. He LOVES it!

Even though they are different events, as I was reading your post I realized how similar they actually are.

Have fun. Enjoy yourself and like I always tell my Dad, stay out of trouble!:D