Stashing an item before BF

JohnnyCNote

I was wondering if I went to a store a day or so before BF, found an item I know will be on sale, then hid it behind other items, or even put it in a different part of the store, then returned on BF and retrieved it.

Of course, there's always a risk a clerk could find it and return it to its spot, but has anyone ever tried this, especially in cases where a store may not do price adjustments on items purchased before BF?

It may not work for some things, for example DVDs/Blu-Rays at Walmart since Walmart puts special stickers on their movies that verify that they are part of the BF deal. Also, I believe, many BF deals have a common or special scan code and if you hid something that was scanned in with the BF group, the sku may not register the correct price. The cashier may or may not question it.

Personally I don't agree with stashing just because it feels a bit like cheating...but again that is just my opinion.

It may not work for some things, for example DVDs/Blu-Rays at Walmart since Walmart puts special stickers on their movies that verify that they are part of the BF deal. Also, I believe, many BF deals have a common or special scan code and if you hid something that was scanned in with the BF group, the sku may not register the correct price. The cashier may or may not question it.

Personally I don't agree with stashing just because it feels a bit like cheating...but again that is just my opinion.

I completely agree. I think it is cheating and not fair to anyone else.

Last year my son and I were wondering around TRU before Black Friday when we came across a stray Zhu Zhu Pet that everyone was wanting. I thought my friend might be interested in it so we stashed it in the oven of a play kitchen set that was on a shelf. Unfortunately we forgot all about it until a couple weeks later...I checked and the little guy was still there! So I bought him for the Angel Tree..didn't want him to not have a home on Christmas!