What foods do you ALWAYS get asked to make during the holidays?

Angelseyes28

Dump cake is probably the easiest cake in the world to make. It is actually more of a dessert than a cake. My granny always called it this but it could be called something else.

1 box of yellow cake mix

1 can of cherry pie filling

1 can of crushed pineapple

2 sticks of melted butter

Pour the cherry pie filling in bottom of cake pan and spread it out.Pour pineapples on top of that and even out..Sprinkle dry cake mix over the pineapples.Pour the butter evenly over the dry cake mix.Bake @ 350 for about 45 minutes.

Ok, i want to try this, but how does the cherry pie filling not stick/burn to the bottom of the cake pan?

And once it's done do you dump/flip it out or what? or is it upside down cake?

I know that sounds dumb, but ,<shrug> had to ask.

Dump cake is probably the easiest cake in the world to make. It is actually more of a dessert than a cake. My granny always called it this but it could be called something else.

1 box of yellow cake mix

Pour the cherry pie filling in bottom of cake pan and spread it out.Pour pineapples on top of that and even out..Sprinkle dry cake mix over the pineapples.Pour the butter evenly over the dry cake mix.Bake @ 350 for about 45 minutes.

I make this every year

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Broccoli-Cheddar-Casserole

http://hostedmedia.reimanpub.com/TOH/Images/Photos/37/exps3694_TH0885C33D.jpg

12-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing

Ingredients

8 cups chopped fresh broccoli

1 cup finely chopped onion

3/4 cup butter, cubed

12 eggs

2 cups heavy whipping cream

2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided

2 teaspoons salt

1 teaspoon pepper

Directions

In a skillet over medium heat, saute broccoli and onion in butter until crisp-tender; set aside. In a bowl, beat eggs. Add cream and 1-3/4 cups of cheese; mix well. Stir in the broccoli mixture, salt and pepper. Pour into a greased 3-qt. baking dish; set in a large pan filled with 1 in. of hot water.

Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.

Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 298 calories, 27 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 238 mg cholesterol, 535 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.

and this

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Pretzel-Dessert

http://hostedmedia.reimanpub.com/TOH/Images/Photos/37/exps15752_TH10194C13.jpg

16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling

Ingredients

2 cups crushed pretzels

3/4 cup sugar

3/4 cup butter

2 envelopes whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)

1 cup cold milk

1 teaspoon Spice Islands®, All Natural, No Corn Syrup Added, Pure Vanilla Extract

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened

1 cup confectioners' sugar

1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling

Directions

In a large bowl, combine the pretzels, sugar and butter; set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Press the remaining mixture into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish.

In a large bowl, beat the whipped topping mix, milk and vanilla on high speed for 4 minutes or until soft peaks form. Add cream cheese and confectioners' sugar; beat until smooth.

Spread half over crust. Top with pie filling and remaining cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with reserved pretzel mixture. Refrigerate overnight. Yield: 16 servings.

I also have been making this for 27 years, Thanksgiving and Christmas

Corn-Mushroom Bake

1/4 cup all purpose flour

1 17 oz can cream style corn

1 3- oz cream cheese cut into cubes

1/2 ts onion salt

1 17 oz whole kernel corn drained

1 4 oz can mushrooms pieces and stems drained

1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese

1 1/2 cups soft bread crumbs

2 tablespoons butter or Margarine melted

in saucepan stir flour into cream style corn, add cream cheese and onion salt heat and stir till cream cheese is melted, stir in whole kernel corn, mushrooms, and swiss cheese. Turn Mixture into 1-1/2 quart casserole, toss bread crumbs with melted butter or margarine, sprinkle crumbs a top casserole bake in 350 oven 40 minutes or until heated though makes 6-8 servings

Edited by Illinoismom

My broccoli casserole would make Paula Deen cringe.lol

Broccoli steamed and put in a casserole dish. Cover with pats of butter(real salted butter please no margarine) Slice velveeta and lay slices over broccoli till covered. Crumble enough Ritz to cover all put on top. Top those crackers with more pats of butter. Bake 350 till bubbly and melty. So bad....so good.

dump cake is probably the easiest cake in the world to make. It is actually more of a dessert than a cake. My granny always called it this but it could be called something else.

1 box of yellow cake mix

pour the cherry pie filling in bottom of cake pan and spread it out.pour pineapples on top of that and even out..sprinkle dry cake mix over the pineapples.pour the butter evenly over the dry cake mix.bake @ 350 for about 45 minutes.

sounds uymmy!!!do u drain the pineapple??

Is this hard to make? It sure sounds Real good? do you have a recipe?

Sorry it took me so long to post the recipe.

Chocolate Pecan Pie

2 regular pie crusts (not deep dish, I use frozen)

1 cup light corn syrup

1/2 cup sugar

1/4 cup magarine or butter, melted

1 teaspoon vanilla

3 eggs

1 & 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (almost a whole 12oz. bag)

1 & 3/4 cups pecans- broken in several pieces

- Heat oven to 325

In large bowl, combine corn syrup, sugar, butter, vanilla, and eggs; beat well with mixer. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans. Divide evenly into the 2 pie crusts. Bake at 325 for 65 minutes or until golden brown and filling is set. Cool completely.

Make sure that the middle of the pie is completely set before you take it out b/c I have taken it out too early and the middle is too gooey. Hope you like it as much as our family does!

For some reason, no one seems to think we're capable of making food. We bring bread products. In all fairness we do have the best bakeries, but still, it's like they think we can't cook!

Man, I should be so lucky! When we do go to other people's houses they give us a list, in fact, we're not going but DH and the boys still spent the day making bourbon cranberry sauce for 3 different households + us... Oh joy! And I bet he forgot to make it for his doctor that he will see on Wednesday.

Man, I should be so lucky! When we do go to other people's houses they give us a list, in fact, we're not going but DH and the boys still spent the day making bourbon cranberry sauce for 3 different households + us... Oh joy! And I bet he forgot to make it for his doctor that he will see on Wednesday.

Can you please share the recipe?

Well this is a first for me, especially coming from my picky-eater kids - 2 of my 3 kids asked me during the days leading to Thanksgiving Dinner - 'are you going to make your Green Bean Casserole?'

I did, and I still don't know what's so special about it, but I'm glad that they like it that much - they ate almost all of it!

LUKESMOM01 thanks SOOO much for the chocolate peacan pie recipe... I made 2 of them and it was SOOO easy and YUMMMMY!!!

I will be making this again for sure!

we had lots of sweets, so i'll be waiting till christmas to make the dump cake

(smile)

I am glad you liked it. **wishing I had a piece now** :D