What foods do you ALWAYS get asked to make during the holidays?

Angelseyes28

Seeing everyone talking about Thanksgiving dinners, appetizers etc., it made me think of things that I always get asked to make during the holidays.

Three things come to mind right off the top of my head.

1. Sausage balls

2. Dirt Cake

3. Green Bean Casserole(I don't mind that one, it's quick and easy lol)

Soooo what are some of the things that ya'll get asked to make every year?

OOH You need to post the recipe when you have time! I would love to try it:)

Broccoli Casserole recipe:

while broccoli is steaming, get a sauce pan and combine Two cans of cream of mushroom soup, a can full of milk (I fill one of the empty soup cans) and an 8 oz pkg of cream cheese and let them simmer until cream cheese is smooth. I put the drainned broccoli in a large casserole and pour the soup mixture over top. I crumble two sleeves of ritz crackers (add some melted butter to them) and sprinkle on top. Cover with tin foil, Cook in oven for 30 min take tin foil off and cook for another ten minutes til golden brown. YUMMY!

Broccoli Casserole recipe:

while broccoli is steaming, get a sauce pan and combine Two cans of cream of mushroom soup, a can full of milk (I fill one of the empty soup cans) and an 8 oz pkg of cream cheese and let them simmer until cream cheese is smooth. I put the drainned broccoli in a large casserole and pour the soup mixture over top. I crumble two sleeves of ritz crackers (add some melted butter to them) and sprinkle on top. Cover with tin foil, Cook in oven for 30 min take tin foil off and cook for another ten minutes til golden brown. YUMMY!

Thanks! That sounds so good, I'm definitely gonna have to try it!

Roasted Brussel sprouts

Peppermint bark

Hot chocolate with fresh whip cream

Apple cider

My Mom's stuffing

My Dad's mashed potatoes

and when we watch football my husband asks me to make Hanky Pank(y)s. My aunt used to make them. They look a bit gross and the velveeta is far from natural, but I must admit they are good. Now I make mine with natural sausage, organic rye bread and velveeta:D

Cook sausage, add velveeta and let melt. Mix it all together and then spread on to party rye bread slices and heat in the oven on 350 until the bread is lightly toasted.

Recipe for the salsa please!

Pineapple Salsa

1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple, chopped

1 cup plum tomatoes, chopped

1/2 cup red onion, chopped

1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped

1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped

juice of 1 lime

1/4 tsp salt

1 tbsp olive oil

1/4 fresh cilantro, chopped

We leave some of the jalapeno seeds in for extra spice. This year my husband is going to add a little orange bell pepper and blue tortilla chips for extra color. This is always a big hit and not too filling as an appetizer.