Anyone else staying home this BF?

Jen8112

I'm a little disappointed with the ads this year. Maybe it's because they don't have what I'm looking for or I just don't think the prices are where they should be. I know there are still a few "big" ads to come out but so far it looks like me and my laptop curled up on the couch for BF this year. ;)

In all honesty... It's not because the ads aren't that great... It's because the stores are putting such good deals NOW. I'm done with my daughter and 95% done with my son.

Such great pre- BF deals that I'm buying now and may not go out (or have to go out). At this point I would be impulse shopping if I went to too many places on BF.

My two kids are ages 16 and 10. Both are electronic and gaming kids. No toys here.

I wanted to stay home!! I was really hoping nothing would be there to draw me out, funds are low and BF can get out of hand. But since the TRU ad came out I now have to go wait in a line. Must have the Santa Sing-a-ma-jig! Target looks pretty good with the kids pj's and jeans and my mom is thinking of getting the kids the dual dvd player for our car. My mom told me about the world wide cotton shortage and prices going up next year, so those jeans and other clothes on BF are looking better and better.

In all honesty... It's not because the ads aren't that great... It's because the stores are putting such good deals NOW. I'm done with my daughter and 95% done with my son.

Such great pre- BF deals that I'm buying now and may not go out (or have to go out). At this point I would be impulse shopping if I went to too many places on BF.

My two kids are ages 16 and 10. Both are electronic and gaming kids. No toys here.

You know what I think your right. I'm 95% done with DD5 and got everything on sale. Between TRU, Target, Walmart and Kmart toy sales I'm almost done! I do want to get DS10 a netbook and haven't seen any good deals on those. Hopefully I can grab one online! :)

I definitely won't be staying home, I live for BF and being out in the crowds and the excitement even if it's just to go to Kmart for 3 things lol

Oddly enough though the more ads that come out the less excited I am and less stores I plan on going too because they just aren't what I was expecting.

I am still holding out for something superb from the Meijer and Kmart ads though lol

I still think it is funny that the king of Black Friday does not do Black Friday. Have you ever been? And driving by the stores at 2am does not count!

sometimes i will go out later in the afternoon just to see how things are going, but i'm usually up until 7am from the night before, so the time where everyone is out shopping and not on the site is valuable sleepy time :P

I've never gone...wait once I went to Walmart at about 2pm just to wonder and see what was left.....um I wasn't impressed..it was still packed THEN. I've never really needed anything that bad I guess. And besides we only have Walmart/Kmart and they are not close. We have to drive 40mi to get to the nearest Target/Home Depot/Walgreens and a few hours to get anyplace like Best Buy or with an actual "mall" THAT might make a difference....wait no it wouldn't I still would not stand in line or fight the crowds :P

I do like to "watch" all the action online and do some shopping from the safety of my home in my PJS :D

I've never gone...wait once I went to Walmart at about 2pm just to wonder and see what was left.....um I wasn't impressed..it was still packed THEN. I've never really needed anything that bad I guess. And besides we only have Walmart/Kmart and they are not close. We have to drive 40mi to get to the nearest Target/Home Depot/Walgreens and a few hours to get anyplace like Best Buy or with an actual "mall" THAT might make a difference....wait no it wouldn't I still would not stand in line or fight the crowds :P

I do like to "watch" all the action online and do some shopping from the safety of my home in my PJS :D

I agree. I have all of those stores near me. 3 BBuys, 4 BBW, 4 Targets and 4 Walmarts within a 10 mile radius and I have never camped out, stood in line at 1am or fought crazy crowds. I just have never seen anything that I NEEDED to do that for. I enjoy Thanksgiving and sleeping in my warm bed until 8-9 am way too much! :D

BB is the one place I will not go too. I refuse to eat Thanksgiving dinner outside in line in front of a store! That is exactly what you have to do by me. Every year I go the longer way home after eating at my parents and go by BB to see how many people in line. EVERY YEAR a minimum of 50++ people are already there by 2pm. CRAZY. Tents up... footballs being thrown, etc.

Nope for obvious reasons. :P

i just wonder if the masses have the money as it seems the USA economy is still sluggish. Also I think with the weak dollar most imports are going to be higher. There is chatter here about the USA price of the 3DS being changed if the USD gets weaker.

that say to me buy now sell later on ebay...lol

I think I've done so well over the year with clearance buys that the sales seem very lacking PLUS we have tons of stuff to divy up between gift recipients.I'm still going out probably just as early but without the rush of "needing" to get stuff. I haven't seen anything I want for myself which I guess means reusing unopened purchases as gifts from others to myself.

I will be out no matter what!! I will be on vacation so I wil need to scale it down since I can only fit so much in my car but I could never imagine NOT doing bf! I will agree that some of the ads are dissapointing but overall I think people are expecting things for almost free which is never gonna happen!

sometimes i will go out later in the afternoon just to see how things are going, but i'm usually up until 7am from the night before, so the time where everyone is out shopping and not on the site is valuable sleepy time :P

See how committed Brad is to all of us?! He even misses BF for us! Thanks Brad! ;)

My dad always comes down from NC for Thanksgiving, and we usually venture out. My dad's looking forward to it again, but I've decided to goto Dallas with him (a suprise), to watch the Saints beat up on the Cowboys. So, we might go by some place on the drive back on Friday, but I haven't seen anything that I want / need that's at a much better price than I can pay for it now.

Yep, unless I see something REALLY good; I'll be out of town spending the long weekend up in the NC mountains. Already made my TV purchase, and had they released the 3DS early, I was willing to wait for that, but nothing else in particular. However, if my friends up where I'm visiting want me to go with them or help out by waiting and trying to get something for their kids, I'm willing.