Store Hours - Opening at 10pm this year

juanadeal

That is actually a good time to shop if you are looking for a hard to find gift. At that time of year they usually get trucks in every night and they usually started putting things out at 10pm. The aisles are crazy since they have all the boxes in the middle of the aisle. I used to work there until this year when I fractured my ankle. I will miss it. I used to love Christmas time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just want to give a heads up. My friend's Husband is a Manager at TRU and it is supposed to be top secret that they will be opening at 10pm instead of Midnight like last year. She just told me last night. He has not seen the ad yet but as soon as he does I asked for it. Last year he knew about the Midnight opening just not what was in the ad before GD got the ad.

I dont know if this is good news or bad news lol

It is confirmed

Edited by racerfan
Confirmed rumor

I just want to give a heads up. My friend's Husband is a Manager at TRU and it is supposed to be top secret that they will be opening at 10pm instead of Midnight like last year. She just told me last night. He has not seen the ad yet but as soon as he does I asked for it. Last year he knew about the Midnight opening just not what was in the ad before GD got the ad.

I dont know if this is good news or bad news lol

Here we go, Black Thursday. I knew it was coming. I don't mind them opening up at 10pm at all, I can do some shopping, get some sleep, and then wake up shopping again. Can't beat that.

TRU by me opened at Midnight last year. We left to get in line at 11 and it was all the way around the building! By the time we got inside, almost everything was gone. It was total chaos. Since there were 2 of us, one got in line and the other tried to shop. But when we got to where we could see the cashier, we were told we were in an electronics ONLY line and had to move. Talk about annoying. I will be avoiding TRU this year, that's for sure!

I hope not. I got in line at about 9pm last year so that would mean I'd have to get in line at 6 or 7 this year! Maybe the ad will be disappointing like the rest so far and I can stay home and sleep. ;)

I was in line at the same time last year, it worked out great so I could be at other stores to line up early enough. If they open at 10, I will have way to much time to kill between stores. Plus I don't want to be at TRU at 6pm on Thanksgiving night. I need to be napping at that time

I know last year some stores were going to open on Thanksgiving Day like K Mart, but open 10a-6p, I think. Really bad times. I don't think enough people signed up to work and corp. scraped the idea, I guess. If this keeps going, you will see more and more stores open on Thanksgiving.

A few years back our CompUSA was open Thanksgiving night. I was in and out with multiples of everything I needed and it only started getting busy after I had left. Hopefully with ToysRUs parents will have to pick a day to go and therefor make it less busy overall.

Honestly, I hope this is wrong. I love Thanksgiving, and spending time with my family. I wish all retailers would stick with opening early Friday morning. I know I might be in the minority here, but it's getting ridiculous IMO.:(

Oh I agree it is getting ridiculous. It's getting to the point you cannot even enjoy Thanksgiving anymore cause you have to sleep during the day so you up & ready to go during the night. I really see no point in opening earlier & earlier.