Holiday Gift Request Lists Questions (wish lists) - Most Expensive & Weirdest

noehlp

So I've finally decided to agree - that when our children get older their holiday gift request lists get more expensive.

Which brings me to these questions:

1) What's the MOST EXPENSIVE gift request you've seen on a list (or asked for) by either your kids/friends/family/whatnot?

2) What's the WEIRDEST gift request you've seen?

My 7 year old DD wants her own cell phone, too. That's not happening.

Forget the pony - 2 years ago my DD (then 5) wanted a polar bear. Well, either a polar bear or a hippo. She got a stuffed polar bear, 2 polar bear movies (All About Polar Bears and The Little Polar Bear) and a Hungry, Hungry Hippos game. Yet another example of Santa bringing what he wants to bring instead of exactly what you ask for.

My youngest son (3 years old) told me a few nights ago that he wants pots and pans, girl flowers, and a clothesline. Yes, a clothesline...and he was serious. When I asked him if he wanted a Tinkerbell phone (since he had thrown such a fit about wanting it earlier in the year), he told me, "NO! That's a girl's toy. Boys don't play with girls toys!"

• 2 weeks later...

Most Expensive- A few years ago my DD wanted the Buttercup Pony. You can add the Wii to that list three years ago.

Weirdest- My DD wanted a beanbag chair for her room. Just a weird request since she craps up her room so much there's no place to put the thing!

DD17 wants a car this year (she doesn't even have her licence yet just a learners permit)...(My parents are already told her and DS15 they would give them their explorer in Feb of 2011 and shes not happy about waiting till 2/11 ..)

wierdest i guess is DS wanting a pokemon VHS collection (last year).

My DS asked one year for a rubber chicken! He ended up getting chickens for three years after that. He took in his collection of rubber chickens for show and tell in first grade. His teacher about died laughing!

That is funny.. Rubber Chicken ?! Yep, if I was the teacher I would died laughing... Just think this way. There isn't THAT much of variety rubber chicken out there . They are rubber so the price would be JUST right for you. And, It is light enough , even you ever move they can all crammed into the box and not have to worry if is fragile. Although, this might not have resale value as some other collection do... :D

When my sister was 3 (I'm 16 years older) she went to sit on santa's lap and when he asked what she wanted, she said a stuffed killer whale. This was pre-internet, so between my mother and I we went to every store in the state. We finally found one the day before christmas eve. We were so proud of ourselves. We couldn't wait til she saw it. When she opened it she had no recollection of having asked for it and was much more excited about playing with wrapping paper scraps.

My DS asked one year for a rubber chicken! He ended up getting chickens for three years after that. He took in his collection of rubber chickens for show and tell in first grade. His teacher about died laughing!

That's hysterical! Love it though :)

My DS9 asked for a backscratcher 2 years ago.

DD wanted real glasses one year with barbie on them (and she has perfect vision). I had to search high and low for fake glasses with barbie...couldn't find one, but did find clear Dora glasses. That was her favorite present that year despite all the expensive items I had bought her. kids! lol

Dh and I went to Best Buy last Saturday. I wanted him to look at computers and e-readers with me. I love and want the Ipad. DD7 was with us and said,"Momma, do you spend enough money on me at Christmas that I can get an Ipad?" NO, momma can't spend that much. 'Well are you going to get one?" Not right now, I'll have to save the money. "Then could you save enough to get me one next Christmas, cause I don't think I can save that much by myself?? There are time when I am so tempted to go in debt!!!

most expensive..that depends upon what you want to classify as expensive...to me that is the XBOX 360 and some games, but then there was the cell phone which wasn't that expensive but the service for 2 years added up

weirdest would be my 16 year old son who wants flint and lint for Christmas....why...I don't think I want to know....(he is a good kid, never been in trouble so not too worried what he would do with it) but last year he wanted a taser gun....he said he wouldn't use it, just wants to have one.....obviously he didn't and won't get one. but maybe i should be asking/wondering why

DD wanted real glasses one year with barbie on them (and she has perfect vision). I had to search high and low for fake glasses with barbie...couldn't find one, but did find clear Dora glasses. That was her favorite present that year despite all the expensive items I had bought her. kids! lol

When I was 4 or 5 I wanted glasses so bad (older brother had them). The eye doctor gave me a pair of frames..... WHen I was six, he put lenses in the frames..... Thus ended the love affair with glasses....LOL.

1) What's the MOST EXPENSIVE gift request you've seen on a list (or asked for) by either your kids/friends/family/whatnot?

Answer: My 14 year old announced this year that he just wanted CASH - and based on past Christmases he had calculated that he got about $1000.00 worth of gifts - but would rather have the cash! :shock: When I explained to him that I ONLY buy gifts on Major Sales and actually spend about $250.00 on him - he changed his mind! ;) He has YET to give me a list, however!

2) What's the WEIRDEST gift request you've seen?

Answer: This one is s hard one - I have a STRANGE Family - Guess it would be my Mom asking for a Bra! Strange thing to buy a bra for your mother! :blush:

Most expensive: My DSis12 (I'm 9 years her senior) asked for an iPhone. Luckily I got a new one and was planning on giving her my old one anyway lol.

Weirdest: hmm....this is rough....my DBF asked me not to spend a cent on him this year....that's all I can think of....so far it's worked out great, since I found some AWESOME freebies online :-p

When my son was 6 he asked for a 50 gallon metal drum. (like a garbage can) He told me he had seen several shows where people were standing by a fire in a metal drum getting warm. He wanted one so he wouldn't have to come in when we got snow and he got cold. He could just stand by the fire then go back to playing. Edited by alaurino1