Best store for School supplies??

chefpatty

I do.

I am just peeved to even be thinking about school supplies this early,but I follow the sales so am taking advantage of whatever is advertised.

I am looking at everything from college to Kindergarten so am keeping my eyes peeled for the best deal for just about everything.

I got my college aged son's laptop off Newegg and am gathering other stuff as I go along.

Got a few things from Walgreen's this past week.

Yep,wherever the sale is,that's where you'll find me :)

A friend of mine gets her kids the basic stuff at Target, just what they need right away, paper, pens, pencils and maybe a cute folder or notebook that her daughter "Has to HAVE" lol :D (her kids are in middle school and they don't get a list, sometimes teachers will tell them specifics the first day of school.) and then she picks up the rest when the supplies go on clearance a couple of weeks later. She also buys supplies on clearance so she has enough for the entire year.

Keep an eye on Targets ads and I know Staples has in the past advertised some things for a few cents each. Also for fun school supplies check out Border's Book Store. They have a brand called Paperchase that makes some cute and funky binders, folders, pencil pouches, etc... and the store near me has a bunch on clearance now.

Also for anyone with a child going in to Pre-Algebra or Algebra, Danica Mckeller has a new math book coming out in August, Hot X: Algebra Exposed. She has two other math books and they are great, she does a really good job of helping you understand the mathematical topics.

http://www.amazon.com/Hot-Algebra-Exposed-Danica-McKellar/dp/1594630704/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1279509245&sr=8-3

Walgreens has some good things on sale this week, and the rest I got at target. Don't need them till 1st week In September but I try to get them while on sale. Then if im lucky to get to target for 75% off once school starts I put stuff away and use the next school year which we still had some things for this year doing that.

Walmart usually has the best deals but Kmart/target price matches (or changes their price themselves to match) Staples always has great advertised things but you HAVE to stick to their ads because other things are ridiculously overprice. Cheapest I've seen filler paper for so far is Target at 0.75, call me selfish but I want it cheaper than that.

I got most of my kids basic things at target today. I even SPLURGED on 1.99 folders and spirals because they had my b5 challenger on them. My boys will be thrilled though so it was worth it :D

My DD counted days today (only "Weirdo" in the house that cannot WAIT for school to start) and we have 30 days left :( We actually have "meet the teacher" day on Aug 9th!

Filler Paper was 25¢ at Office Depot yesterday. I HATE cheap filler paper, but this looked ok. I've got a drawer full I got for a penny each at Target and every time you try to write it rips- and I don't push down hard.

We shop the sales and pick up the rest at Walmart. I usually try to hit the clearances every year and stock up on as much as I can. Then I just have to fill in the gaps. However, I buy all of my office supplies at this time, too- so I'm really shopping the sales. I grabbed a couple of cases of 39¢ binders, tabs, and sheet protectors at Walgreens last night. I spent $20, and it cost me $20 last week to make up one binder.

You just can't beat the penny sales at Staples, but you have to have a teacher rewards card to make it worthwhile. Then you can get 25 of each item.

Staples has the huge filler paper package on special this week....I think it's 250 sheets for about $4....not super cheap but a reasonable price for good quality. DD takes tons of notes, then uses them to review for AP tests, I don't want her to deal with the awful paper.

I also picked up a bunch of 3x5 cards. She uses thousands of those!

Do you know when the walgreens papermate mech. pencils ends?? That IS a great deal..i'll have to drive to Roswell to get it though..

Kmart has filler paper in the ad this morning for 0.50 a pack...no limit. Thats the cheapest I've seen here so far (walmart/target is 0.75) and THANKS for the headsup on the sorry paper at target being AGAIN this year, I really dislike that stuff!!

I think I have everything but tab folders and 1" binders and I was just waiting on the total count (so far 17 folders and 4 1" binders...I am sure they will need a few more when we get actual "Teacher" list and not just the generic list)

And they have the 2 pocket, prong folders for 0.09 but a limit of FIVE (I have five in my family so if we all stand in line (even my 6yr old) we should be able to get enough ;)

Has anyone been? Are these just the cardboard ones? If so I will pay a little more and get the plastics ones...my kids are pretty hard on them

I'm within walking distance of Walgreens. Since there is no card I should be able to buy the limits on multiple trips, right?

I can't imagine how they would keep track of limits otherwise.

Yes, I do it every week. You can go there every day or a couple times a day. I will go in the morning and then in the evening when different people are working, but I really think they wouldn't care if I got back in line right away.

I'm within walking distance of Walgreens. Since there is no card I should be able to buy the limits on multiple trips, right?

In general, yes, you should be able to buy the limits on multiple trips.... although there are a few random Walgreens out there that limit it per customer per day---though the only way they can really "enforce" it is if they recognize you.

• 2 weeks later...

Continuing in the Wags theme :

I know I have more highlighters than the law allows (lol) ....but .19 for the PaperMate ones were a good deal!

Nine cents for a pack of pencils was good too.

Walgreen's is my choice for BTS this year so far! I am so excited to see their ads each week as they are really putting out some outstanding deals.

IMO the stores have started earlier this year but I am thinking the best is yet to come.

I always go in the mornings around 7am, and it's the same cashier everytime. He lets me do everything in separate transactions.

Continuing in the Wags theme :

I know I have more highlighters than the law allows (lol) ....but .19 for the PaperMate ones were a good deal!

Nine cents for a pack of pencils was good too.

Walgreen's is my choice for BTS this year so far! I am so excited to see their ads each week as they are really putting out some outstanding deals.

IMO the stores have started earlier this year but I am thinking the best is yet to come.

Also got the $.09 pencils. We are doing a a drive for low income students to fill hundreds of backpacks. My department was assigned a goal of 500 packs of pencils. I got 50 packs (no limit) and made a nice dent in the 500 pack goal!

Also got the $.09 pencils. We are doing a a drive for low income students to fill hundreds of backpacks. My department was assigned a goal of 500 packs of pencils. I got 50 packs (no limit) and made a nice dent in the 500 pack goal!

That's a great thing you're doing!

I am impressed with Walgreens and their BTS deals this year. They have the fabulous deals and there is NO LIMIT on most of them! In the past,they'd have a phenomenal price on something but it would be like a limit of 2 or 3. Not that way this year,so far. I'm taking advantage of the prices because our school pairs with another school and our donations go farther this way. The kids are the true winners.

for those of us in florida/ga who have publix-theyve had some good BOGO deals on back to school, 3 for 3 packs of mechanical BICs, bogo fiskars scissors, 50% on lots of the "fancy" expensive nice writing pens..ive been stocking up each week as i do my groceries. Im not desperate enough to go into walmart yet. Also the sunday paper last had 1$ off 2 bic items i beleive, some scotch tape coups.