American Girl Dolls

I have never purchased an American Girl Doll. This year my neice is asking for Lanie for her birthday. Do any of the American Girl Dolls ever go on sale? Are there any free shipping codes or coupon codes that can be used? Thanks for your help!! I have boys and am accustomed to buying cars, trucks, and video games.

When is her birthday? They have a sale once a year in Madison, WI of seconds and returns (that are in boxes and look perfectly new!) in June (I have the exact date on my calendar at home if anyone needs it). And they have 100's of dolls there for sale, they were around $60 for the ones that they normally sell for around $100, they have all the books pretty cheap, not too many accessories. You have to buy a ticket for $5 to get in to the sale and when you buy your ticket they give you a time that you can get into the sale. But they had almost all of the dolls for sale there, most of them had boxes. I think the babies / twins were about $30 each. I can check my receipt at home for the exact prices, I think I saved it.

Go on their website and sign up for emails and to get thier catalog and they will email you their sales and the catalogs sometimes have coupons in them. But they aren't usually for the dolls, like the poster above said you can maybe get free shipping on the dolls.

When is her birthday? They have a sale once a year in Madison, WI of seconds and returns (that are in boxes and look perfectly new!) in June (I have the exact date on my calendar at home if anyone needs it). And they have 100's of dolls there for sale, they were around $60 for the ones that they normally sell for around $100, they have all the books pretty cheap, not too many accessories. You have to buy a ticket for $5 to get in to the sale and when you buy your ticket they give you a time that you can get into the sale. But they had almost all of the dolls for sale there, most of them had boxes. I think the babies / twins were about $30 each. I can check my receipt at home for the exact prices, I think I saved it.

Go on their website and sign up for emails and to get thier catalog and they will email you their sales and the catalogs sometimes have coupons in them. But they aren't usually for the dolls, like the poster above said you can maybe get free shipping on the dolls.

I would love to get that date if you have it. We drive through the area to go to my parents.

keep an eye on QVC they have specials from time to time with good prices. Not sure when, you can search their website.

That is true but be careful of the price. QVC usually sells the dolls with accessories in sets and usually, and I mean usually, by the time you add in the shipping it is the same price it would be at AG. A lot of times they offer easy pay though so I have ordered from them b/c of that. There is not a show scheduled at this time though so you will have to keep checking back to see when they have a show scheduled.

Keep checking AG last year when they came out with Chrissa I think at the end of January or in February they did free shipping if you bought Chrissa plus you got $10 off the doll. That was when I got Chrissa (who was doll of the year last year) for my DD. That is as much of a sale as you will get with AG.

Here's my experience from last year:

Since I only live about an hour and a half from there, we just got up early and drove. I brought my 8 year old last year and it was fine. I would definitely bring your own bags and more / bigger than you think you will need, otherwise there are vendors outside selling bags. I think they just put your stuff in garbage bags after you pay & it was heavy and awkward to carry all the way back to the car.

The sale is July 17 & 18 this year. When you get your tickets they have a time on them, and if you are bringing your daughter you have to have a ticket for her too. The times on the tickets are spaced out by every 15 minutes I think, you line up in their warehouse by the time on your ticket, and every 15 minutes they let the next group in. It's pretty crowded, but not terrible and the line to pay looks long but it moves pretty fast. Make sure you look around really good and have everything you want because once you get in line to pay they won't let you out of the line.

It's in like an industrial area and as soon as you turn into there there's signs where to go and you park on the street and walk about a good half a mile. All along your walk there's vendors selling bags, doll clothes & accessories...

Before the sale they do post online a list of what they will have for sale and how much everything costs, bring more money than you think you will spend and definitely bring bags to carry your stuff that you plan on buying. There books were so inexpensive!

I got out my receipt - The Bitty Twins were $30 each doll, and the Historical Dolls were $65 each. That's what I bought so I didn't see the prices of the other dolls but I think the Just Like You Dolls were $65 too. They also sold the Bitty Babies but I don't remember if they were $30 too. I paid $1 each for paperback that's usually $6.95, and $8 for a hardcover story collection that's normally $29.95. They round up your purchase to the next dollar up and that amount is a donation to the museum. You do have to pay tax and they do take credit cards. I asked my friends that weren't going and they gave me money to get them dolls too.

My daughter is 9 now and still loves and plays with her dolls just about every day, she has Molly & Emily. I sewed her clothes for the dolls for Christmas so they now have many outfits. Simplicity & McCalls have patterns for 18" dolls that fit the American Girl Dolls. I googled how to make a hat, I made a poncho and blanket and a scarf just buy cutting it out, and have sewed several pairs of pants now and they are pretty easy to sew.

keep an eye on QVC they have specials from time to time with good prices. Not sure when, you can search their website.

The prices usually end up the same buying from AG as buying on QVC, but the good thing about QVC is sometimes they have certain ones on a payment plan and in these hard times, that helps alot! :)

Wow, wish that sale was closer. THAT would be neat. Our area may be getting a store, but dunno for sure yet. The AG execs were here right before Christmas, and the mall had a big event with tons of little girls showing up-- dolls in hand-- to convince them that putting a store here would be a great idea!

That sale would be awesome to attend.

That is true but be careful of the price. QVC usually sells the dolls with accessories in sets and usually, and I mean usually, by the time you add in the shipping it is the same price it would be at AG. A lot of times they offer easy pay though so I have ordered from them b/c of that. There is not a show scheduled at this time though so you will have to keep checking back to see when they have a show scheduled.

Yes, I thought that the deals on QVC were great, but the shipping and sales tax took away the savings.

Wow, wish that sale was closer. THAT would be neat. Our area may be getting a store, but dunno for sure yet. The AG execs were here right before Christmas, and the mall had a big event with tons of little girls showing up-- dolls in hand-- to convince them that putting a store here would be a great idea!

That sale would be awesome to attend.

I'm not sure if anywhere else besides the Madison, WI warehouse has the sale.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...