Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

thanks for posting that backpacks were 75% off!

Bummer....not here yet! Marked 50% off and scanned that way too. The Hello Kitty and cute girls' ones were full price ($14.98)!

I got a package of 2 small garden flags for $4.98 (50%)-Spring and summer ones. I got 4th of July ones as I didn't have any of those,so I was happy.

absolutely no luck today. ereaders still 30% off. school supplies still 30% off (and our whole city started school almost a month ago). I am getting so tired of going to our 1 little target and not finding what I want marked any lower. and I really want an ereader for 75% off!!!

Got a dry erase marker board for 75% off today, had quite a few colors/styles and some cork boards to match. Tons of Topsy Turvies (sp?) also 75% off. Garden was mostly 50% (rakes, shovels, weed poison, fire ant poison, fertilizer), with some still at 30% (pots and containers).

Saw some markdowns in the travel sized toiletries section that I hadn't noticed before...30% off I think. All Small & Mighty travel (2 loads), Burts Bees lip balm, Secret deodorant.

Not much in the baby section...lots of clothing sitting at 30% off for over a month. A few packages of Gerber puffs and strawberry yogurt melts 15% off, never saw those before.

When, oh when are the pool toys going to get marked down?! I keep checking thinking SURELY this is the week, but no luck.

I feel like nothing is changing at my store, either. Just the same clearance at the same level that it's been for the last 3-4 weeks. I also have my eye on a outdoor dining table that is just 50% off still...those things HAVE to get marked down soon to make way for Halloween, right!?

Bummer....not here yet! Marked 50% off and scanned that way too. The Hello Kitty and cute girls' ones were full price ($14.98)!

I got a package of 2 small garden flags for $4.98 (50%)-Spring and summer ones. I got 4th of July ones as I didn't have any of those,so I was happy.

They moved a LOT from the regular backpack section to the BTS section this year, and those are not going down. They also have a lot more of the regular school items this year, rather than stuff they don't sell year round. Makes much more sense, frankly, even though it is frustrating not to get it all cheap.

Iams cat food, 6lb orange bag (chicken and rice, I think) was on clearance for $5.xx, 50% off. I wish I had room to store more of these!

Back to school was still 30%, 50% for backpacks at my store yesterday.

Pet food is often like people food, YMMV. They discount it close to expiration or just when a store is changing something. I have seen it clearance at one store and not at any others several times. I am just bummed that they don't carry more variety of the Iams foods. The ones they carry make our cats vomit. I have to trek to Petsmart....

Pet food is often like people food, YMMV. They discount it close to expiration or just when a store is changing something. I have seen it clearance at one store and not at any others several times. I am just bummed that they don't carry more variety of the Iams foods. The ones they carry make our cats vomit. I have to trek to Petsmart....

You're right, and I might have just gotten lucky. There were also some full priced 6+ lb bonus bags on the opposite endcap, so this might be a bag change. If so, maybe someone else will get lucky too.

Iams cat food, 6lb orange bag (chicken and rice, I think) was on clearance for $5.xx, 50% off. I wish I had room to store more of these!

I saw these too, two different formulas. One was an orange bag and one was an off-white bag. There were quite a few pet items on clearance on an endcap including doggie t-shirts and tank tops for 75% off.

Its possible someone has reported on this, but I didn't find it anywhere so heres what I have. All the Snuggies by us have been clearanced to half off at $7.48. If you go to Coupons.com and use zip code 90210 and click on apparel on the left side, there is a coupon for $5.00 off a "varsity" snuggie. Our store didn't have any "varsity" snuggies, but the cashier let me use the coupons for a blue monkey snuggie and a black skull snuggie. So I got each one for only $2.48! I used to think blah blah a snuggie is just another blanket, but I have to say I got one last year as a gift and it is AMAZING. Nothing better than curling up on the couch with my laptop and my snuggie. My store gave me no problem about using them and they had to manually enter it as it would not scan. YMMV.

This was a great tip! I was able to get three for gifts (you know, "joke" gifts that end up being mucho appreciated!). They had all sorts of colors including solids (blue, purple, green, pink) and patterns (cammo, skulls, monkeys, peace signs, tie-dye, clouds). I think these were clearanced because they changed the packaging, the new/full price ones in the As Seen On TV section come with a free flashlight. Anyway, the coupon scanned through with no problem, even though it says it's for the "Varsity" style only (which Target does not seem to carry). Thanks GinaInIL!

This was a great tip! I was able to get three for gifts (you know, "joke" gifts that end up being mucho appreciated!). They had all sorts of colors including solids (blue, purple, green, pink) and patterns (cammo, skulls, monkeys, peace signs, tie-dye, clouds). I think these were clearanced because they changed the packaging, the new/full price ones in the As Seen On TV section come with a free flashlight. Anyway, the coupon scanned through with no problem, even though it says it's for the "Varsity" style only (which Target does not seem to carry). Thanks GinaInIL!

Glad they took them for you.. You're Welcome!! :)

I saw these too, two different formulas. One was an orange bag and one was an off-white bag. There were quite a few pet items on clearance on an endcap including doggie t-shirts and tank tops for 75% off.

I also saw the Iams cat food at two different stores for 50% off.

I know... I feel like clearance is slowing down nowadays. I'm waiting for those darn toddler sandals to go 75% off. Still 50% off. Also, there were no fabric bins left on clearance in my stores. I did get some at 50% off when I was out of town for labor day weekend. I guess 50% is better than 30% off. No chance of me getting them at 75% off.

I am stalking the darn brown spot dollar spot - I can use so many things. I heard rumblings that they are at 30%. I really really hope that it automatically goes to 75% off and not like last time. My stores had no signs so 50% off was the best we could get on the yellow dot.

I got tired of waiting for backpacks to go down lower than 50% off so we bought ours this weekend. The spot where the BP's are is where they are going to put Xmas lights and so they will be there for awhile.

Thank you for the Snuggie lead - printed my coupon and it worked great! Bummer that my print limit has been reached.

Try this link for the coupon. It should be the first one to appear.

http://sharer.coupons.com/?s=ybucut

:)

Edited by RockiesGirl

OK guys, ive been a member for a long time, followed this thread and have posted some finds..

My silly question: What are these color coded spots ex:yellow, brown etc.?

It's for the dollar area in the front of the store. On the back of each item there is a color coded dot. Right now, stores are clearancing out the items with brown dots on the back of the package (30% off right now). HTH!

Here in SE Aurora (Denver), CO our school supplies are finally 75% off. The backpacks are stuck at 50% off. I may do some BTS shopping for next year.

Grabbed another Snuggie. I have 2 coupons left. Probably stop by tomorrow. There are some advantages to having 4 computers in the house. :cheesy:

Its possible someone has reported on this, but I didn't find it anywhere so heres what I have. All the Snuggies by us have been clearanced to half off at $7.48. If you go to Coupons.com and use zip code 90210 and click on apparel on the left side, there is a coupon for $5.00 off a "varsity" snuggie. Our store didn't have any "varsity" snuggies, but the cashier let me use the coupons for a blue monkey snuggie and a black skull snuggie. So I got each one for only $2.48! I used to think blah blah a snuggie is just another blanket, but I have to say I got one last year as a gift and it is AMAZING. Nothing better than curling up on the couch with my laptop and my snuggie. My store gave me no problem about using them and they had to manually enter it as it would not scan. YMMV.

Thanks for this Gina!!!! I didn't think I would EVER buy a snuggie but I did today :yup: There were a few with the book lights that were $7.48 but the rest were $10.48. I got the more expensive one cause I liked the clouds. The cashier scanned the coupon and it went through with no problem.

50% brown dot dollar spot here too. And 75% on school supplies, no lunchboxes or backpacks left. And 75% on flip flops. I found a boys swimsuit size XS 75% today. I really wanted to look in the toddlers section, but the kids were ready to go. I noticed box fans were on clearance for I think 30% as I ran out of the store.

Back to School was 75% here today too. Scissors, pencils, paper, notebooks, binders a few crayons and markers. They did have 8.5 x 11 dry erase boards with neon dry erase markers for about 2.00 and then the dry erase wall posters were about 2.50. But like others have said, they moved a lot to the regular departments.

Sony Readers have not moved here, one store has them still at 15% and one has them at 30%.

Thanks for this Gina!!!! I didn't think I would EVER buy a snuggie but I did today :yup: There were a few with the book lights that were $7.48 but the rest were $10.48. I got the more expensive one cause I liked the clouds. The cashier scanned the coupon and it went through with no problem.

I knew I'd get a few of ya on board :gdevillaugh: Let me know how you like it!

question: if garden stuff is to be marked down today and I go now, should it scan properly if it is to be reduced (prices already updated from corporate) or do I need to wait for them to tag and update from floor?

My guess would be they do need to scan each item to trigger the markdown, but it's not a very big job (compared to the big toy markdown, for example), and the markdown team starts very early before opening. So I would tend to think it would be done by the time you got there. I think the only time they don't need to scan to markdown is with holiday items and Dollar Spot (feel free to jump in if I'm wrong!)

###Garden 75%

###Back to School 75% (with the exception of calculators-still 30%)

###Camping 50% (saw tents and canopies)

Got some great deals today. Lawn fertilizers, bug repellent, drip trays, hoses, fire ant killer, .03 folders, binders, .32 glue sticks (2 packs), manilla paper, 10 pack bic pens for a quarter. North Garland still had quite a bit left.

Brown dollar spot was also 50% at this location.

My guess would be they do need to scan each item to trigger the markdown, but it's not a very big job (compared to the big toy markdown, for example), and the markdown team starts very early before opening. So I would tend to think it would be done by the time you got there. I think the only time they don't need to scan to markdown is with holiday items and Dollar Spot (feel free to jump in if I'm wrong!)

They were marking it manually, so you need to wait till they mark it.