UPS Mail Innovations?

Does anyone understand the purpose of UPS Mail Innovations? If someone ships an item via that method, UPS ships it to the postal service and the postal service delivers the package. That doesn't even seem logical, smart, efficient, etc....

I am so frustrated with this process....the place I ordered from shipped my first order USPS, my second order UPS, and my third order UPS Mail Innovations. The first 2 orders arrived in 3-5 days and the 3rd order shows as shipped on the 13th via UPS, accepted by USPS on the 15th and it's the 21st and I have yet to see my package. Ordinarily I wouldn't care but my birthday is Thursday and I ordered a very sexy dress to wear to dinner and we leave in the morning and my package didn't come today.

STUPID UPS MAIL INNOVATIONS. ERG!!! Happy Birthday to me. Oh well. Watch it come tomorrow.

UPS does NOT want to deliver to houses...therefore they entered into this agreement with USPS to deliver the "last mile" to your house or PO box.

It seems like a cost cutting measure by UPS...while also allowing any blame for a late delivery to fall on the USPS. Smart move by UPS.

WOW! the opinions on this service are almost ALL bad!

Good luck!

The package was shipped to my office, I even put the business name on the address so as to indicate it is a business. I never ship packages to my apartment because they seem to be "misplaced" by my office on a regular basis so I always ship anything that won't fit in a tiny mail box to my office. Oh well, at this point as long as it shows up I'll be happy, I'm just aggravated by this whole process AND by the fact that each shipment from the same merchant comes a different method. I like consistency and standardization. Oh well. Merry Christmas!!!

I'm sorry your dress hasn't come in. :( That is so disapointing. I hope you find something else nice to wear!

I hate UPS Mail Innovations. I think its walmart.com that I'm thinking of that uses it that I've had nothing but problems with. I live in So. Oregon and UPS has (slowly!) sent my stuff to WA State, then handed it over to USPS where it took 7-8 days to make it, I dunno, 350 miles or so.

It seems like UPS and then USPS don't make these Innovations packages any sort of priority. They just let the package sit around until they have room to send it to the next place, which then does the same thing.

Thankfully, I've been using UPS 2-Day via Amazon Prime and they bring them all straight to my house. All the free to home or cheap ($.97-$2.97 shipping) on WM.com seems to come with the Innovations so I am now avoiding them at all cost!

I don't use Walmart anymore because of this. It takes 7 - 14 days with UPS Innovations. I preordered the 10 dollar movies from there and that was it this year. One shipped one week and the second shipped 7 days later and I checked the tracking and they both arrived on the same day. It took 14 days for the first one and the last week of it they were coming from Missouri to Illinois. I will stick with Amazon Prime and have it the next day or two at the latest.

FedX is doing the same type of thing but I dont know what it is called. I ordered something on the December the 6th. It was not a gift or anything so I really didnt care when it got there but it was shipped via FedX then sent to USPS and was supposed to be delivered on Saturday but we got 6 1/2 inches of snow so my mail didnt run at all. It finally arrived yesterday Dec 21 (15 days later)

On a seperate note, whatever happened to rain, sleet, snow or hail the mail will be delivered? As I said above, my mail was not delivered at all Saturday because of snow. Mailman took the day off.

Does Amazon do that?

I'm stressing over a package right now.

I ordered over a week ago, they said it shipped on the 17th, USPS said they got confirmation of my package on the 19th. It was supposed to arrive on Monday, no sign of it. Today I found out by the tracking number that it was misrouted. It is in a town about 20 minutes from me now. It better be here tomorrow, in one piece or someone is getting an earful!! There are 2 DSi's in that box!!

• 2 weeks later...

You know whats really frustrating is when UPS delivers it to the USPS and you only live 2 blocks from your post office but it takes another 2 days to get it to your house because my mailman will not leave packages. He leaves the nice little notice of package to be delivered in my mailbox.

By the time I get home my post office is closed because god forbid if they stayed open till after

4:00pm. So then I have to have some one go to the post office the next to get the package because they will not try to deliver it again.

I hate UPS mail innovations!!!

You know whats really frustrating is when UPS delivers it to the USPS and you only live 2 blocks from your post office but it takes another 2 days to get it to your house because my mailman will not leave packages. He leaves the nice little notice of package to be delivered in my mailbox.

By the time I get home my post office is closed because god forbid if they stayed open till after

4:00pm. So then I have to have some one go to the post office the next to get the package because they will not try to deliver it again.

I hate UPS mail innovations!!!

whats up with the 4 o'clock closings, most people don't even get off work until 5-5:30, ours is closed for an hour during the day and not open on Saturdays, how the heck do people get their packages (btw, we are all post box, so no delivery to our homes)