Spoiled by Amazon Shipping? VENT

conj

I've been enjoying Amazon Prime shipping lately... maybe too much.

on T-day we ordered from Best Buy & Amazon. ok, I knew the Amazon order would get here first. Ok, Best Buy shipped with a carrier I'd never heard of... BUT their site updated status of my order, and things moved.... The items arrived when they said they would - all good.

This past week or so, I have ordered from Aeropostle (items located in stock), Joanne (processing), Victoria Secret x2 (in process), Lands End (??) and I have yet to receive any notification of any sort except the confirmation email.

I've paid for shipping on some of these orders, and not for others, but I still expected some information!

I know shipping will take longer, but NONE of these appeared to ship. they don't give estimated delivery dates - I'm aware it may take some time... but tell me when!

These are items for both Christmas and Hannukah (which starts in less than a week), and some are for the family we've adopted... I'd like to get them their things sooner than later so they can wrap them, etc (I'm including wrapping paper...)

Oh yeah... and the Walmart order which is apparently walking to my house - given how long it is expected to take....

I don't order from Walmart unless I have to. They use that awful UPS Innovations where the UPS man takes it to a mail processing center and then the post office gets it. I could ride my bike quicker. IT's taking a week for each one of my preorder movies. And Fedex is worse. IT sometimes takes two weeks for them.

I feel the same way. Amazon prime is incredible and amazon notifies upon shipping. I am still waiting on a QVC TSV from before Thanksgiving to arrive. I also don't understand how it takes merchants a week to process an order for items that are in-stock. I guess we are spoiled with Prime!

its very true amazon is super quick and now with prime even faster. It really shows how lacking other companies are. I placed and cancelled an order through BB Thanksgiving Day called back after shopping on BF and after much hassle was told I would be getting free return label to return unopened product and once received will get full refund (since previous call wasn't documented they COULDN'T cancel). I haven't gotten label or item yet have received all my Amazon stuff except one item which they've actually pulled forward the shipping date for. Amazon is putting a lot of other retailers to shame this holiday season between almost unbeatable prices and the quick shipping.

I definately agree! Everytime I have ordered from another site (with the exception of Gymboree- ordered Thanksgiving, received following Monday!), I've been really disapointed with their whole shipping process. (Taking forever to ship product, not informing me when it has been shipped, using a SLOW method for shipping it...)

Amazon, however, usually ships within a couple of hours of my ordering, and I frequently receive items the next day with my Prime 2-day shipping. They usually have the same price, or lower, than I can find anywhere else, so Amazon is getting 95% of my business this year.

Right now I'm having to consider going through Kmart.com on something that they have for $29.99 and Amazon has for $49.99 (WM sold out at $59.99) and I'm not very happy about it! I don't want to deal with KMart... I wish Amazon would match their price!

I'm loving the Amazon Prime too. Everywhere else seems to take forever to ship stuff out!

tn20, if you do order from kmart.com keep a close eye on your order. I ordered from them and got a confirmation, but then never got a shipping notice or anything. I couldn't really get any details from my order on their site other than it was supposed to have been delivered 11/25, which it was well past. I emailed their customer service and they told me my order had been cancelled! They never sent me an email or anything until I was asking about it.

Add me to spoiled to Amazon. Now American Eagle I am also impressed with shipping times...Kohls not so much. Old Navy/Gap FORGET about it!

Last time Kohls used Fedex smartpost (worst invention ever made by MAN!) and my Thanksgiving outfit that was ordered 3wks prior did not arrive in time AND my blanket came in in WHITE instead of TEAL :(

tn20, if you do order from kmart.com keep a close eye on your order. I ordered from them and got a confirmation, but then never got a shipping notice or anything. I couldn't really get any details from my order on their site other than it was supposed to have been delivered 11/25, which it was well past. I emailed their customer service and they told me my order had been cancelled! They never sent me an email or anything until I was asking about it.

Thanks for the warning, Christi! While I was going back and forth debating ordering it, it sold out online, so I guess my decision was made for me! And it sounds like it might have been the right decision anyway.

Another tip would be to email Amazon about Kmart policy and watch the price of the item VERY closely....Amazon is up to game with beating competetiors this year :)

Hmm... I wonder if they would? Something tells me if it were WM or TRU, they would have already matched the price, but I'm not sure if they even have KM on their radar.

I've been waiting all week on an order from Buy.com that shipped on Sunday (Fedex). I checked for the item on Amazon, but it was $50 more. The next day, Amazon marked it down, but it was too late to cancel my order from Buy.com.

I ordered stuff on Thursday from Amazon and got it on Friday. I know I'm spoiled, because 7 days is not a long to wait to get something, but I'm ticked about it.

hmm I order from a variety of web sites and never have issues with any of my items

You are very lucky! Old Navy and Justice are so slow, and Justice charges way too much for shipping. I always allow at least 2 weeks for Old Navy, buy.com, and several others. Sephora ships very quickly. I always laugh at my shipping notification from overstock. By the time they send me the notification, the item has been delivered. I am way too spoiled with amazon, and my credit card reflects it!

Not a member of prime and yet I'm still an Amazon fan. As I said on another thread I had an item delivered in less than 10 hours with FSSS. :D

However, everything I ordered on BF from Walmart has also been delivered (or attempted). It was weird watching the stuff leaving from all over the country. I ordered two identical TVs and one came in 2 days from Nevada and the other came in a week from N.Y.

Don't even get me started on VS. I don't know how many times I've ordered and gotten no confirmation. A week later I get a card in the mail telling me it's out of stock and I can wait or cancel.

*raises hand* Another Amazon fan here! Don't do Prime, but so far I've placed IDK how many orders w/ free shipping and I can't believe how fast they came! My mom ordered something around 11am one day and it arrived around noon the next!

I didn't realize how spoiled I was until I started doing more online ordering elsewhere - I get order confirmations that have no information whatsoever about when the package will ship or when it's expected to arrive (I'm looking at you, Yankee Candle!), or I get outrageous estimates (one USB drive from WM ordered on BF won't be available at Site-to-Store til the 9th-14th?!?!). I still haven't figured out what in the name of heck is wrong with Old Navy's whole shipping system.

I must say, however, that I was quite pleasantly surprised with Kohl's; the stuff I ordered on BF all came very quicky! Granted it had just basically been lobbed in a box that was then sealed with 1 piece of tape, but whatever, I'm satisfied.

Currently waiting on orders from Old Navy, Best Buy (my order will be shipped in null-null days *headdesk*), and Amazon. The Amazon was ordered yesterday, while the other 2 were ordered on CM and BF, respectively. Who wants to guess which one will come first? :-P

Im having one issue with one of my walmart orders..

I ordered a jacket, among other misc items on black friday online..

Received all the items but the jacket.. Says 'estimated delivery' being the 2nd through the 7th of December.. Well.. Tomorrow is the 7th.. What should I do if I don't get it tomorrow?

It 'entered' the USPS facility on Dec 1st in SLC, UT (its being shipped to idaho)... And then nothing from that date.. It was shipped by UPS Innovations or some crap like that to begin with then transferred to USPS.. All I get when I go to USPS's website and track via their # is 'that it was notified on Dec 1st to expect your package'... What to do now.. ugh

Anyone know a customer service # for walmart? All I find is email..

Other than that headache, I love amazon shipping.. I was a prime trial member last year.. and loved it

-Dave

Conj....you're from New England too, right? I think it takes FOREVER for anyone (except Amazon) to ship up here. Wal-mart's a joke when it comes to shipping. Forget Kmart, they can't even bother to update their computers to say "we are shipping". Of all the merchants I have purchased online from, Amazon is THE QUICKEST! My worst shipping experience this year goes to Kmart. Ordered two sheet sets waited a week for me to get any info about the shipping. When they finally updated my order status, it said "shipping today", yet UPS already had it for three days and was delivering today. Last year I never used Amazon, but this year for online purchases, they are the top dog.

I am currently on a trial for the Amazon shipping, and right now the $79 looks worth it to me. Amazon ROCKS!! I am getting the majority of the stuff in just one day and not the two. Plus they send me emails telling me when it ships almost immediately so I am not guessing. I am currently waiting a package from DeepDiscount.com from almost a month ago~~~

hmm I order from a variety of web sites and never have issues with any of my items

The majority of comments here aren't 'issues' per say, unless you're accustomed to having free 2-day shipping with Amazon (which is usually next day). Anything that takes longer than 24 hours to get here becomes an issue with Amazon customers.

Realistically, a week to 10 days is a common shipping time, and would be acceptable to most shoppers, it is a PITA for us!

Im having one issue with one of my walmart orders..

I ordered a jacket, among other misc items on black friday online..

Received all the items but the jacket.. Says 'estimated delivery' being the 2nd through the 7th of December.. Well.. Tomorrow is the 7th.. What should I do if I don't get it tomorrow?

It 'entered' the USPS facility on Dec 1st in SLC, UT (its being shipped to idaho)... And then nothing from that date.. It was shipped by UPS Innovations or some crap like that to begin with then transferred to USPS.. All I get when I go to USPS's website and track via their # is 'that it was notified on Dec 1st to expect your package'... What to do now.. ugh

Anyone know a customer service # for walmart? All I find is email..

Other than that headache, I love amazon shipping.. I was a prime trial member last year.. and loved it

-Dave

1-800-925-6278(1-800-wal-mart)

I got a shipping confirmation for 1 of the 2 VS orders... well, 1/2 of it :( I need to call.

I would not mind 7-10 shipping - but they aren't even being processed for 7-10 days... and then the shipping time.. <sigh>

I have had no problem with Wal Mart shipping. Ordered several things on BF. One of them came on Tuesday and everything else came on Wednesday! Very fast!

Now on the other hand as someone who sells occasionally on ebay the fast shipping of these merchants has made it very difficult in that it has changed everyone's expectations. Many times I have sold something only to get an email just one or two days after the auction ended demanding to know where there item was and why they hadn't received it!

Remember when ANYTHING that was ordered by mail took 6-8 WEEKS to arrive?

called VS.... 2/4 items canceled... can not be replaced - now that 2 have shipped... of course they didn't TELL me they needed to cancel them before they shipped <sigh>

Walmart items arrived. still waiting on site-to-store item, Aeropostle, lands end, and the 2 VS, oh, and Joanns...

I have had no problem with Wal Mart shipping. Ordered several things on BF. One of them came on Tuesday and everything else came on Wednesday! Very fast!

Now on the other hand as someone who sells occasionally on ebay the fast shipping of these merchants has made it very difficult in that it has changed everyone's expectations. Many times I have sold something only to get an email just one or two days after the auction ended demanding to know where there item was and why they hadn't received it!

Remember when ANYTHING that was ordered by mail took 6-8 WEEKS to arrive?

yup, thats why we spent so little on anything ordered, and everything was purchased at a B&M

I have to agree with everyone here. I am now cursing myself for not just paying a few extra bucks to get everything I ordered from Amazon. I ordered a nerf gun from Hasbro, received nothing but a order confirmation, so I called them, and they told me that the item was OOS... however, I was able to order it while it was in-stock. No e-mail at all from them letting me know.

I ordered a Sirius Boombox and radio from J&R, and after the Hasbro incident I decided to look at my order. Called them up, and they said the boombox was backordered and would ship on the 17th. However, the radio component for some reason was discontinued, and I would not be receiving it AT ALL. No e-mail there either, btw. I don't think I would mind so much as long as I was informed.

(However, I went to Radio Shack and bought the boombox and radio, and knew someone who worked their, so I got their 10% discount :D )

Amazon on the other hand, I ordered from them yesterday about noon, and I just tracked it, and it is supposed to arrive today ... with only FSSS, not Prime!

Round of Applause for Amazon from me for sure!