Walmart Wii Deal Starts 12/5 $199 w/ $50 GC

KoopawnKode

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/walmart-wii-won-t-make-wallets-wince/1378665

You might have thought Black Friday marked the end of the holiday deals season, but Walmart has other plans.

Starting this Saturday (Dec. 5th), at 8 AM, Walmart will be offering a $50 gift card with every Wii purchase, bringing the effective price of the console down to just $149.99 -- and that's easily the best deal on a Wii we've ever seen.

The deal will last until December 12, or while supplies last. Good luck with that "while supplies last" thing: we'd guess that to be certain of a Wii deal you'll want to be there first thing on Saturday morning.

Looking for a Wii game to spend that $50 on? Sure you are. Although it comes with Wii Sports, most owners will want a little more variety. Fortunately, we've got you covered: check out the Wii section of our 2009 Holiday Gift Guide for recommendations that'll suit every taste.

Fans of other consoles (or those shopping for them) aren't left out in the cold, either. Walmart's also trimming between $10 and $20 from many of the year's top games -- including Dragon Age: Origins, Madden 10, Halo 3: ODST, and Uncharted 2.

My Walmart had the Wii's today so i went ahead and bought one. the store employee helping me said I could take it back Saturday for the price change but I would have to bring the wii with me. I also heard one of the employees say they had a pallet of wii's in the back for the event on Saturday. good luck!:yup:

I went to my Walmart today hoping to do the same, but there was not a Wii in sight. I really don't want to have to spend the wee hours of Saturday morning standing in line, so I went next door to Target and bought one with a $20 gift card and free nunchuk controller. Not as good of a deal, but pretty darn close, and worth not having to fight for one. :)

:D

So what time is everyone getting inline in the am?I dont need one but my SIL does and she cant go so i told her i would go for her.Im thinking like 7 as my Wolly got 110 of them in but now im rethinking maybe 6??What do yall think?

I'm going to be there @ 6am:D

My Walmart had the Wii's today so i went ahead and bought one. the store employee helping me said I could take it back Saturday for the price change but I would have to bring the wii with me. I also heard one of the employees say they had a pallet of wii's in the back for the event on Saturday. good luck!:yup:

Good luck with that. I've tried that a few times at BB and WM and they always say that freebies do not qualify for a price adjustment because the price is the same. Same reason stores will not price match freebies.

I was at my local store today and several employees told me this sale was on Sunday not tomorrow...now I thoroughly confused! They also said that the service desk would not be able to do an adjustment...I'd have to return it and then repurchase it in the electronics area to get the gift card.

You might not be able to return the new Wii on the old receipt. When I bought my XBOX and received the $100 gift card, they had to put the serial number from the xbox in the system for the gift card. I think they do the same any time you purchase a game system or any other electronics item, they scan in the serial number in when you purchase, so when you return it matches up. They did the same with my blue-ray dvd player...

I went to the walmart around 7:00 AM. There were only few people in front of me in the line. At the most only 15 people in the line for the wii. I guess everyone was able to grab one. Manager mentioned that they have plenty in stock.

Hubby had school today, and he didn't know about the deal till afterwards. We went to Wal-Mart Super Center in Plymouth, MA and got our Wii around 2:30 PM. We used the GC to get Mario VS. Sonic Winter Games. They were out of remotes so we went to Target down the street to buy one.

They had about 10 behind the desk in Electronics. I am pretty sure they had more in back but they were doing a brisk business. The people in front of us bought 2 and there were people behind us buying.

Very happy with the deal!