who do I write to~ TRU

epgpjp

We had a terrible experience at TRU on BF. I want to write a letter upper management people for the brick and morter stores. Does anyone know any names and the addresses that I need? after waiting an hour and a half outside the store on BF which we knew and expected we would be doing since the doors didn't open till midnight. However the store manager let in probably at least 1000 people at one time into the store! it was standing room only if you had a cart which I did. My oldest daughter who was with me, was wiggling through people the best she could trying to get the items we came for. Most of the items in the ads were not on the floor where they said they were supposed to be. Anyway, managed to get what I came for and was in a "so called check out line" by 12:15. HOWEVER, employees said that wasn't a line when I could see only 3 people in front of me and then the checkout! They sent us to the other side of the store... and to the back of the line at the back of the store...didn't get checked out until 3:15am! 3 hours we stood in line in a total caotic line system where they had tape on the floor we were to follow. Even tho we followed the tape, others didn't. no employees around to stop the line breakers and total frustration for everyone. tempers were starting to flare by 2:30. heard of a fight on the other side of the store that we couldn't see or hear because of the 1000 people around us. by the time we could see the checkouts they had people still trying to get into the store but no place for them to go because the tape on the floor left the line of people blocking the access for people to get in. it was crazy! So if you know who I can write to, it would be greatly appriciated. Thanks

My store was horrible! The police were there before the doors were even opened. There were so many people in line outside there was almost a stampede. It was very disorganized and there was no security to protect those standing in line. A very poor system this year. I was very disappointed.

Unfortunately there are few other big toy retailers...so what is their incentive to make things better next year? If your kid wants something and TRU has the deal you're stuck.

This is true. They have no incentive to make anything better or more customer friendly until somebody gets hurt or dies. Just like the whole Wal-Mart thing last year.

Thanks everyone. It is a shame I wasn't the only one with a problem at TRU. Friends of ours were at the other TRU near our house. We are in the middle of two of them, each about 5 - 7 miles in either direction. We went to the one, they went to the other. The one they went to was so organized they said. Tons more people, but the store manager only let so many in at one time. Waited as they checked out others were let in. She was in and out with 3 carts full of toys in 40 minutes. Said they had employees at each aisle directing people. Everything they said was so well organized. They said it was all in the management. HOW TRUE. In the process of writing my letter!

The shine has been off the TRU apple for me since last year's Christmas shopping season. Although my TRU BF experience was actually quite good last year - my store was very organized with helpful staff directing shopper traffic and herding us fairly into proper check-out lines which moved relatively swiftly - it was a pricing error and their initial unwillingness to rectify it that ruined TRU for me.

My husband purchased a Star Wars Force FX Yoda Lightsaber at TRU for our son that was advertised for $89 (reg $129). After Christmas, we were going over the receipts and discovered that the lightsaber rang up full price. (Husband has very little opportunity to Christmas shop and tends to have to 'powershop' Christmas Eve afternoon, so he did not notice the discrepancy when it happened.) So, on New Year's Day, we went to TRU for a price adjustment.

Turns out, the licensing for the SW lightsabers was changing, and TRU was clearing out the old stock before bringing out the new. However, while their signage indicated the sale price and the item description (yet no item numbers), the shelves had been stocked with a mix of the old AND the new lightsabers. Of course, packaging was identical, so, when my husband fished around for a box in the best condition, he happened to pull out one of the new lightsabers that weren't suppose to be out on the shelves yet. The only way to tell there was a difference was by which price came up at the registers. Besides that, a customer would have no way of knowing about the switch in licensing nor the reason why the item was on sale. Does it matter, really?

Nevertheless, the fact that new stock was present on the shelf too early really wasn't our concern. TRU advertised the item for $89, and we expected them to honor it. When the clerk at the "courtesy" desk explained the circumstances of why the item rang up at $129, we were understanding: Sure, the new stock was brought out in error. She apparently assumed the explanation would satisfy us and refused to refund the $40 difference. I explained, calmly and politely, that while we understand that mistakes happen, it was not our error, and that we still expect that the advertised price be honored. Unintentional though it may have been, it still resembled a sort of bait-and-switch. (At this point in time, the sale, of course, was over and the old stock had been removed, so we couldn't simply swap lightsabers, silly though it was since the merchandise was identical.) She decided that we were unreasonable and refused to continue to serve us, calling up her manager.

After reliving the whole situation over again and a few more minutes of verbal 'arm-twisting' with the manager, she ultimately refunded us the difference, more to get rid of us than anything else, I'm sure. We never raised our voices or lost our tempers, but I think the first clerk may have expected us to - and probably spent the previous week dealing with less reasonable customer returns - and didn't know how to cope with us when we insisted that they honor the sale price regardless which specific lightsaber was purchased. We weren't leaving until they did!

Despite my relative calmness, I was ticked off enough not to step foot into TRU again until 10 months later - and with great hesitation - to check on an item's price and availability. (I wasn't sad when they didn't have it.) I couldn't believe their resistance to honoring their own advertisement. While they begrudgingly gave up $40 bucks, they've really lost hundreds in any future business we would bring them. Add that to the hundreds lost from other customers they've successfully ticked off, and they'll find their bottom line greatly affected.

If you're still with me, thanks for reading my tale of woe. Clearly, after nearly a year, I still needed to vent about this! LOL

You could buy the items you want online. However, shipping costs are OUTRAGEOUS! Case in point, I purchased two items online that totaled $23.78. My shipping was $15.00!! That's 63% of the price of the items!! Funny though, they are the first items I received.

I ordered online also and got 8 items shipped for $6.95 so I don't think it was too bad. Just received everything today too! Very pleased!

From what I understand from my son and dil one of two of our TRU was horrible. They was first in line. Everytime they asked an employee where something was they replied "I don't know" or if this was the correct item, "you'll have to check it out at the regrister. Very rude and not helpful at all. They forced my son to check out ahead of his wife (who didn't have the checkbook) they did not give him the train what was free with the train table. When he wanted to return to table they told him he would have to wait until 1 pm after the blist to return anything.

There was a guy there (he worked at TRU) told my son that all of the blists items were in a trailer behind the store and was told NOT to unload the trailer. Sounds like they didn't want to sell the items.

they also had a problem with the DSi that was advertised. Appearently there was a sleeve that was advertised to come with the DSi, but they was told it was an OR not and.

They talked to the manager at the other TRU store who told them that was incorrect about the sleeve and they needed to tell the other store manager and he/she should honor the ad. They was also told that the train and table was together at their store.

The zhu zhu pets.....yeah they had tickets but didnt get them. and wouldn't have gotten the FREE crayola had they not asked for them.

Glad to hear that this was not a single store problem but several. Makes me not want to go there.