KitchenAid Stand Mixer Deals on BF (Verdict: Kohl's has the best deals)

Brad

The KitchenAid stand mixers are always a popular item on Black Friday.

Kohl's clearly has the best deals this week. They'll have 15% off instantly, plus if you order online you can use coupon code TURKEY15 to save 15% more. Then you'll get Kohl's Cash on the after-coupon total, plus free shipping.

Classic 4.5-Quart Mixer:

Kohls: $199 - 15% instant - 15% coupon - $20 rebate = $125 + free $20 in Kohl's Cash

Macy's: $199 - $20 rebate = $179

Walmart: $139 (no rebate)

Artisan 5-Quart Mixer:

Kohls: $299 - 15% instant - 15% coupon - $30 rebate = $187 + free $40 in Kohl's Cash

Sears: $299 - $30 rebate - $5 coupon = $264

Okay ya'll are talking me into to it. Now should I get the 4.5qt or the 5 qt?

5 quart! I had the Artisan and upgraded to the Professional 6 qt last year. Amazon had a deal the other day on the 6 quart. Check amazon too because it will save you on sales tax.

Here's my dilemma; dhmil gives us $100 each to get what we want. So I can justify adding allittle to it and getting the 4.5 qt but I can't do $89 extra. Plus she has us bring the presents to her house for everyone to see and other sil's will know there's no way I got this for $100. So is the 4.5 qt good enough? I have one I bought from target last year for $25,but he has no attachements.

Here's my dilemma; dhmil gives us $100 each to get what we want. So I can justify adding allittle to it and getting the 4.5 qt but I can't do $89 extra. Plus she has us bring the presents to her house for everyone to see and other sil's will know there's no way I got this for $100. So is the 4.5 qt good enough? I have one I bought from target last year for $25,but he has no attachements.

Buy the one you want and to heck with the SIL's! They could have added to theirs.

Just print out an on-line picture of the 4.5 quart to bring to your MIL's, but buy the 5 quart. It is worth the extra money to have a more powerful motor as well as a larger mixing bowl. You also get double the Kohl's cash if you get the artisan.

I think that you will be happy with either mixer, but you will be happier with the artisan. After you net out the Kohl's cash, you will only be paying $42 extra for a mixer that retails for $100 more than the 4.5 quart. :)

I have the America's Test Kitchen book for 2007, where they reviewed 12 mixers, but they reviewed it more for durability, so they kneaded dough.

The KitchenAid Artisan is Recommended with Reservations - the kneading of dough caused audible strain on the motor, and narrow bowl mouth hindered tidy addition of ingredients.

The KitchenAid Classic (4.5 quarts) is Not Recommended - "KitchenAid's smallest model seemed more like a toy and wasn't cut out for kneading dough."

They recommend if all you are going to do is beat egg whites and stir cake mix, get a hand mixer, which I agree. I don't have the biggest kitchen, so my mixer doesn't sit on the counter. I can't even get to it easily because I don't have the cabinet space to easily put it away. But I still love it. And it's such a pretty blue.

Update: I splurged but only got the 4.5 qt. WIth everything else I got at Kohls I now have $50 in kohls cash to spend. I figured I just get the 4.5 and then in w few years if I need to upgrade I will and pass this one to my dd who's getting married this Jan and just made her first apple pie wednesday.

For all those who bought the kitchenaid mixers on bf, look at your rebate. I luckily looked this morning and it has to be postmarked by Dec 27, 2009 and you need the upc from the box. I'm glad I saw this before I wrapped it. Should I really be wrapping my own christmas present?

For all those who bought the kitchenaid mixers on bf, look at your rebate. I luckily looked this morning and it has to be postmarked by Dec 27, 2009 and you need the upc from the box. I'm glad I saw this before I wrapped it. Should I really be wrapping my own christmas present?

hehe. I wrap my own presents every year! Not as fun as not knowing what's under the wrapping paper, but still fun!

At least you know the gift is something that you will enjoy! I hope that you love your new mixer. They are awesome.