Item Added for BF - $197 HP Laptop!

dad2trips

how does this compare to the emachine at WM? I know HP is probably a better name but spec wise.

Thanks for the help

Major difference I see is the processor:

Walmart's eMachine - AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor TF-20

(1.6GHz, 512KB L2 cache, 667MHz FSB)

Best Buy's HP - Intel® Celeron®Processor Speed2.2GHz

All other specs are comparable. Regarding the processor - Either would suffice for general usage - Microsoft Office, Internet surfing, etc. Not the gaming computer, but both at a great savings.

So if you are already planning on Walmart I wouldn't change plans for this HP.

Well, so much for people expecting no lines at Best Buy, the HP name on this cheap laptop will bring shoppers out in droves. It's probably the same quality as that emachines, but the HP name is always popular with customers.

Not so much the name but the customer service I have gotten from HP far out weighs ANY I have got from Toshiba or any other I have dealt with.

not camping out at BB - but it is on the list - so we will see if they still have any left - for some bizarre reason... hey, can't hurt to ask... and no, I am not holding my breath

You never know, stranger things have happened.

I have seen employees telling customers that they may have some left if tickets are not turned in.

Good luck

If this was any other brand other than HP, I'd camp out for one. HP quality sucks! Many deals out there now and over the last two months seem better than any BF "specials" :( What happened to BB having Toshiba on BF? Like the $250 celery 3 years ago? Looks like I'm gonna do most my shopping online this year.

If this was any other brand other than HP, I'd camp out for one. HP quality sucks! Many deals out there now and over the last two months seem better than any BF "specials" :( What happened to BB having Toshiba on BF? Like the $250 celery 3 years ago? Looks like I'm gonna do most my shopping online this year.

I beg to differ, I have owned HP Laptops for 6 years now, a new one each year. NEVER have I had any issues with any of them. I recommend them to everyone I know and buy them for clients when they are looking for a laptop and NEVER have a had a issue with them. There customer service is second to none and are always willing to go the extra mile for me.

To each his own.

I have to agree with this/ yahoo said yesterday hp was among the worst brands for laptops. I have a big laptop for over $1100 I purchased 2 bfs ago. Lasted exactly 1 yr and then the screen broke.

I beg to differ, I have owned HP Laptops for 6 years now, a new one each year. NEVER have I had any issues with any of them. I recommend them to everyone I know and buy them for clients when they are looking for a laptop and NEVER have a had a issue with them. There customer service is second to none and are always willing to go the extra mile for me.

To each his own.

Good to know at least HP has one happy customer. I've bought two HP craptops. Got the $379 core solo DV6000 BB BF special a couple years back and the sound went out after a year and the battery wouldn't last more than 1hr 15min. Bought another HP DV6000 from BB for $679 and had to have BB send it to HP twice for a Mobo replacement. :(

I got that junk 3 years ago and it has been nothing but problems ever since. It is slower and we have had to replace the cord 3 times. If they had a Toshiba for $100. I would have passed.

HP for me any day of the week!!!

Klownicle:

To each his own.

in response to bschmiess's personal opinion based on his unfortunate personal experience.

I am with Klownicle 100%. My favorite laptops.:thumbsup: The only brand I will buy for my family and practically the only brand I will buy for friends. So add at least 30 more people to the satisfied customer list because that's about how many have gone through me in the last 5 years and they are all still running fine. From the $279 Doorbusters to My 14" Doorbuster from last year.

By the way....Anyone heard from StationChief?

Good to know at least HP has one happy customer. I've bought two HP craptops. Got the $379 core solo DV6000 BB BF special a couple years back and the sound went out after a year and the battery wouldn't last more than 1hr 15min. Bought another HP DV6000 from BB for $679 and had to have BB send it to HP twice for a Mobo replacement. :(

I got that junk 3 years ago and it has been nothing but problems ever since. It is slower and we have had to replace the cord 3 times. If they had a Toshiba for $100. I would have passed.

HP for me any day of the week!!!

LOL! I am currently on my DV6000 "craptop" that I got from BB a few years back and I have no complaints. The battery still lasts as long as it did when I first bought it and I work on it everyday...5 days a week. In fact I am thinking about giving it to my son because it plays Real Arcade better then his PC. Then I got the HP Pavillion DV4-1114nr last BF at Best Buy and I love it! I have no complaints about HP. *Knocks On Wood* :cheesy:

Personalities aside, this thread is about the computers up for grabs on BF so maybe we should get back on topic before....:2bullwhip

A lot of people are here to find out what we know about how the specs pan out so they can buy the best machine they can afford. We and they are down to the wire here.

In Summary--

1. most people have a preferred brand. All Brands have the potional to throw a lemon.

2. looks may matter to you. If at all possible go to a store and look at the computers. Is there something that you notice is different from one that you like/dislike? size, bulkiness, keystrokes, touchpad placement...etc?

3. What can you afford to pay? Then get the best computer you like you can afford.

Happiness and joy to all, see ya at BB