Tickets to kids?

dustysky

Normally I would not even consider taking my daughter (she is 9) but this year she has begged me to please come with us. We live in Florida so the weather is not an issue.

I just read that you do NOT have to be 18 to get a ticket, I read this ON the Best Buy website.

I would love to be able to get an extra HP laptop as a gift ......

My question is have you ever seen anyone denied a ticket at my daughters age or around her age?

"Gift" right, I hope they say no. You should only get one, and if it were up to me, I'd throw you to the back of the line for even asking.

Thanks for your input.

For your info, not that it matters what the hell you think, yes it would be a gift.

If you are referring to the fact that I have NO issue with tickets being sold and no issue with saying so, that is not the case for this particulate item.

So don't worry just because I WILL be in line before YOU, this ticket will not be for sale.

yes, she should be able to get one - she might need a way to pay for it tho....

My dd came with me one year and she got a sears GC - she spent it on presents from her - why should it be 1 to a household?

Cool, I am still 95% sure that she will be home with a sitter just because its a LONG time for a kid to be out there.

I am not sure why people are so hell bent on the 1 per household thing - everyones household is different so I guess if you have 3 collage students then you have to pick which one is more worthy. Whatever. People can be on such a high horse.

I personally feel if me and my whole household puts the time in to fight rain, sleet, snow, cold, and/or lack of sleep, they should be entitled to a ticket. I want to go, my hubby wants to go, and my son and if I have the money to pay for all my items then we should be able to get it. One per customer makes more sense to me then one per household. It could be a gift for whoever or myself, that should not matter.

Take your daughter and I hope you two all get evrything you want. Just don't let her get lost in the crowd. ;)

Take her with you and I hope you get what you want too. Most of mine are grown and married now but they and their spouses are excited about BF. We will have someone at every store we need things from. (and extra at Target to get the most gift cards possible.)

Thanks for your input.

For your info, not that it matters what the hell you think, yes it would be a gift.

If you are referring to the fact that I have NO issue with tickets being sold and no issue with saying so, that is not the case for this particulate item.

So don't worry just because I WILL be in line before YOU, this ticket will not be for sale.

My son gets his share of tickets, and he has been doing this since he was

11. he is now 15. So heck yeah!!!:yup:

I thought you said you sold all of your tickets?

I never said I sold ALL our tickets.

I don't camp unless I want something for US personally, my son who is 18 comes with me every year. We enjoy the time together, play games and get to talk more then we normally would.

If there is something that is hot and people want to buy a ticket he has in the past been able to do that. ALL THE POWER TO HIM!

So this year, this particular deal is something HE and I both want. YES I would love to be able to get a 3rd, as I said as a gift. I happen to have a little extra money this year and can afford to do that (with the black Friday price).

I have in the end decided not to take my daughter, again she is 9 years old. I will be getting gifts for her and in addition to that I would be always watching her and not really able to shop. In addition to that it is a tradition of myself and son that I prefer to keep.

So with all that being said, yes my take on ticket sales is still the same I DO NOT CARE what anyone does with there ticket. If they are willing to get out there on Wednesday with the sole intention of ticket sales then so be it.

I prefer to not mind everyone's business for them.

If we are going to get the item and NOT sell the ticket, then I let my daughter get a ticket. They never have given us any problem with giving her a ticket and she started at age 9.

I think alot of negitive comments in here stem from what was said by OP in the other thread about selling tickets.

Definitely take your daughter! The horrible BB I was at a couple of years ago changed their policies morning of to 1 ticket per person for all doorbusters (and they didn't even know what they had). So I got screwed because we had a party of 2 and were limited to 2 after waiting for 18 hours. The people in front of us had their kids with them and argued to get an extra ticket per kid too. The manager was really snippy about that - he actually demanded to see how the kids were going to pay for those items. But that was the perfect insurance policy and they were the only ones in line to get everything they wanted which they totally deserved for waiting forever.

thanks for the info on this. My son and his friends are planning to go to best buy to get the xbox systems. I wasn't sure if they would give a ticket to teen boys (they range in age from 15-18). I will be over at WM so I wasn't sure if there would be a probelm with them getting a ticket without a parent present. Of course, my son is well over 6' and has been known to claim to be 18 if the situation requires it. lol

And no, not worried about the cold. All but one of the boys is a boy scout and they do the polar bear campout every year including last year's 25 below zero windchill. They are going as a group for safety reasons and each will have a cell phone.

As far as the comments about tickets to kids in general -- if the person with the ticket is the one in line who is paying for it - not an issue to me, but I would hope that no store manager would give a ticket to a toddler or infant b/c the parent has them in line. and you really can't enforce any type of age rule b/c most kids don't have any idea that would show their age unless they are old enough to drive. There are a lot of families with more than one child who are looking to buy identical gifts for their children.

thanks for the info on this. My son and his friends are planning to go to best buy to get the xbox systems. I wasn't sure if they would give a ticket to teen boys (they range in age from 15-18). I will be over at WM so I wasn't sure if there would be a probelm with them getting a ticket without a parent present. Of course, my son is well over 6' and has been known to claim to be 18 if the situation requires it. lol

And no, not worried about the cold. All but one of the boys is a boy scout and they do the polar bear campout every year including last year's 25 below zero windchill. They are going as a group for safety reasons and each will have a cell phone.

As far as the comments about tickets to kids in general -- if the person with the ticket is the one in line who is paying for it - not an issue to me, but I would hope that no store manager would give a ticket to a toddler or infant b/c the parent has them in line. and you really can't enforce any type of age rule b/c most kids don't have any idea that would show their age unless they are old enough to drive. There are a lot of families with more than one child who are looking to buy identical gifts for their children.

just an FYI I did go to our store and chatted with the manager. He said it is at the discretion of management (I would have a print out of the rules and give it to your boys to show them if there is a problem.

just an FYI I did go to our store and chatted with the manager. He said it is at the discretion of management (I would have a print out of the rules and give it to your boys to show them if there is a problem.

thanks for letting me know. The boys have been comparing all the ads to decide which store had the best deal and are now planning their camping strategy. to be honest, teenage boys are probably the least likely people to sell the game systems on ebay. My son sold off a bunch of his outgrown toys, books, and video games to save up for black friday shopping for his xbox. :yup:

thanks for letting me know. The boys have been comparing all the ads to decide which store had the best deal and are now planning their camping strategy. to be honest, teenage boys are probably the least likely people to sell the game systems on ebay. My son sold off a bunch of his outgrown toys, books, and video games to save up for black friday shopping for his xbox. :yup:

How did you make out?? I did not bring my daughter but the guy behind me had his son who looked about 9 or 10. They intended to get 3 laptops ($197.) and JUST before they came out with tickets an employee announced that NO ONE under 18 would get a ticket.

I spoke up and told them they are contradicting the policy on there site and they could not have cared less.

So I wonder if this was just our store????

How did you make out?? I did not bring my daughter but the guy behind me had his son who looked about 9 or 10. They intended to get 3 laptops ($197.) and JUST before they came out with tickets an employee announced that NO ONE under 18 would get a ticket.

I spoke up and told them they are contradicting the policy on there site and they could not have cared less.

So I wonder if this was just our store????

No, the policy was apparently changed at will. They pulled this stunt with our group. We had enough people to counter most of this, but we will have a better strategy next year, including the corporate policy printed out, along with an understanding beforehand on what they will or will not attempt to do. We had one of the most frustrating times ever, and will elaborate in another section.:mad:

No, the policy was apparently changed at will. They pulled this stunt with our group. We had enough people to counter most of this, but we will have a better strategy next year, including the corporate policy printed out, along with an understanding beforehand on what they will or will not attempt to do. We had one of the most frustrating times ever, and will elaborate in another section.:mad:

post a link I would love to read about it.