What is your favorite dish to eat on Thanksgiving?

ShoppingChick13

My favorite dish on Thanksgiving is my Dad's Mashed Potatoes. He uses Idaho Potatoes, a little bit of milk and a TON of butter (and salt and pepper to taste). One stick of butter when he's mashing the potatoes and then about half a stick of butter after he has mashed them, that he puts in the middle and covers with more mashed potatoes so when you take a scoop all of this melted butter comes pouring out! YUMMY!!!!!:yup::gdlicklips:

They are so simple and so good. Now when I make them I use a little half and half and Kerry Gold Irish Butter.

My favorite day after meal is leftover Turkey cooked in a pan with leftover gravy and then poured over leftover Mashed Potatoes and Stuffing!

My Mom's favorite is her stuffing. I do love it, but I gotta have Dad's Mashed Potatoes! :D

What is your favorite dish?

Ooh, I would have to say that my favorite thing to eat on Thanksgiving is our Bourbon-Gingersnap Ham... SOOO good! My mom makes the best sour cream and chive potatoes, so those would be a close second.

My favorite leftover is a Thanksgiving sandwich. Homemade roll from MIL, slice of turkey, stuffing, lots of cranberry sauce. MMM!

Last night I was reading a Thanksgiving story to my kids and my DS7 kept groaning. I would SHH him and keep reading but finally I asked why he was making all that noise. He said, "I just want to eat all that food right now!" LOL. His favorite is jellied cranberry sauce. The kid will open a can of it anytime of year and eat it plain, by the spoonful.

I love me some stuffing, but if I could pick more than one I'd say my uncle's spicy greens, baked macaroni and cheese & my mom's sweet potato pie..man I miss home. We're cooking our first Thanksgiving just our little family and while it won't be as extensive I'm sure it will be good.