179$ compaq laptop true?

lokster

is this add true? because i dont see it in the ad scan.. if so id go straight to bestbuy and not office depot, and how early do i have to be there to get there like first 10 people in line or something? whats your experience? this is my first BF ever, after getting best buy you think id still have time to go around other stores?

i was honestly thinking i should be there 2 hours before the open.:D

is this add true? because i dont see it in the ad scan.. if so id go straight to bestbuy and not office depot, and how early do i have to be there to get there like first 10 people in line or something? whats your experience? this is my first BF ever, after getting best buy you think id still have time to go around other stores?

i was honestly thinking i should be there 2 hours before the open.:D

As someone who has done BB for years, but not going there this year, getting there 2 hours before the doors open will assure you that you'll spend most of the day at BB as you'll be around the 300th person in line, if not worse.

To be in the first 10 in line, you'll have to be there by noon Thursday at the latest. By 6PM on Thursday, without fail, the line is well over 50 if not worse.

yeah im referring to that laptop, i like the size of the keyboard, lol how early to snag that laptop? :P

You do know that is not a laptop right? It is a netbook. It's smaller than a laptop and has no cd/dvd drive. It's on the top of page 36 in the BB scan if you are still loooking for it.

Just an FYI...:fluffy:

WOW wednesday afternoon? really? where do u guys live? lol i dunno if its gona be as crowded here in sacramento. maybe im better off looking for an isolated best buy haha

I've driven by the Best Buy in Gilroy on many a Thanksgiving morning on my way to NorCal from SoCal, and without fail, around noon there were already 10-12 people in line.

I live in North Texas and I start the BB line around Wednesday morning and by Wednesday night I have 100 people behind me.

WOW wednesday afternoon? really? where do u guys live? lol i dunno if its gona be as crowded here in sacramento. maybe im better off looking for an isolated best buy haha

I think in the past it has started at 1am to 1:30am est. early thursday morning. Doesn't hurt to try and get this online instead of waiting in line.

Just when you do it online be quick. Check out per item if you have to, and it helps to have the items waiting in your car before hand. However with somthing like this you can't have it in your cart becuase its a black friday specific edition.

Again there is no gureentee this will be part of there online sale except for the fact its listed right under the "SHOP ONLINE THANKSGIVING DAY" words. I have internet on my phone and in front of my bestbuy so ill be doing recon in the parking lot to make sure I still have a postion in line if I miss out on this.

I think in the past it has started at 1am to 1:30am est. early thursday morning. Doesn't hurt to try and get this online instead of waiting in line.

Just when you do it online be quick. Check out per item if you have to, and it helps to have the items waiting in your car before hand. However with somthing like this you can't have it in your cart becuase its a black friday specific edition.

Again there is no gureentee this will be part of there online sale except for the fact its listed right under the "SHOP ONLINE THANKSGIVING DAY" words. I have internet on my phone and in front of my bestbuy so ill be doing recon in the parking lot to make sure I still have a postion in line if I miss out on this.

Will this be available online?

Just got back from my local bestbuy store. I was just scouting around, and happen to pass by the garage where they do auto tech and tinting, and i saw around 30+ compaq notebook and 40+ ps3. but sadly i only saw 1 HP laptop ($200) they must have more in the back. And i also saw bunch of TVs

Edit: and my store is pretty small.. so i think im gonna get what i want this year.

You really never know when you'll have to line up. The best thing to do if you don't live too far is make runs over to BB and check out the line. The first year I went (2005) I didn't have to get in line until 1am, but the 2nd year it was 8pm, 3rd 4pm.. It seems to get more and more popular every year. Last year I was out there at 3pm and was about 40th in line, but I didn't get a thing I went for, but my friend got what he was looking for. We then headed over to fry's electronics and on the way back, we stopped by another BB around 2pm and they had all of the doorbusters and they still rang up as the doorbuster price too, which I believe is only valid until 1pm. I was so ticked off I waited in line at the first one for 14hrs. We now have about 6 best buy's within 30 minutes of my house, so I just go from store to store until I find a short line, but I won't have to worry about it this year, because they don't have a thing worth waiting in line for. They've had the same or better deals than BF over the last couple months. The $229 Gateway netbook I got from BB 2 days ago w/ 6 cell battery is a better deal than this $179 HP netbook and I didn't have to wait in line for 14-36 hours like others are going to do. Black friday is getting more and more popular and the real deals are getting more and more scarce. The first year I went to BB for BF, they had a $150 desktop package. It was $189 the second, and $299 last year. :confused: Some TVs have been coming down in price, but the 32" HDTV for $299 on BF has been $299 for most of the last two months. Oh well, guess I'll check out target or walmart this year.