Roomba robot vacuum

rogue1230

We've owned 2 roombas and we have a Scooba too... DH is not too happy with the current one because it seems to want to be cleaned all the time, but we have two dogs now, so what would you expect! I love the roombas, we have have the 530 now, from Woot, wish I could have gotten the 560 (scheduling feature).

You still have to use your regular vacuum once in a while for deep down cleaning, but these will certainly help with day to day keep up of the floors in your home - oh they do not work on dark carpet. I have a med-lt gray carpet and it works fine on that.

We've owned 2 roombas and we have a Scooba too... DH is not too happy with the current one because it seems to want to be cleaned all the time, but we have two dogs now, so what would you expect! I love the roombas, we have have the 530 now, from Woot, wish I could have gotten the 560 (scheduling feature).

You still have to use your regular vacuum once in a while for deep down cleaning, but these will certainly help with day to day keep up of the floors in your home - oh they do not work on dark carpet. I have a med-lt gray carpet and it works fine on that.

can you define dark, I have a brick red berber? you think it will work on that?

I have one, and it works wonders on wood. (I have no carpet in my house) I want the new thing out that mows the lawn! Have you guys seen those?!

EDIT: I just checked the iRobot's (that's who makes Roomba) site and they now have the following robots... I want them all!!!

Roomba - Vacuum

Scooba - Washes Floors

Verro - POOL CLEANER!!!! WOOT!

Dirt Dog - Shop Cleaning Robot

Looj - CLEANS YOUR GUTTERS!! WOOT!!

We have the 530 & love it. It's been working great for the past 2 1/2 yrs. It just recently started not holding it's charge. We use it every day at least once sometimes twice a day. I have long hair & I would say about once a week I clean off the brushes. It does a really good job but still once a week we break out the big vacuum. I have allergies & it has really helped with keeping the dust down. We have hard wood floors with area rugs.

The replacement battery is $89 so, I'm holding off till Black Friday & just getting a new one at Kohl since they will be $99.

can you define dark, I have a brick red berber? you think it will work on that?

I would think it would be fine w/the brick red - the roomba has a sensor so it won't fall down stairs so if doesn't "see" the floor it thinks it will fall into the "black hole". I'm not sure how dark a carpet has to be for it not to work, I just know that there is at least one wooter (woot.com) who always states it will not work on his/her floor because the carpet is dark.

I have one, and it works wonders on wood. (I have no carpet in my house) I want the new thing out that mows the lawn! Have you guys seen those?!

EDIT: I just checked the iRobot's (that's who makes Roomba) site and they now have the following robots... I want them all!!!

Roomba - Vacuum

Scooba - Washes Floors

Verro - POOL CLEANER!!!! WOOT!

Dirt Dog - Shop Cleaning Robot

Looj - CLEANS YOUR GUTTERS!! WOOT!!

YES - I want them all :D Dh was the lawn mower one also - he has looked at it.

Is the Roomba in a BF ad?

Tammy

I'm thinking of getting one for my MIL who has hip problems. Can you move it from room to room or do you just set it up in one room? She lives alone and I think this may keep up with her dirt. She won't have to use the big vaccum as much.

Thank you so much for posting reviews for this! I was thinking about getting it, but didn't know how well it worked...we have a golden retriever, and a baby, so there is always hair on the floor, and with the baby starting to make her way around, she'll get a fistful of fur if I don't have the vacuuming caught up...we have hardwoods and one room with an area rug...

SOOOOOOOO getting this!!

I'm thinking of getting one for my MIL who has hip problems. Can you move it from room to room or do you just set it up in one room? She lives alone and I think this may keep up with her dirt. She won't have to use the big vaccum as much.

I got one for my dad last year. He has linoleum in his kitchen and thick pile carpet in his dining and living rooms. He does not have to pick it up to move it unless it gets stuck, but he said it only took him 1 or 2 times to rearrange slightly so it does not get stuck. It moves from the thick pile to linoleum and back with no issues. Just make sure the automatic charger is in a central location so it can get back to the charger without running out.

I have a roomba...love it! Keep your receipt, though, in case you have any problems. I had to exchange mine. I bought the scooba, used it once, and returned it. I hated it. All it did was dump its own dirty water all over my kitchen floor. So, I would not recommend it. I love my roomba, though.

I have three roomba's (found them all at the flea market for $30.00 each!). I really love them. They were my best purchase for the house so far. I have a central vac I never even pull out. I just turn the roomba on in the morning and when i get home floors are spotless and it's back charging. Wouldn't give mine up for anything! Even got my Mom and a couple of friends to buy them and they love it too! Everyone thinks their a crock until they get one for themselves. Then they don't know how to live without it!