Arrival Time

vanhalenrox1025

wow...I guess it depends on where you live/come from.

around here you'll get the line starter to come in Tues/Wed and then no one starts coming in until Thanksgiving dinner is done around 7-10pm. I've gone to BB for the last 4 years (excluding last year) at around 12:30am and I was always among the first 25. Granted, I didn't need EVERY doorbuster so I didn't worry. I am looking at getting the OM netbook so i'll head over there around 12am.

The reason I put such a longer wait time on computers is that most of the people waiting in line for them are high school and college kids. They get out there extra early. Where I camp I am the first in line. Behind me there is always high school and college kids behind my group. Their parents drop them off and check on them from time to time. It is fun for them and they are young.

I have NEVER done Best Buy before but am a veteran BF shopper. What time should I line up for the $179 laptop? How many of these items does BB usually have in stock? AND, is this really a great deal? I would spend an extra $50 or so dollars to NOT go to BB on BF.

That is probably the hottest item in BB this year. I'd say to be safe line up Wednesday night but it depends on where you are and when they start lining up at that location.

I'm a lazy BF shopper. I don't hang out all night, but I do try to get to stores about 15 to 20 minutes after they open and go in to get the items I want. I don't shop for the big ticket things. I usually go for the smaller items.

If I want to get some of the games for Wii at BB, will getting there about 15 minutes after they open still allow me a good selection? Specifically the Bash Party game.

I'm a lazy BF shopper. I don't hang out all night, but I do try to get to stores about 15 to 20 minutes after they open and go in to get the items I want. I don't shop for the big ticket things. I usually go for the smaller items.

If I want to get some of the games for Wii at BB, will getting there about 15 minutes after they open still allow me a good selection? Specifically the Bash Party game.

I wouldn't bother if it were me... Far too many people are going to be going for big ticket items that will simply pick up the WII games while they are there.

If you show up 15 minutes before they open, I would think that it'll take 1/2 an hour for the other people in front of you to even get in the store (since you'll be at the end of the line), and by then the games will be long gone.

Thanks for the info Marcster.

To add to my comment above... I went to BB years ago, just as they were opening a few years ago for some memory card deal and other small stuff.

It took 2.5 hours to check out of the store!!! The lines looped through the store and it took forever.

So, even if you are able to get your hands on the games you want, the time you waste in line will prevent you from being able to go to other stores.

I apprecite the info Marcster. I have a co-worker that also works part time at BB. She is going to check on the game that I am interested in and will let me know how many they currently have in stock and if any more is anticipated. The BB in my little town (little compared to the areas around the big cities) only gets about 100 people in line. My co-worker said that they are setting up a maze of sorts in the store for BF. People in line will be given a map of how to navigate the store and where the items they are looking for will be found. She felt the games would be placed at the beginning of the maze. If that is the case (she is going to double check) and am hoping that everyone will be focused on the "big ticket" items and will bypass the games.

I'll be on vacation in Vegas this Thanksgiving and will be doing my bf shopping there. I see there is a best buy not too far from the Monte Carlo Hotel. I'm looking to get the $399 Sony Vaio laptop.

Question:

1. Is this one that will sell out fast (The ad list it as a door buster)

2. How early should I be there in this location for this item?

I'll be on vacation in Vegas this Thanksgiving and will be doing my bf shopping there. I see there is a best buy not too far from the Monte Carlo Hotel. I'm looking to get the $399 Sony Vaio laptop.

Question:

1. Is this one that will sell out fast (The ad list it as a door buster)

2. How early should I be there in this location for this item?

I called my friend who lives in LV and works at the Wynn.

She said that store near the strip is always packed. She said to get there around noon on thanksgiving.

last year i headed into best buy probably around 930 or so after i finished my target run and a few other must have stops and was able to get some wii games no problem.

That's not a bad idea either -- that way boblabontefan wouldn't have invested any time waiting in line (since the crowds should have cleared out by then).

You can also price match that game at Walmart and save the wait in the Best Buy line. The one year I did wait in that 2 hour line to check out, we found most of the items we wanted along the way. People were setting things down that they decided they didn't want, or maybe when they got sick of waiting and left. I will NEVER go back to Best Buy on Black Friday, and price match it all at Walmart instead. It's nice that we can price match at Target too if Walmart is out of something.

I am interested in the Sony Handycam for $249.00 Do you think this will be a hot item. If my parents and I combine funds we can get this for DS & DIL but this will be it. DGS is due Dec 2 so I think they would like it but not 100% sure.

Pretty much guarantee it will be 'HOT:jump3:'. It seems most electronics, especially under $300-$400 are hot, netbooks, notebooks, desktops, small HDTVs, game consoles, cameras and camcorders. Most people are looking for a good deal and the bigger the discount, the hotter the item. I've noticed the cheaper ones will sell out first ;), then the second cheapest and so on and so on.....

I apprecite the info Marcster. I have a co-worker that also works part time at BB. She is going to check on the game that I am interested in and will let me know how many they currently have in stock and if any more is anticipated. The BB in my little town (little compared to the areas around the big cities) only gets about 100 people in line. My co-worker said that they are setting up a maze of sorts in the store for BF. People in line will be given a map of how to navigate the store and where the items they are looking for will be found. She felt the games would be placed at the beginning of the maze. If that is the case (she is going to double check) and am hoping that everyone will be focused on the "big ticket" items and will bypass the games.

I can tell you that equal numbers rush to movies and games as well, because the front people have the big ticket items already covered. I am usually first, and have a hard time when they hide blurays in bins mixed with regular dvds!:yup: