Need ideas for a Disney World trip for Christmas...

jdrd90

We are leaving on Jan 2nd ( oldest dd bday) to go to Disney World. Our first family trip there and it is going to be a Christmas gift to my children,dd 19 (on the 2nd), ds 16, and dd 12. I need ideas on a way to surprise them. I wish I were crafty, but I am not lol. After all other gifts are opened I want to surprise them with this trip. Any ideas would be so appreciated. Thanks :)

This idea just popped into my head as I was reading, after all gifts are open, they each find one last gift, one opens a little airplane (if flying) or car (if driving), another opens a little suitcase, and the last child opens a little plushie Mickey and Minnie. I think they'll get the hint.

Another idea is that if you are staying on site, you can check with guest services to see if they will or still do place a character call to your children to let them know about the vacation. I know they use to have a Disney Enchanted Call but don't know if they still have them.

Have fun on your trip!

Edited by aprncess
added links

I would print or cut out a picture of Disney World, wrap it in a small box and keep wrapping the previous box up in larger boxes. Then end up with a REALLY large box :D Makes them guess after they've got the picture of Disney World :D

This idea just popped into my head as I was reading, after all gifts are open, they each find one last gift, one opens a little airplane (if flying) or car (if driving), another opens a little suitcase, and the last child opens a little plushie Mickey and Minnie. I think they'll get the hint.

Another idea is that if you are staying on site, you can check with guest services to see if they will or still do place a character call to your children to let them know about the vacation. I know they use to have a Disney Enchanted Call but don't know if they still have them.

Have fun on your trip!

I really like this idea!

I have seen where parents wrap up a big box and put Disney themed helium balloons inside. When the kids open the box the balloons will fly out. Inside the box you can put a letter, maybe some t shirts, or Disney Dollars.

this is what we are doing...i get HUGE boxes at work and have figured it out at 52 helium latex balloons and 3 mylar themed ones will fit n box LOL

burn a cd with a lot of disney christmas music not sure what disney christmas music there is nutcracker i think for one? when they are opening their last present go get donuts out of the kitchen or something and turn on the disney music.after the third song plays maybe they will start thinking....

I think you should order them all a set of Mickey ears! They will definately get the hint that way! I am wrapping up my girls disney pin lanyards and pinning on a note that says Surprise we are going to Disney World tomorrow! If we were going before Christmas I would bring them ears back with me.

I also think I would buy them each two gift cards. Maybe one $50 Disney giftcard and then the rest on a visa. I wouldn't put it all on a Disney gift card since they can only spend it at Disney and I know you guys are going to other places too.

just hint around like all morning wear disney earrings if you have them make mickey pancakes give them new stocking with disney characters by the end of opening presents they will be thinking why all the disney stuff. see how long it takes them to figure it out. the last present to be opened is a big box from disney they are only .95 and put their plane ticket in it.

If you go to Home Depot, they have the Disney Paint section. The Paint chips are shaped like Mickey's head, all different colors! You could go by and get a selection in various colors (yes, I've done this....I'm so ashamed....) and use them as your name tags on your presents!

Also, if you go to Disneyshopping.com, they have a section now that includes things from the park, so you could get the "official" autograph book or a t-shirt, etc to wrap up for each of them before you go!

However, if you are driving down or are renting a car, I strongly suggest checking out the Character Warehouse outlet near WDW first before you buy things in the park. They carry things straight from WDW at much better prices. I think it is in the Prime Outlet shopping center.

These tips are more about making sure you have a great experience there!

#1 Get Sehlinger's book The unoffical guide to WDW.

http://www.amazon.com/Unofficial-Guide-Disney-World-Guides/dp/0470460261/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1259514673&sr=8-2-spell

It's the "bible" to help you get around the place and know about all the nooks and crannies. There are classes and behind the scenes tours etc that you can sign up for, but they are all "word of mouth". The book will tell you what is available and how to sign up.

#2 Call this week and make reservations for the character breakfasts and any shows you might want to take in. (The book will help you with phone numbers and descriptions) That way you will be sure to get in AND get the times and dates you want. (These fill up fast, don't get edged out.) My family and I found that food was so good an plentiful that we only ate 2x a day, (and with teens, they will want to graze anyways so probably only 1 meal a day for you. ) We would go to a character breakfast at 8 or 9 am (depending on where the breakfast was and which park we wanted to be in that day.) then we would eat a light lunch/dinner about 3:30 - 4 pm (while lunch prices were still in effect.) It's impossible to "graze" cheaply there so you might as well get a meal and enjoy it.

Keep in mind that guest relations RARELY offer information, but will give it if you ask, so whenever you call, ask lots of questions and be nosey, that's how you find out about stuff. (Special events, special pricings etc.)

Have fun!!!