Clarification on Target's Price Matching Policy

Sarasuzymama

Found this page with more information and clarification on Target's Price Matching policy.

http://sites.target.com/site/en/company/page.jsp?contentId=WCMP04-040400

It now clearly states no matching on "doorbuster" or timed deals.

It also says that you CAN use both manuf. and Target coupons on a product that has been price matched.

And it says that each individual store can define what "local" stores mean when it comes to them only matching prices for "local" stores.

I will be printing this off and bringing it with me when I price match...specifically for the info on coupons.

Hope this helps answer some of those questions out there! Of course, it would have been nice to have this amount of detail from the beginning. :rolleyes:

Found this page with more information and clarification on Target's Price Matching policy.

It now clearly states no matching on "doorbuster" or timed deals.

It also says that you CAN use both manuf. and Target coupons on a product that has been price matched.

And it says that each individual store can define what "local" stores mean when it comes to them only matching prices for "local" stores.

I will be printing this off and bringing it with me when I price match...specifically for the info on coupons.

Hope this helps answer some of those questions out there! Of course, it would have been nice to have this amount of detail from the beginning. :rolleyes:

Good info to know!!

I still don't see how a 2 day sale is a 'timed' sale any more than a 7 day sale is. I understand not price matching 'doorbuster' deals on BF though.

I bet the problem with the TRU ad was the fact that a lot of the items are only on sale "Late Friday and Early Saturday". Therefore it is a timed sale. They should price match if it is good all day for 2 days just like a 7 day ad.

Local is where they get you!! I had to have the service desk call a mgr to apptove PM to Toys R US. They wanted to say they PM only the stores across the street. Wmart & Kohls!!! There is another Target 4 mi. away & c/s told me she had to go to the other store if she wanted to match KMart also 4 mi. away!!! They would not even let an employee PM!! I can't believe they want to lose business & send us to another store down the street in the next town!

"Local" = less than 4 miles? Do you have to be able to see the store you are PMing from Target's parking lot, lol? We have a lot of rural areas around here. I consider anything in our county local. And on a fiesty day I might argue the next county over is local, too! If it is advertised in our local paper and I, the customer who is always right, say that I would be willing to do my shopping at the other store instead, then it is local.

4 miles sounds ridiculous to me....especially since it specifically states the "market area"....I stopped in my local Target this morning and asked the Guest Services associate about their price matching policy and she told me that they would match every competitor ad that we receive in our local paper...and some of those stores are definitely more than 4 miles away.

Just go to Walmart. They price match BF ads. Never had a prob myself. I do work there and normally run a register that day. I always bring in the BF ads myself for personal use AND to let customers peruse. I override anything that is cheaper than our price.

Just go to Walmart. They price match BF ads. Never had a prob myself. I do work there and normally run a register that day. I always bring in the BF ads myself for personal use AND to let customers peruse. I override anything that is cheaper than our price.

You sound like my kind of employee!! Why doncha just quit Walmart and work at Target and make all of us Target addicts happy people!!! :D LOL

I went 2 years ago and Walmart said they didn't price match Black Friday. I wasn't even trying to do a doorbuster, it was a 2 day sale I was trying to match.

UPDATE

They changed it again and REMOVED the 'limited time' exclusions.

http://pressroom.target.com/pr/news/value/our-low-price-promise-facts.aspx

I think this is actually the OLD information...it is the original press release about price matching. I think that the other link is the newer info. But, as always, who knows? Target has not really done a great job of being clear about it.

More bad news!

They changed it again. Now you can't use Target coupons with a price match. Well, techincally you can, but there is no point because they only match the price if it's LOWER than the Target Price (minus) the Target Coupon.

Here's the FAQ with the new clause added in.

More bad news!

They changed it again. Now you can't use Target coupons with a price match. Well, techincally you can, but there is no point because they only match the price if it's LOWER than the Target Price (minus) the Target Coupon.

i just checked it out it seems you can use a target coupon but they will use it first as per there rules.

Manufacturer Coupons:

Manufacturer coupons will be applied after the price match is made.

Target Coupons:

Target coupons will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor's price.

Combining both a Target and Manufacturer Coupons:

The Target coupon will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor's price. Once the price match is made the manufacturer coupon will be applied.

Reminder: We accept one manufacturer coupon and one Target coupon for the same item unless either coupon prohibits it.

Target does not ad match a competitors coupon-required offers.

I bet the problem with the TRU ad was the fact that a lot of the items are only on sale "Late Friday and Early Saturday". Therefore it is a timed sale. They should price match if it is good all day for 2 days just like a 7 day ad.

Actually, I am pretty sure the late Friday & early Saturday sections of the ad actually says Doorbusters. Mine is in the car, but I think the regular 2 day parts they will still match.

More bad news!

As sad as that is for us bargain shoppers, I can kind of see the reason for that rule. I mean the Target coupons are exclusive to Target and probably should be seen as an extension of a Target sale price.

I dunno. Using a Target coupon with a price match seemed like double dipping to me. One thing's for sure, Target would've done big business had that continued! :eyepoppin

As sad as that is for us bargain shoppers, I can kind of see the reason for that rule. I mean the Target coupons are exclusive to Target and probably should be seen as an extension of a Target sale price.

I dunno. Using a Target coupon with a price match seemed like double dipping to me. One thing's for sure, Target would've done big business had that continued! :eyepoppin

They tried to pull something similar on me with the price adjust of the Nerf gun they had on sale a week ago. They wouldn't adjust the price to their own current sale price. I had bought it for $29.99 with a $5 toy book coupon so got it for $24.99. They then marked it down to $26.99 on sale, and wouldn't adjust their price because of the coupon. So I re-bought it with another coupon and got it for $21.99, then returned it on the previous receipt. Don't care if it is double dipping. They offer both the price match and the coupon, there is no reason that I shouldn't get to take advantage of both unless they specifically spell out that they won't. And I'm sure that's why they are doing just that.

Combining both a Target and Manufacturer Coupons:

The Target coupon will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor's price. Once the price match is made the manufacturer coupon will be applied.

Reminder: We accept one manufacturer coupon and one Target coupon for the same item unless either coupon prohibits it.

Target does not ad match a competitors coupon-required offers.

I am soooo glad they clarified this!!! I have been told by a couple of stores I could either choose to price match or use the TQs and MQs. That did not seen right. Hopefully they train the cashiers correctly now...