Home Alone movie question....

rogue1230

Has it ever struck anyone else that the parents - more so the mom is horrible in the 2 movies?

In HA1 the milk/pizza incident happens and she lets the uncle call her kid a "jerk" and says NOTHING, then up the stairs they go, and she tells him to wish for the family to go away.

In HA2 the mishaps begin again and AGAIN she encourages him to wish for the family to disappear....

Is it just me or did anyone else say, um hello THE KID IS 6!!!:eek:

I could always feel Kevin's frustration and injustice. But with what, 5 kids of your own and a mooching B-I-L and his family, I could see how she would be overwhelmed and not in her right mind.

Now me in that situation would automatically side with the baby in the family and get after the older kids. But I guess every family is different.

Edited by rjncmj

Its funny that you posted this because every time Uncle Frank says, "Look what you did you little jerk." I tell my DH, "If anyone said that to my kid, it would be on!"

The parents are both terrible, but like PP said, if they were better parents (not even perfect, just better, I'm nowhere near being a perfect mom, but I would never behave the way those parents do!), then they would never have left their son home alone and we wouldn't have the movies.