Does anyone other then me, think that Best Buy Ad isn't that great??

Cremer83

Maybe its just me... but I think the Best Buy Black Friday ad is a little disappointing this year. Don’t get me wrong they have some good deals on certain things ( Just nothing I need, want, or that really made me jump out of my seat and make me wanna stand in line for 2 days)

In My opinion I feel like it is a normal Sunday ad with a couple of good deals. I feel like there ad has alot of Fluff in it and is lacking true sales like Target did this year. (and by Fluff:

I mean filler space, its the term I use to describe the extra crap I put in research papers in college to make it look nicer and sound better)

I didn’t write this to start a big war of words and if you disagree with me that’s fine, I just always get excited for the release of Best Buys Black Friday ad and this year I feel like i was let down. Best Buy is one of the only main stream electronic stores left in the US and yet they don’t even have the best deals on TV????

So Target will be my campout spot this year!

Still looks like Office Max for me. No way is Best Buy worth a trip this year. I got the XBox deal at Walmart for the kids last weekend and that was about the only thing of interest in this ad. I guess the rumors regarding the netbooks were off, way way off. :yuck:

So disappointed for the first time in 12 years I will probably not even bother going to BB. I have been one of the first on line since 1996 and always got the items of my choice but there are no items this year worth standing on line for over 24hrs like I always have in the past. A tradition that was only broken due to a very weak sales ad, worst I have ever seen by BB.

I agree every year I eagerly await the release of the BB Black Friday ad and am in the first 4 in line and this year I think I may skip camping there also the only remotely good deal is the samsung LED tv and that is prob pretty close to what I can get it for online...the only thing that will sway me is if they put out some really good last minute deals that are in store that you only find out about online thursday...or if this ad is an elaborate hoax like misinformation to guard the real ad...just wishful thinking I guess

The only thing I've been watching for was the Sony Handycam in blue. They are both in the ad. Cheapest I've seen it is 230 at dell, it's 269 at Walmart. Best buy is 199 and 269 for the one with a hard drive. I'm going to be online Thursday midnight and buy it like last year. Not fighting crowds, then I will drive to Walmart and leisurely watch everyone else panic.

There are a few things we would like like the Dsi combo with $20 gift card and a few other video games. We bought the samsung front loader washer and dryer set today for the same price ( plus free delivery and carry off) they have listed in the add. So....not worth standng in line but would love to get the games. So far it looks like Target for us. Will Target match BB's add? Hmmm...

Yeah...I didn't go to BB last year, because, it was lackluster to me, as well. But this year is REALLY disappointing. Nothing that's beating anyone out, and some of the deals they have, I can get at other stores on BF for the same deal with less hassle.

Same here. This year I will drive around and take pictures.

Yeah...I didn't go to BB last year, because, it was lackluster to me, as well. But this year is REALLY disappointing. Nothing that's beating anyone out, and some of the deals they have, I can get at other stores on BF for the same deal with less hassle.

I went to best buy last year cause i got some games and movies, but almost everything they have you can get at other stores for either cheaper or same prices....hell u can even get about the same prices now in ads

they do not have very good AD this year because of no Circut City!!!!! :)

:gdiagree: I'd posted this prediction a couple months ago. Although Wally World and Target will compete with them in the low end (TVs, computers, laptops), they really have no nationwide B&M competitor in the mid-high end items. I noticed there's almost a complete lack of computer upgrades (RAM, Video cards, etc) in any of the ads this year.

i have looked at the ad and did not see the ipod touch on sale anywhere in the ad...did I miss it ? I am hoping to get a deal on one and havent seen a really good deal anywhere yet ! walmart has them regular priced at 295.oo for the 32gb. was hoping bb would have a deal on them...guess i will keep looking and hoping !!

i have looked at the ad and did not see the ipod touch on sale anywhere in the ad...did I miss it ? I am hoping to get a deal on one and havent seen a really good deal anywhere yet ! walmart has them regular priced at 295.oo for the 32gb. was hoping bb would have a deal on them...guess i will keep looking and hoping !!

The BB ad has the 8gb for $199 with a $30 gift card.

Seems to me, and I could be wrong, that the stores have caught on to the whole Black Friday thing and are taking advantage of ordinary customers who don't know prices. Now they openly call it Black Friday on TV and in ads. It wasn't that way before a year or two ago, IIRC.

The perfect example of this is the Sony KDL-46V5100 in the Sears ad. It is $1239 on BF and right now you can buy it for $1039 at Sears and BB. That's a deal? Gimme a break! No wonder we're disappointed.

I just looked at the BB ad again. Some of the TVs have different model numbers and are not on the website. No way to compare with that going on.

Another disappointed here! I was really holding out for a $150 netbook....nope....assuming OM holds to their original release, I will be there. Especially as nothing else in the BB ad is screaming to me. Even the DSi bundle, like someone above mentioned, is being offered at Target & Kmart. The only thing that worries me about OM, is that they open so late...so I'm either going to have to have someone wait in line for me there...or send them to do my other shopping.