Sears Friends & Family Nov 15 Sale

arci122

man, this is weak. i am disappointed. last years was much better, even better than BF's ad. what are these companies thinking?

Agreed. Nothing worth making a trek in there for. Keeping my powder dry for BF and/or the Saturday Specials at Wal Mart. Those are actually something to get excited about. So far, from what I've seen, I'll probably be getting in line at Office Max. Who woulda thought :shock:

I'm thinking I'll check it out online first this year, then decide if I'm gonna venture out... Am I correct that this is the first year the F&F sale has been available online?? Just wondering how that will work and if there might be other "specials" available only online...

Make sure you check the F&F flyer prices & stock/item numbers against the BF 2 day sale flyer prices & stock/item numbers. In appliances, I'm seeing increased F&F prices & model number differences on some items...

Example:

Kemore Elite 25 cu. ft. refrigerator (#79753)

BF 2 day sale price - $1599.99 (save $1200)

F&F sale - 2015.99 after 10% VIP savings (save $784)

Samsung Front loader:

BF 2 day sale - $999.98 pair

Samsung 4.0 cu. ft. High Efficiency Washer (#38302/WF219ANW)

Samsung 7.3 cu. ft. Dryer (#88302/DV219AEW)

F&F sale - $1079.98 pair after 10% VIP savings

Samsung 4.0 cu ft High Efficiency Washer (#37072/WF328AAW)

Samsung 7.3 cu ft Dryer (#87072/DV328AEW)

Any additional %'s off in the F&F ad not included. Just a heads up...

So it's $80 more to buy the Samsung washer and dryer on F&F, but it doesn't say anything about it not qualifing for free delivery... I think I'll try to get the set this Sunday - it's worth the extra $80 to 1) make sure I can get the set and 2) have DH haggle for free delivery!

Make sure you check the F&F flyer prices & stock/item numbers against the BF 2 day sale flyer prices & stock/item numbers. In appliances, I'm seeing increased F&F prices & model number differences on some items...

Example:

Samsung Front loader:

So disappointed as I was so excited to purchase this W/D set early as I've been without heat in my dryer since September...takes FOREVER obviously to dry.

I want the 219 though not the 328. OY.

I can make it 2 more weeks I guess.

I just bought the Magellan GPS online and it took 5% off from the sales price. The price came out better than black friday. I selected the PickUp in store to save shipping, and it says available later today, only 7 available at my store.

I was about to buy the TomTom at Target on black friday, but after reading reviews, I decided not to. Now I can do my first stop at Kohls at 4:00am instead of Target or Sears

I'm hoping they price match on BF too. Most of the things I bought yesterday were a better deal with the extra 10-15% off. I did buy my brother a saw that was $39.99 with 10% off, but when I checked the ad today, it will be $29.99 on BF. I'll be fighting that one!

I got my Samsung washer and dryer last night... and I got the additional $10 off the pedastals because I told them there were two $5 coupon codes I could use if ordered them on line, so she gave it to me. My Sears card had been cancelled due to inactivity so I signed up for a new one and now we have 6 months to pay it off same as cash, so now our saving doesn't have to take a big hit and we can pay it off w/DH's overtime over the next few months (we ALWAYS pay it off before the time is up - I refuse to pay interest!) Plus DH called me this morning to tell me he has already sold our old washer and dryer! YAY!!

Example:

Samsung Front loader:

There was a price error on the Kenmore. We got it for 1599.99 - 10% off = 1439.99.

Also, we saw people getting the Samsung W/D deal as it was advertised on the BF flyer. (plus the 10% off)

I tried purchasing the Kenmore for $1439.99 at 1 am. Sears was having a problem with their website at that time, it was showing the sale of $1599.99 in green, but my total was showing up as $2500. I called Sears today, they honored the sale price of 1599.99, plus the 10% off for f&f. So happy, I got my Kenmore for $1439.99.

Just wanted to let you know in case anyone else had same problem. The rep I spoke with would NOT help me, she only offered me 5% off today's price of 2300. I insisted on speaking with a manager. Manager imediately honored the sale!

I bought a fridge, stove, microwave and dishwasher at the F&F sale w/no problems. The Samsung 29 cuft. fridge was on sale so they would only take off 10%. :( I had hoped they would take the 15% off the sale price and then the 10% VIP discount. The dishwasher I bought is a doorbuster on BF but in white. They said I wouldn't be able to get the DB price on a different color. All in all it went smoothly... I already had all the numbers written down and everything picked out. We went to an appliance store so it wasn't busy at all.